$48,000 tow bill to remove Jeep.

rod

Retired 22 years
Damn Jeeps. Actually there is a saying around here that the only difference between 2 wheel drive and 4 wheel drive is the ability of 4 wheel drive to get you stuck in a worse place.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Why the heck would you call a tow company to get you out?

I learned the hard way not to go mudding if you're the biggest vehicle in the group. Truck was stuck in red Mississippi mud in the middle of nowhere for 3 days. Ended up paying a pair of good ole boys $150 + beer to winch me out. I wasnt happy about the price, but this story makes me feel a lot better about it now.

rod

Retired 22 years
Why the heck would you call a tow company to get you out?

I learned the hard way not to go mudding if you're the biggest vehicle in the group. Truck was stuck in red Mississippi mud in the middle of nowhere for 3 days. Ended up paying a pair of good ole boys $150 + beer to winch me out. I wasnt happy about the price, but this story makes me feel a lot better about it now.

We used to go as a group and help each other out. That's the only way to do it. A person who goes 4-wheeling by themselves is a damn fool. I hope this guy got some from the gal to soften the blow (tee-hee).

brett636

A buddy of mine had to pay for a towing company to pull his Blazer out of a bad spot when it got stuck. It was an offroad tow, but I think it only cost him around $400 or so. For $48k the owner can go get a brand new Jeep wrangler with the upgraded tires and suspension.

rod

Retired 22 years
Around here we usually have 2 or 3 people whose 4X4's break through the ice every winter an go to the bottom of the lake. Its not cheap to get them out but they have too as ordered by the Dept. of Natural Resources. There is a local tow company who invented a rig to retrieve them and he makes a good living using it.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
The owner of the Jeep works at an Auto Body Shop . It should be no problem for him to find another wreck to drive .

Babagounj

Strength through joy
A buddy of mine had to pay for a towing company to pull his Blazer out of a bad spot when it got stuck. It was an offroad tow, but I think it only cost him around $400 or so. For $48k the owner can go get a brand new Jeep wrangler with the upgraded tires and suspension.
On a side note.....Marine tows .
This past summer a simple tow of about a mile back to the launching ramp for a jet ski cost $600 . First off the operator was a fool blasting thru restricted areas at top speed and secondly after the tow he never used the jet ski again .