4th of July holiday pay

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Brownsav23, Jul 12, 2014.

1. Brownsav23

Brownsav23 New Member

Hello I work at ups local sort I been there way past my 30 days been working since st Patricks day I'm in the union to . well today or last weekend I didn't receive my holiday pay I don't understand on Memorial Day I receive two pay checks one was my regular pay and one was 80 dollars. What do I do I got direct deposit but nothing came to my account today

2. BUCN85

BUCN85 Active Member

Whoever is in charge of payroll at your hub you have to tell them. They will fix it and it will be on your next check

"This is called the pre-LOAD not the pre-STACK"

3. Brownsav23

Brownsav23 New Member

There's no one I can call today ima give it until 2:00 then ima call our pay checks come from atlanta ga

4. laffter

laffter Active Member

Maybe it's different from region to region? But...

1) WE don't get holiday pay until after the first year.

2) How the hell do you get $80 for a holiday working a local sort when you've been there less than a year?

5. Brownsav23

Brownsav23 New Member

One of my co workers told me it's apart of our new contract I'm in ga and our pay went up to 10 dollars and hour

6. BSWALKS

BSWALKS Easily Amused

In my local a part timer doesn't get holiday for one year. After that, holiday pay for part timers is 4 hours.

7. upschuck

upschuck Avatar bet gone wrong

That second pay check of $80 may have been your retro check. It came out at that time.

8. Brownsav23

Brownsav23 New Member

How much y'all get payed an hour and where you from

9. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Not nearly enough and none of your business.

10. Brownsav23

Brownsav23 New Member

When does anther retro check comes out?

11. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 ahhh....the mouth breathers

No holiday pay fo a year.

More than you.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  12. UpstateNYUPSer

You have not been working here long enough to receive holiday or retro pay. Retro pay, often called back pay, is pay that union employees who work under a contract receive when a contract is extended and then ratified.

13. upschuck

The retro check is the child of the contract not being finalized before it went into effect. Contract finalize Apr 25, went into effect Aug 25, so all time worked between those dates got a pay raise, that was not paid until May 27th. So we will not get another retro check until the same situation arises again, no sooner then Aug 2018

14. upschuck

He gets retro from March 17 through Apr 18. of $1.50/hr. which would come to about $80 net.

15. UpstateNYUPSer

The OP has only been here since mid February so would not be eligible for a check.

16. upschuck

St Patricks day was March 17, and starting pay was raised from $8.50 to $10, and yes he is eligible for retro since he worked under the new contract.

17. They come from the 1970's . Long hair ,funky clothes and disco music.:peaceful:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  18. UpstateNYUPSer

I took a guess as to when St Patty's Day was.

19. upschuck

Only one spending holiday a month. Way to keep the economy moving all year, I guess.:happy-very:

20. scooby0048

scooby0048 This page left intentionally blank

lol...every Thursday at midnite