4th of July

barnyard

KTM rider
The weekend of the 4th will be the end of my 3 weeks of vacation. Going to ride my motorcycle and mountain bike all over MT, WA and OR, with a little bit of ID for good measure.

Friday the 3rd is going to be nasty. Monday the 6th will be more of the same.

Dr.Brownz

Think management will try to say "Sorry guys It's heavy cause it's a holiday weekend!, people must be getting ready for the holiday! It will be better next week! " while cutting several routes and keeping everyone out till 8pm or later. Wait the think was redundant, of course that will happen

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
You mentioned in another thread that he was playing in the 16u division. Is he comfortable moving up like that?

Haha! That is my older for 18u in long island. For the week end of July 4th. This week end I was watching my 14 yr old play in a 16u tourney. He is the starting catcher. Yes. Both boys have always been able to play with older groups. Usually leading each of their teams. With both pitching and batting. My wife and I are all over the east coast. All spring, summer and fall. For both. This fall my youngest. Starts travel softball. As the older will be in college. 3 done. 3 to go

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Think management will try to say "Sorry guys It's heavy cause it's a holiday weekend!, people must be getting ready for the holiday! It will be better next week! " while cutting several routes and keeping everyone out till 8pm or later. Wait the think was redundant, of course that will happen

That's probably better than "Get away from me you whiney little beyotch!"

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Haha! That is my older for 18u in long island. For the week end of July 4th. This week end I was watching my 14 yr old play in a 16u tourney. He is the starting catcher. Yes. Both boys have always been able to play with older groups. Usually leading each of their teams. With both pitching and batting. My wife and I are all over the east coast. All spring, summer and fall. For both. This fall my youngest. Starts travel softball. As the older will be in college. 3 done. 3 to go

We used to do the same for our kids when they played travel hockey.

Do you guys try to "brown bag" as much as possible or do you do the whole "we're on vacation thing"? We did that for their first year and found out quickly just how expensive that could be.

A lot of our friends didn't understand why we would spend so much time on the road but I look back on those years as the best time I have ever spent with my family.

3 done 3 to go

We used to do the same for our kids when they played travel hockey.

Do you guys try to "brown bag" as much as possible or do you do the whole "we're on vacation thing"? We did that for their first year and found out quickly just how expensive that could be.

A lot of our friends didn't understand why we would spend so much time on the road but I look back on those years as the best time I have ever spent with my family.

All of my vacation time is the week of every UPS holiday. Because there is a tournament some where. Then I use sick and rovers as fill days if I'm out of state.

Last year we actually went to camp grounds. Slept in a tent. Only cost about a grand for the whole baseball season. If we stayed at a hotel. Would have cost no :censored2: ----10,000. Both play as many as 70-100 games a yr.

Food wise. Subway, mc Donald 's. Or once in a while Applebees or pizza

I don't care what others think about what I do. For my kids. I cherish every second I spend with them. When I do get to stop. I expect them to give me tickets to come watch them play. All season.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

All of my vacation time is the week of every UPS holiday. Because there is a tournament some where. Then I use sick and rovers as fill days if I'm out of state.

Last year we actually went to camp grounds. Slept in a tent. Only cost about a grand for the whole baseball season. If we stayed at a hotel. Would have cost no :censored2: ----10,000. Both play as many as 70-100 games a yr.

Food wise. Subway, mc Donald 's. Or once in a while Applebees or pizza

I don't care what others think about what I do. For my kids. I cherish every second I spend with them. When I do get to stop. I expect them to give me tickets to come watch them play. All season.

You see them as having a chance to play above the collegiate level?

3 done 3 to go

Do your kids still have to take the Regents test in order to get their diplomas, even though they are home schooled?

No. No common core. After they Complete 2 yrs at community college. The state sends their GED automatically. Only bad thing. The 4 yr colleges want that crap for scholarships. I'm also not paying for their college. They are. That way if they want to party. Not do what is expected. It's their dime. We are a tough love family. No slackers

No. No common core. After they Complete 2 yrs at community college. The state sends their GED automatically. Only bad thing. The 4 yr colleges want that crap for scholarships. I'm also not paying for their college. They are. That way if they want to party. Not do what is expected. It's their dime. We are a tough love family. No slackers
Unfortunately not enough of that is done anymore.

Good for you and better yet for your kids.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Are common core and Regents one in the same? You'll have to excuse my questions as it has been 10 years since my youngest was in high school.

I like your plan of having them spend the first two years at a community college and then moving on to a 4 year school. Everything transfers and it is much cheaper; however, will this hurt them as far as playing ball at the 4 year school?

3 done 3 to go

6 kids while working FT (with OT)? His wife deserves the bulk of the credit.

Absolutely 100%. She is tough. It works. She also has a home company and supplies Dean &Deluca with her merchandise. UPS is a big part of our income. I really had no idea what I wanted to do after college. She said she heard UPS was a good company to work for. It came real easy to me. I love to drive. Can be easier if they would leave me alone. So far no computer system. Is better than I am

Absolutely 100%. She is tough. It works. She also has a home company and supplies Dean &Deluca with her merchandise. UPS is a big part of our income. I really had no idea what I wanted to do after college. She said she heard UPS was a good company to work for. It came real easy to me. I love to drive. Can be easier if they would leave me alone. So far no computer system. Is better than I am
My.man!