4th of July

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
You have much to learn about ORION, Dave.

A member of the team goes out on the route one, maybe two, days. If, in his/her mind the solution works, it's implemented. Maybe a few tweaks are made, but nothing significant.

When I had my ride, ORION wanted me to drive up an old logging road that had been abandoned for probably 40 years. The fix, he set the speed limit on that road to two miles per hour. Even though the road was only passable by dirt bikes, just because Bing maps said it was there, it could not be ignored.

Get ready, Dave. Get ready.
Yep. Had drivers told to drive through corn fields.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Now guys. Do you have a different Orion? Our 2 weeks in ours. Doesn't tell us which way to go. Just lists next stop in order. Still up to me which way I go
Like when the Orion guy was on route. He said when you're going from this town to this town you need to cut through here.

It was a corn field. Lol

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Are common core and Regents one in the same? You'll have to excuse my questions as it has been 10 years since my youngest was in high school.

I like your plan of having them spend the first two years at a community college and then moving on to a 4 year school. Everything transfers and it is much cheaper; however, will this hurt them as far as playing ball at the 4 year school?

Oops. Sorry I missed this one. No they are not the same. Regents are the state tests. That for some reason people think you need them. They really don't. Common core is the new government standard test. Makes absolutely zero sense. There is adding when you subtract. No real answer. There is a close enough answer. You can look online for the real answers. Too many to list. Also a way the government can rate teachers to be good or bad. 90% of teachers are against this. So far 17 States follow common core. Mostly but not all democratic states

clean hairy

No. No common core. After they Complete 2 yrs at community college. The state sends their GED automatically. Only bad thing. The 4 yr colleges want that crap for scholarships. I'm also not paying for their college. They are. That way if they want to party. Not do what is expected. It's their dime. We are a tough love family. No slackers
My Brother had a friend whose Father passed away.
His Father left enough to pay for College, but only Tuition.
Room, Board, and books, and all other costs his Son would have to come up with.
If his Son finished with a certain GPA after 4 yrs, he got the rest of his Inheritance.
If not, the $$ would go to Charity.
His Son did not have time to party in College, and is a successful Businessman now.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I'm on vacation. Wife gets the 3rd off. Found flights to vegas for $200 round trip. Trying to get our best friends to go
Yeah...no kidding cheap flights. I'm going out of town in August....I found non stop flights for less than $250.

July vacation I'm driving down to VA to see my brother and his family.