4th of July

BCFan

Bone-in Rib Eyes on the grill, corn on the cob, scalloped potatoes and tossed salad with our first tomato of the season........Grandkids due to arrive shortly after lunchtime today and I'll have them 'til Sunday.

This is a great 4th of July !! :thumbup1:
wow been eating tomatoes a week now ....this morning I had biscuits bacon and tomatoes :thumbup1:BC (not bush cheney)

satellitedriver

Bone-in Rib Eyes on the grill, corn on the cob, scalloped potatoes and tossed salad with our first tomato of the season........Grandkids due to arrive shortly after lunchtime today and I'll have them 'til Sunday.

This is a great 4th of July !! :thumbup1:
Now that is what I call a meal.

satellitedriver

Moreluck, you have tomatos already?? Here in New England we don't pick our first until late August. I assume your growing season must start in April??

As a side note, I love tomatos. My grandfather grew them and taught me everything he knew about growing them when I was a kid. He had some growing "tips" of his own. He used to put manure in a coffee can and mix in some water and then pour it at the base of the plants.

I don't know if this was effective, nor do I know where he got the idea. I do know, however, what he called this "secret potion" of his and I love telling this story to this day because it makes me laugh.

My grandfather was from Italy and he called this stuff "kukalari juice" LOL. Is there anyone in this forum that has heard of kukalari juice??:lol:
I love!!! vine ripe tomatos. Sorry to rub it in but my customers have been giving me tomatos since early June.
Never heard of "kukalari juice", but I know what you feed them directly has an effect on their flavor.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I hope everyone who had the day off enjoyed it and took a little time to reflect on that despite all the problems we have in this country, we are still lucky to be born here.

I fired up my Smoker and threw on a Boston pork butt, a whole chicken, and some Echrich sausages at 7AM. We also had Brunswick Stew, green beans, potato salad, and apple pie for dessert. We had the in-laws over for supper, they managed to behave themselves, so it was a good day. I only had one beer, its a work day tomorrow. Strange to have a holiday in the middle of the week. I have two weeks off after this week, back to Oahu again. I hope to take some more of those falling off the surfboard lessons again.:biggrin:

raceanoncr

Happy 4th everyone. Be safe. And please, if you drink don't drive.

Thanks for the safe notes. I NEVER drink whilst driving...afraid I'll spill some. Always get drunk BEFORE I drive...that way beer cans won't hit me in the head when I'm thrashing about in tumbling car! :blush:

Just kidding now.

myUPSguyTrickNme

Hope everyone had a happy & safe 4th to spend quality time w/family!:cool:

fireworks%203.jpg

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
My husband and I will agree as to who gets to drink at a party. Whoever drives to the party, gets to drink and the other drives home. Works for us and it's not as hard as I thought to not drink socially. Actually, makes me feel good that I can contribute to safety on the road, if it's my drive home.

Hope everyone had a safe and happy 4th.
I solved this problem by marrying a non drinker:wink:Its enough to make you fall in love all by itself......
I never have to wonder whos drivin. It wont be me:lol: