4X10 weeks for everyone at Express plan

Discussion in 'FedEx Discussions' started by big time, Aug 3, 2015.

1. big time

big time New Member

Anyone else hear of this plan? Our ops mgr told us of this plan this morning. Said in planning stage now.

2. I Am Jacks Damaged Box

I Am Jacks Damaged Box Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  3. Nope.

Oh wait, I don't work at FedEx.:-)

4. It will be fine

It will be fine Well-Known Member

Don't worry, you guys will get 4 x 10s when Brown figures out they need free Saturday ground service to keep up.

5. 5x10 for now....lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  6. I Am Jacks Damaged Box

I Am Jacks Damaged Box Well-Known Member

Planning to plan is a FedEx specialty. Very rarely does anything progress to an action phase.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. Rhoderunner

Rhoderunner Active Member

...or the action phase begins before the planning is fully thought out.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  8. Rhoderunner

Rhoderunner Active Member

Hmm, didn't someone just last week report that their location was eliminating pickup routes. Expanding the delivery window of the day shift to be available for pickups. Coincidence ?? I don't care for where this is heading.

9. Cactus

Cactus Just telling it like it is

Our station has tried 4X10's several times in the past and failed. The biggest problem was the station was never adequately staffed to pull it off. I don't see that changing no matter how they recruit and hire.

10. mcutrono

mcutrono Member

That would explain why they ramped up our dra times at my station. Of course management at my station would go with the usual "where did you hear that from? We havent been told anything" statement

11. MrFedEx

MrFedEx Engorged Member

Gee, Wally. Where are they going to get the people? Most stations cannot even staff a normal 5-day operation. I predict a massive Purple Fail.

12. Purplepackage

Purplepackage Well-Known Member

lol I'm with you 4x10 and then Monday is a 12 most of the time

13. BigTex61

BigTex61 Active Member

They've been trying this at our station during the past year. Most of the 4×10 are coming in on their day off because that can't keep employees. Instead of cutting hours, it turns out they're getting alot of overtime. Freaking morons!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  14. I just don't understand why we can't get out of the building early on Monday?
    All of the freight is there ready to roll.

15. Operational needs

Operational needs Well-Known Member

Same at FedEx, our freight is there also.

16. They used to start us an hour early on Monday.. I got so much more work done.
    And saved a ton of miles.

17. FedexCares

FedexCares Member

This. Our station has been going with 4X10 for alot of employees who have routes that were causing them to stay out quite a bit, in hopes that it would cut down on OT. However, due to staffing issues, these people are now coming in on their day off (all OT), and coming in on saturdays as well for double time.

18. Turdferguson

Turdferguson Guest

Maybe you are old and slow now and it has nothing to do with when you leave the building. ( hey you were right I would deserve what you said earlier)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  19. whenIgetthere

whenIgetthere Well-Known Member

They used to start us an hour early on Monday, now it's 15 minutes! I am T-S now, so not my problem, but they are taking massive a lot more lates on Mondays.

20. They cut so many route on Monday. It's sickening. Atleast start us early.