haller

My co-worker said his driver dropped him off with multiple stops worth of boxes and then told him to meet him a few blocks away. Is that what being a driver helper is? Running after a truck after they make you deliver :censored2:? He described it as literally running after the truck.

Yep and seeing smiles on people as they receive their packages.

Box Ox

My co-worker said his driver dropped him off with multiple stops worth of boxes and then told him to meet him a few blocks away. Is that what being a driver helper is? Running after a truck after they make you deliver :censored2:? He described it as literally running after the truck.

I'd only drop a helper off if I were coming back in his/her direction. Like if I gave 'em packages for 218, 220, 221 and I wanted to hit 237 at the end of a cul-de-sac while they do it.

Otherwise, we're both delivering if it's tight or I'm stopped and sorting the next 5 stops while the helper delivers. No running after the truck stuff. Helpers deserve better than that.

W

What The Hawk?

I'd only drop a helper off if I were coming back in his/her direction. Like if I gave 'em packages for 218, 220, 221 and I wanted to hit 237 at the end of a cul-de-sac while they do it.

Otherwise, we're both delivering if it's tight or I'm stopped and sorting the next 5 stops while the helper delivers. No running after the truck stuff. Helpers deserve better than that.

At my center there is a reminder that says "Helpers are humans not robots". I like that. I have a question though, do they put female helpers with male drivers and vice versa? I'm just wondering cause I would prefer to be with the same gender. But I can manage if it weren't that way.

haller

At my center there is a reminder that says "Helpers are humans not robots". I like that. I have a question though, do they put female helpers with male drivers and vice versa? I'm just wondering cause I would prefer to be with the same gender. But I can manage if it weren't that way.

Have you gone out yet? Have your icy hot ready for the temporary back pain. The jump seat does not fully support the spine.

Box Ox

do they put female helpers with male drivers and vice versa? I'm just wondering cause I would prefer to be with the same gender. But I can manage if it weren't that way.

Gender isn't considered in helper assignment as far as I know. But driver requests for specific helpers are generally honored. If a female driver knows you, speak up about it.

Sometimes certain helpers become known as all stars and the highest seniority driver requesting them gets to keep them.

I was a helper for a few years before coming on board as a part timer. Was a great experience with both female and male drivers. But I can definitely see how a female helper could get uncomfortable. It's a male dominated profession and smoke show helpers are noticed.

W

What The Hawk?

I know a few female drivers I would love to be helpers for. I just don't know how to ask them or tell them.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Seriously? Why would that matter? Is it 1940?

Box Ox

No one going to chime in on the jump seat? It needs to have the devil beaten out of it.

I'm gonna try to make mine the nicest in my center. Wrap it up in Christmas lights and a mattress topper or something. Appeal to the helper's butt comfort and holiday spirit in case we're still way short on helpers when stuff hits the fan and they get to choose their driver.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I could care less what gender my helper was as long as they did the job. Although I generally had better luck with females, they tended to be more reliable and detail-oriented than the guys. When you have less upper body strength you learn to work smarter not harder. It seemed like I had a harder time getting the guys to listen and pay attention.

W

What The Hawk?

I don't feel comfortable with the idea of being a helper for a male driver. that's why I was asking. personal reasons. But if i must be put with a male driver, I'll :censored2:ing deal with it. Thanks for the answers.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I don't feel comfortable with the idea of being a helper for a male driver. that's why I was asking. personal reasons. But if i must be put with a male driver, I'll :censored2:ing deal with it. Thanks for the answers.
If you want the extra work....Get over it. Most drivers are not going to risk losing their $100k a year job just to sexually harassing their female helper.

Future

Victory Ride
If you can go to the right house I don't care if your a u unicorn ....get over yourself