5 hr safety ride ??

GolfCart

Anyone ever heard of this ? I have always had 1-3 hr rides for 20 yrs . Today he was on truck for 5 hrs ! WOW ! I did great , but still hated him on the truck

DS

Fenderbender
They are doing all day rides here.Every driver.Then they make you sign about 50 documents for (re-certification),
It's all things you should already know,so no big deal,then you have to write out the whole 10 point commentary.and 5 seeing habits.
I guess it's their way of attempting you to memorize it,but it's an hour on the clock,so it's ok with me.
It is meaningless really,we already have a contract.I think it's a way of weeding out the people the center manager does not like.

GolfCart

Do you ever not complain? Your poor family!!!

DO NOT CLICK ON MY POST IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO SEE ME COMPLAIN ABOUT UPS !!!!!!!! go somewhere else !!!!

No I always COMPLAIN about UPS only !! Life is good , works sucks !! Simple fact . I let my boss have it !!! He was asking questions as I drove , I told him " When I drive , I drive , when I deliver , I deliver " So STOP distracting me !! He thought that was funny . A few times though the day , I used thier sayings against him . He liked it . I guess we are lucky around here 2 hrs top in the past , now 5 hrs . ALL DAY , that would suck !!!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

DO NOT CLICK ON MY POST IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO SEE ME COMPLAIN ABOUT UPS !!!!!!!! go somewhere else !!!!

No I always COMPLAIN about UPS only !! Life is good , works sucks !! Simple fact . I let my boss have it !!! He was asking questions as I drove , I told him " When I drive , I drive , when I deliver , I deliver " So STOP distracting me !! He thought that was funny . A few times though the day , I used thier sayings against him . He liked it . I guess we are lucky around here 2 hrs top in the past , now 5 hrs . ALL DAY , that would suck !!!

You can either go with the flow or try to make waves but at the end of the day you will not change the course of the river.

over9five

Staff member
5 hours!!!! All day!!!! Wahhh, you guys have it easy.

They are starting 40 hour (that's right, I said 40 hour) "Observation rides" here. Imagine having some fool with you for the whole week....

barnyard

KTM rider
You can either go with the flow or try to make waves but at the end of the day you will not change the course of the river.

There is so much wisdom to this statement.

I have been sober for 23+ years and I found my life at UPS was soooo much more tolerable when I realized that there are some things at UPS I cannot not change. I accept that and I can live life a little easier.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member

There is so much wisdom to this statement.

I have been sober for 23+ years and I found my life at UPS was soooo much more tolerable when I realized that there are some things at UPS I cannot not change. I accept that and I can live life a little easier.

So much wisdom in two posts. I think I could cry. its universal.

GolfCart

I do a great job for UPS , but I LOVE making WAVES !!!! Everyday , I hit them HARD !! YEs I know they do not care , but its fun ( to me ) to get in thier face every chance I get !!!!!

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Goochy, do you think they care that you "hit them hard" Trust me when you least expect, they will swat you like a bug on the windshield. They are as overworked as we are, they have no power, either. They dont care if you call off, they dont care if you do a good job, or a fast job, or a superb job. They just need a body, and you are one. If it makes you "feel" better, then play that game.
Most of us are just trying to stay in the game. I stay under the radar as much as possible. I say things that need to be said for my safety, survival etc. I dont make a game of it. I sincerely hope your attitude doesnt bit you in the rumpus. Its not a game, its a job. Pretty hard to find one I hear, that pays what we make, so we eat it, or dont. If you truly hate it, you are young, get out while you can.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I have never had a five hour ride, usually they will ride with us maybe an hour or two. I have had some supervisors who never did them, I went three or four years without one once.

My Center's latest accident is a hoot. Our driver was driving slowly through an apartment complex and somebody backed out of a parking spot and hit him. Those P-1200s are so hard to spot as you can imagine. UPS charged our driver "for not making eye to eye contact". We were told that our driver should have been blowing his horn going through the parking lot. Are you kidding???? Maybe we should drive down the interstate blowing our horn too. Ridiculous.

satellitedriver

I do a great job for UPS , but I LOVE making WAVES !!!! Everyday , I hit them HARD !! YEs I know they do not care , but its fun ( to me ) to get in thier face every chance I get !!!!!
Jeez, do your "great" job, take the pay and then go home and try to have a life.
Why in the hell do you get your cookies trying to make other peoples lives harder?

Use that anger, angst, pent up, energy to a productive use.
The bow of the "tightest ship in the shipping industry" will easily cleave thru any wave you can generate.
You hit them hard?
:nobrainzombis:
Friend,
there is no them, or they, to hit hard.
To survive long term at UPS a worker needs to apply Jujutsu, not Karate.

GolfCart

Well at MY hub its ALL a game !! I just play it , its not a job anymore its a GAME !! Your hub might be all warm and fuzzy , my hub is cut throat , different rules every day . Just a joke , where I work . I have had some many bosses in the last 7 yrs I can not even count . ( atleast 15 ) Yes I know any of us , is JUST a body !! who cares . I play the game to the best I can , and then go home . I just hate my job , and I tell them that EVERYDAY !! but I am one of the top 5 drivers in hub ! so they LOVE to Hate me !!!! I will always post negitive about UPS on here , I thought this was a place to vent , so I guess if my post disturb you , you might not want to read them anymore ...................