5 hr safety ride ??

brown bomber

brown bomber
I am not a great lover of UPS, and care far less for the teamsters.
Hate all you wish.
I left a better paying job/career 26yrs ago, because ,I refused to live my life hating the company I worked for.
As tough as my 26yrs working for UPS have been, there is one truth.
Every promise UPS made to me has been met, and I returned like in kind.
Your brotherhood -(teamster)- promises have fallen very short, and have turned promises into excuses.
This old geezer does not intend to be pushed out by anyone.

good on you Sat.........you have to hold out for us old farts......basically everyone is selling us old guys out....believe me I'm a victim

GolfCart

I am not a great lover of UPS, and care far less for the teamsters.
Hate all you wish.
I left a better paying job/career 26yrs ago, because ,I refused to live my life hating the company I worked for.
As tough as my 26yrs working for UPS have been, there is one truth.
Every promise UPS made to me has been met, and I returned like in kind.
Your brotherhood -(teamster)- promises have fallen very short, and have turned promises into excuses.
This old geezer does not intend to be pushed out by anyone.

Sad thing is your on the way out and do not even know it :( I hate them BOTH !!!!!!! but I have to HAVE both ! Ups wants young folks for less per hr ! less everything , the American way !

packageguy

Anyone ever heard of this ? I have always had 1-3 hr rides for 20 yrs . Today he was on truck for 5 hrs ! WOW ! I did great , but still hated him on the truck

They were with me all day, about 3 hours into
ride we were done, supervisor did not want to
go back to building, division manager was
in building you just can't make this stuff up.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I usually get an all day ride, start to finish. Its all good. He does remind me of some things Ive forgotten, but I do not like the distraction of asking me the memory stuff, while Im driving.
I know the stuff, but Ive never been good at remembering word for work. I had a real hard time in school and college with tests, Ive just never gotten better at it.

rod

Retired 22 years
I usually get an all day ride, start to finish. Its all good. He does remind me of some things Ive forgotten, but I do not like the distraction of asking me the memory stuff, while Im driving.
I know the stuff, but Ive never been good at remembering word for work. I had a real hard time in school and college with tests, Ive just never gotten better at it.

I always wondered why this was not considered a distraction but talking on a cell phone or fiddling with a DIAD while driving is? To me there was no difference.

ymelord

I always remind my sup that I was stupid when they hired me, and they knew it, and still hired me. Nothing has changed I'm still stupid, and can't remember anything word for word.

FOLLOWS THE METHODS

anyone ever heard of this ? I have always had 1-3 hr rides for 20 yrs . Today he was on truck for 5 hrs ! Wow ! I did great , but still hated him on the truck

wow i get a whole day ride every year and even on occasion i get the center manager instead of the ds to go with me. For the last idk maybe ten years atleast. They dont like my paid day and yet i just follow the methods. Been threatened to be fired idk atleast the last 7 years yet im still here. Why? Because i follow the methods. Luv the bs it takes to be a method driver =). 24 years down 12 to go whats next ........

satellitedriver

Sad thing is your on the way out and do not even know it :( I hate them BOTH !!!!!!! but I have to HAVE both ! Ups wants young folks for less per hr ! less everything , the American way !

Sad thing is that you have to have both and HAVE no way out.
Glad thing is that I could leave at anytime, of my own choosing
, but, I choose to stick around for my own selfish reasons.
My net worth is higher than those that supervisor me.
The American way is for the "young folks" to choose if they will work for a given wage.