5 of the 7 supplement passed 2 did not.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
so now what happens?

IBT sits down and re-negotiates the supplements that did not pass. Several other supplements have not even been negotiated yet (ie. Local 89's Air Rider). Along with the third round of ballots, IBT must also send a strike authorization ballot per the IBT constitution.

oldupsman

IBT sits down and re-negotiates the supplements that did not pass. Several other supplements have not even been negotiated yet (ie. Local 89's Air Rider). Along with the third round of ballots, IBT must also send a strike authorization ballot per the IBT constitution.

Not to mention 705 and 710. This thing could drag on for another year easily until the contract is truly ratified.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Going to be a nice Christmas bonus ... Christmas 2014.
​In the meantime, UPS gets to use your money interest free (not that interest rates are all that high).

InsideUPS

PiedmontSteward.....in regard to "IBT must also send a strike authorization ballot per the IBT constitution"; are these strike authorization ballots sent to all members or just those that turned down their supplements ?

oldupsman

Going to be a nice Christmas bonus ... Christmas 2014.
​In the meantime, UPS gets to use your money interest free (not that interest rates are all that high).

Right. Which is why UPS could care less how long this thing drags on. Plus the longer it goes on, the more it tears
the union apart. All they've got to do is keep it quiet.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
PiedmontSteward.....in regard to "IBT must also send a strike authorization ballot per the IBT constitution"; are these strike authorization ballots sent to all members or just those that turned down their supplements ?

You know the answer to that.
Why are you being aloof?

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Dont forget "WE" in the west havent voted on our supplements and riders yet. EXPECT another NO VOTE out here as well.

407 and Stink...

good luck filing out that strike ballot!

TOS.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
IBT sits down and re-negotiates the supplements that. did not pass. Several other supplements have not even been negotiated yet (ie. Local 89's Air Rider). Along with the third round of ballots, IBT must also send a strike authorization ballot per the IBT constitution.

It says it has to send them out. Not when they actually will. Way after Xmas. There will be no rush by either side. They know the members will want their raises. After Xmas corporate UPS will send down to cut areas. "Too punish the ungrateful". Hope all are keeping your hrs. Unless you expect UPS to be honest..........

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less

Ballots are only sent out to the members covered by the supplement. The clause I quote below kicks in after a supplement has been voted down a second time.. the language is pretty clear, in my opinion, by stating "shall" rather than "may":

In the event no new tentative agreement is reached, or if the members reject the new tentative agreement, the master committee shall conduct a separate strike authorization vote among the members covered by the special rider of supplement. The separate strike vote cannot be combined with the vote on any revised tentative agreement. If the affected members fail to authorize a strike utilizing the standards set forth in Section 1(b) of this Article, or refuse to strike if one is authorized by the affected members and is called by the master negotiating committee, the master negotiating committee shall have authority to accept the final offer or such additional provisions as can be negotiated. If the affected members authorize a strike, the master negotiating committee shall have authority to determine the time and manner in which such action shall be initiated.

Source: IBT Constitution, 2011.
http://www.teamster.org/sites/teamster.org/files/IBT-Constitution-2011.pdf, Art. XII, Sec. 2 (p 93-94)

Additionally, according to my reading of the IBT Constitution, the NMA cannot be re-opened. There might be a clause in there somewhere that can permit it, but -- to be frank -- I'm just not that familiar with the IBT's by-laws.

(b). If a majority of the votes cast by the involved membership approve such [National Master] agreement, it shall become binding and effective upon all Local Unions involved and their members. (.....) If any Local Union believes that a master agreement proposal will deprive its involved members of better existing conditions of general application to all such involved members of the Local Union, it may appeal to the General Executive Board, which must give an answer to the appeal before the contract approval votes are sent out to the involved members.

Source: IBT Constitution, 2011.
http://www.teamster.org/sites/teamster.org/files/IBT-Constitution-2011.pdf, Art. XII, Sec. 2 (p 91-92)

ocnewguy

Dont forget "WE" in the west havent voted on our supplements and riders yet. EXPECT another NO VOTE out here as well.

407 and Stink...

TOS.

we're probably going to have the best insurance in the country after the carve out. you're still going to vote no though right?

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
It says it has to send them out. Not when they actually will. Way after Xmas. There will be no rush by either side. They know the members will want their raises. After Xmas corporate UPS will send down to cut areas. "Too punish the ungrateful". Hope all are keeping your hrs. Unless you expect UPS to be honest..........
You can simply go back on UPSers and look at your past paychecks. If there is a discepencey, you got shorted more than .70. One should make sure your check is correct every week, not just when you're expecting back pay based in hours worked/bonus.

407 and Stink...

TOS.
A strike would break the union I bet. I can't see a majority of these members going out on the street over this stuff. A lock out could happen but a strike wouldn't be supported by the majority and most would probably cross the line. Just saying

IzzyTheNose

A strike would break the union I bet. I can't see a majority of these members going out on the street over this stuff. A lock out could happen but a strike wouldn't be supported by the majority and most would probably cross the line. Just saying

Don't see either happening. The company was able to profit in the billions while the building, housing and automotive sectors all saw massive losses in the recession. The company will not lock us out and risk a very likely massive loss in business and revenue. They have shareholders to account for. But I also don't see us striking.

It'll get worked out, but it's going to take awhile. However, I highly, HIGHLY doubt our supplement out West gets voted through.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Don't see. either happening. The company was able to profit in the billions while the building, housing and automotive sectors all saw massive losses in the recession. The company will not lock us out and risk a very likely massive loss in business and revenue. They have shareholders to account for. But I also don't see us striking.

It'll get worked out, but it's going to take awhile. However, I highly, HIGHLY doubt our supplement out West gets voted through.

Agree totally. Just a lot of wiggle room for either side to worry about it. For maybe a yr. By the time all supplements are agreed and mailed. Then voted. What are there 10 yet that need to be even voted on the 2nd time. Which I believe will be voted down. Right now it will be catch up for all the supplements to get to a 3rd vote.