5 of the 7 supplement passed 2 did not.

'Lord Brown's bidding'

May I ask:

Why are the western locals waiting for those back East to vote on their supplements? Seems to drag out what already is a long process. Not being critical, just curious.

brown_trousers

May I ask:

Why are the western locals waiting for those back East to vote on their supplements? Seems to drag out what already is a long process. Not being critical, just curious.

We're not waiting for you guys to vote... we are currently negotiating an alternative to the teamcare insurance. Most of the west is already on board with the new supplement, its just california that is holding out now

'Lord Brown's bidding'

How is it possible to negotiate an alternative to TeamCare? We have been told repeatedly that is out of the cards, and yet it is apparent something is being done. This is pertinent to my local as it is one of the last bastions of the "No" vote, apparently. Is it possible we will get a healthcare carve-out as well?

Personally, I would like to see some more feeder jobs come our way, and not just because I am on the verge of joining feeders; I think the promotions could ripple down through the ranks allowing others to step into PC. Another question: how does the FT combo guarantees work? They'll eliminate PT positions to do this, right? I had thought UPS was trying to go this route for a while now, reducing the PT ranks in favor of FT positions. I missed when they decided to reverse course, and have only been hearing about the strong fight for more FT jobs.

'Lord Brown's bidding'

Another question: when was the last time it took awhile for all the supplements to be voted through, thus leading to large retro-pay checks being sent out? After the strike of '97? I hired on Sept. 3rd 2002, and don't remember a retro-check; then again, I wouldn't have paid too much attention to it at that time, anyway.

brown_trousers

How is it possible to negotiate an alternative to TeamCare? We have been told repeatedly that is out of the cards, and yet it is apparent something is being done. This is pertinent to my local as it is one of the last bastions of the "No" vote, apparently. Is it possible we will get a healthcare carve-out as well?

Personally, I would like to see some more feeder jobs come our way, and not just because I am on the verge of joining feeders; I think the promotions could ripple down through the ranks allowing others to step into PC. Another question: how does the FT combo guarantees work? They'll eliminate PT positions to do this, right? I had thought UPS was trying to go this route for a while now, reducing the PT ranks in favor of FT positions. I missed when they decided to reverse course, and have only been hearing about the strong fight for more FT jobs.

Idk... our union bulletin board says the our west coast is "shopping" for different healthcare

RealPerson

A strike would break the union I bet. I can't see a majority of these members going out on the street over this stuff. A lock out could happen but a strike wouldn't be supported by the majority and most would probably cross the line. Just saying

Pay Dues and Cross the Line? Hummm

air1ups

The late Mr. Carey would have put the tough to the street to wake the big brown scum. Not to mention the 13,000 UPS freight workers not being included in the national master.....shame!

May I ask:

177 had a election last week. They now just started renegotiating. New ballots will be mailed in the beginning of November.

'Lord Brown's bidding'

177 had a election last week. They now just started renegotiating. New ballots will be mailed in the beginning of November.

So now that 623 has voted down their supplement a 2nd time, but is about to go through the election process for a new e-board, this will delay the negotiations in a similar way to what happened in 177?

How likely is it that a year could go by before the contract is finally ratified?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
So now that 623 has voted down their supplement a 2nd time, but is about to go through the election process for a new e-board, this will delay the negotiations in a similar way to what happened in 177?

How likely is it that a year could go by before the contract is finally ratified?
​almost a certainty.