5 year old boy killed by driver.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I posted in the other thread....Right after I read this on here, and before they mentioned it at the pcm, I told my manager..."UPS should make a public safety commercial. Last night I had 3 kids and 5 kittens under my truck, not a parent in sight, no one home with them" The hair on the back of my neck stood up, and I had goosebumps.
Went from zero to a hero, got a mug at the safety meeting....Looking out for kids.
Its like we are the parents, the only people who know how to drive, and the only people held accountable for anything.
Last night in the few seconds it took me to go in the back to make selection, I had 2 baby girls in my truck cab, not a soul around.

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
I heard the driver was not charged with an avoidable. The driver has not been back and most likely will retire.
The driver was not parked but driving through development and stopped vehicle when 2 kids were running towards the truck. 3rd kid who was running from kids was not seen by driver as the kid was coming from another angle and kid ducked under truck to hide from them. That is what I heard

Indecisi0n

I heard the driver was not charged with an avoidable. The driver has not been back and most likely will retire.
The driver was not parked but driving through development and stopped vehicle when 2 kids were running towards the truck. 3rd kid who was running from kids was not seen by driver as the kid was coming from another angle and kid ducked under truck to hide from them. That is what I heard
I'm sure he won't be charged because of the lawsuit to follow.

Savvy412

You know I was thinking about this the other day

lets just say you pull up to a stop and their are a bunch of kids playing Hockey. You get out the pC..deliver the stop, as you are walking back to your PC, you check under the car.

You get in your pc, as you are about to put your seatbelt on and turn the pc on, you get the green light of death. ( what were the 3 topics at the pcm) So you type that in..give a lil beep...keep it moving

*SMASH*

little kid dead..

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You know I was thinking about this the other day

lets just say you pull up to a stop and their are a bunch of kids playing Hockey. You get out the pC..deliver the stop, as you are walking back to your PC, you check under the car.

You get in your pc, as you are about to put your seatbelt on and turn the pc on, you get the green light of death. ( what were the 3 topics at the pcm) So you type that in..give a lil beep...keep it moving

*SMASH*

little kid dead..

Move forward until it is safe to pull over again before reaching for your DIAD.

Savvy412

Move forward until it is safe to pull over again before reaching for your DIAD.

ok

there are no kids around..as you are typing 2 kids walk out of their house..throw the ball..it falls behind your tire and hes under your wheel by the time you look up...

Im just saying, the look under your truck doesnt always happen.

jaker

trolling
I am lucky because I don't have a lot of kids playing outside so much

But When it happens especially in cull da sacs I will walk it off or turn around early to avoid the kids