5 years

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Kis124, Jan 2, 2013.

1. Kis124

Kis124 Member

Got my 5 year certificate today.
  2. Notretiredyet

Notretiredyet Active Member

Congrats, just remember this job isn't a sprint it's a marathon.
  3. jaker

jaker trolling

Happy for you

I been here for 12 and never got one at all ( I work off the grid )
  4. bottomups

bottomups Bad Moon Risen'

Sweet. For your prize you should get another week vacation.
  5. Kis124

Kis124 Member

I already get 2 Weeks vacation, 5 sick and 5 personal days. I can use them a vacation also
  6. rod

rod retired and happy

I'm curious----whats a 5 year certificate? I don't recall getting any "year" type certificates. We did get"safe driving" pins and a billfold for a years worth of accident free driving. I guess it boils down to them replacing an actual reward with a worthless piece of paper. I suppose you could make a paper airplane out of it. Anyway---congradulations.
  7. Kis124

Kis124 Member

Here is the certificate
  8. over9five

over9five Senior Member Staff Member

Are you going to hang it up in a place of prominence in your home?
  9. packageguy

packageguy Well-Known Member

​good for you, keep it up
  10. brett636

brett636 Well-Known Member

I remember when I got my 5 year certificate. It was right after I had passed my 6 year anniversary and my fulltime supervisor hands me this box with my name on it covered in dust and he says "Here, this was found for you" and he walks away. I never felt so special as a UPS employee as I did at that moment.
  11. Kis124

Kis124 Member

Lol maybe in the bathroom
  12. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

It is up to local management to give to the employee.

I imagine yours went into file 12.

Do much dumpster diving? :wink2:
  13. cachsux

cachsux Wah

I remember when management used to hand them to you after removing them from the box.
  14. JackStraw

JackStraw Active Member

Good Luck. Don't take the job too seriously. Like the notretired said it's a marathon.
  15. PT Stewie

PT Stewie "Big Fella"

They use to be a little stand up clear thick plastic or plexiglass plaques .I have a five and a ten waiting for 15 to arrive ,but my most cherished posession is a autugraph picture of the big guy (Hoffa) and meself standing in front of a package car. I will trade all three for another weeks vacation and a 16 oz. Wawa coffee with Irish cream LOL.
  16. stoni24

stoni24 New Member

The heck with the certificate. Congrats on being "vested". That's what matters!
  17. kingOFchester

kingOFchester Well-Known Member

No other way to get the day started. Might even throw some hazelnut in the wawa coffee
  18. anonymous4

anonymous4 Active Member

What the hell is a wawa?
  19. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

During your 5 years of employment here, do you feel a loyalty to the company? Asking this as the company has changed so much in the 13 I've been driving. I've gone from bleed brown to how much cash can I milk from this cow until I can get off the farm.
  20. Kis124

Kis124 Member

It's always been just a job to me. I work pre-load. I'm also one of the ones who started here later in life. Just a means for good benefits. I think if I and my Co-workers were treated better, I may have a different out look.