5 years

rod

Retired 22 years
I'm curious----whats a 5 year certificate? I don't recall getting any "year" type certificates. We did get"safe driving" pins and a billfold for a years worth of accident free driving. I guess it boils down to them replacing an actual reward with a worthless piece of paper. I suppose you could make a paper airplane out of it. Anyway---congradulations.

Kis124

Here is the certificate
PicsArt_1357156379671.jpg

brett636

I remember when I got my 5 year certificate. It was right after I had passed my 6 year anniversary and my fulltime supervisor hands me this box with my name on it covered in dust and he says "Here, this was found for you" and he walks away. I never felt so special as a UPS employee as I did at that moment.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I'm curious----whats a 5 year certificate? I don't recall getting any "year" type certificates. We did get"safe driving" pins and a billfold for a years worth of accident free driving. I guess it boils down to them replacing an actual reward with a worthless piece of paper. I suppose you could make a paper airplane out of it. Anyway---congradulations.

It is up to local management to give to the employee.

I imagine yours went into file 12.

Do much dumpster diving? :wink2:

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
They use to be a little stand up clear thick plastic or plexiglass plaques .I have a five and a ten waiting for 15 to arrive ,but my most cherished posession is a autugraph picture of the big guy (Hoffa) and meself standing in front of a package car. I will trade all three for another weeks vacation and a 16 oz. Wawa coffee with Irish cream LOL.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
During your 5 years of employment here, do you feel a loyalty to the company? Asking this as the company has changed so much in the 13 I've been driving. I've gone from bleed brown to how much cash can I milk from this cow until I can get off the farm.

Kis124

It's always been just a job to me. I work pre-load. I'm also one of the ones who started here later in life. Just a means for good benefits. I think if I and my Co-workers were treated better, I may have a different out look.