5 years

kingOFchester

Take a 7/11, sterilize it, fumigate it, add a made to order sandwich counter and you got a Wawa. Probably can't go more then 5 miles in some area's of PA without hitting a Wawa. Always packed, always good.

Privately owned and if ever it goes public, I am backing up the truck and loading up on the stock.

wawa.jpg

wawa2a.jpg
wawa.jpg
wawa2a.jpg

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Im still waiting for my 25 yrs of service, my 16, 17 yr of safe driving. They sit in an office collecting dust bunnies, while they preach safety, daily. How about we go back to recognizing it, just a thought.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Take a 7/11, sterilize it, fumigate it, add a made to order sandwich counter and you got a Wawa. Probably can't go more then 5 miles in some area's of PA without hitting a Wawa. Always packed, always good.

No Wawa's here, but we do have Sheetz, which may just be better!

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Funny story. The wife and I stopped at a Sheetz in Maryland coming home from Florida a couple years ago to get gas. They had 30-packs of Busch for less than half what the distributors were selling them for here. Never realized how much one could stuff into a Forester!

Johney

I would like to see it restored but only for the milestone years (5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30).
That would be nice, but I was always pissed that when I got 15 years safe driving I couldn't pick from the 10-14 year stuff as it got better after I made 15 years.:sad-little:
Not even sure what I have now as far as safe driving. No accidents but also no recognition.

rod

Retired 22 years
It is up to local management to give to the employee.

I imagine yours went into file 12.

Do much dumpster diving? :wink2:

As a matter of fact I had been known to do some dumpster diving at UPS. Its amazing what management will throw away if they have an audit coming up. I still to this day have a couple of nice floor brooms, a 3 foot squeege, 2 car wash brushes and a 100 feet of good rubber hose, 2 filling cabinets I use to store tools and a 2-wheeler all of which I rescued from the UPS dumpster. I used to park my pickup next to the dumpster just so I could take a quick peek in it at the end if the day to see what treasures I could find. I have to admit though if I had come across a piece of paper that said "5 year certificate" I would have passed on it.

Some of my best finds came when our mechanic was ordered to clean out his shop area.

I'm curious----whats a 5 year certificate? I don't recall getting any "year" type certificates. We did get"safe driving" pins and a billfold for a years worth of accident free driving. I guess it boils down to them replacing an actual reward with a worthless piece of paper. I suppose you could make a paper airplane out of it. Anyway---congradulations.
Five years closer to :censored2: knees and a bad back.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
A few months ago , one morning I found my 35 yr box at my work station.
Another worker who was visiting my old building brought it back with him .
Seems mgt never bothered to sent it over.
Just like when I got my 30 yrs box , they both showed up a full year late .
{ I like the 30 yr pin, it's better }.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Its a matter of importance. They want to yak about accidents in the district but do not want to recognize the achievements in the center. I know how many years I have, that will be 18 feb 11, and the one I had on feb 11th umpteen years ago, was not my fault. I never realized it was on my record. And by the time I did I realized it didnt matter. Somebody hit me while I was turning left, she said it was her fault, no phones, no diad messaging then, no police came. Snowstorm on Lake Erie. ON THE LAKE. So without that I would have 20, 19 who knows.

kumet

and shoulders. bad shoulders. always grab a package off a shelf with your palms vertical not horizontal .remember thumbs up. learned that in physical therapy . learned that way too late.