50 million retro

airbusfxr

As of today UPSCO, has reached the 50 million dollars
owed in retro using the 3% rule, not counting overtime. The formula takes into account all straight time hours times 3% times 5 years. The average AMT is owed 45k, at this point in the stalled contractual talks.

Pacman

airbusfxr, Retro pay is not a guarantee in your amendable contract, but rather subject to negotiation. The AMT's are owed nothing from a stand point of back pay even though said back pay has been part of the prior renewals.

airbusfxr

No raise since November of 2005 and we have provided on time, safe, and thousands of flights within UPSCO/FAA regulations. We are only asking for a fair contract for the valuable service we are providing.

airbusfxr

No raise since November of 2005 and we have provided on time, safe, and thousands of flights within UPSCO/FAA regulations. We are only asking for a fair contract for the valuable service we are providing.
We have laid off 10% of the workers, we have 10% on disability and still producing 100%. Are we being unreasonable? I think not.

oreana123

Gosh, and management offered me $2000 to sign their idea of a contract.

By the way, that first offer was not only insulting, but it did not take into consideration retro recompensation for the many extra hours of work I do besides my set schedual. (The offer was cut down by half for part time AMTs). UPS management continues to discriminate against part time AMTs. The only fair retro will be for the hours worked, period.

While 45k seems like a lot of money, it is not the highest retro paid. IPA group has a hold on that record.

Pacman

airbusfxr,
You make a good case for AMT's being overstaffed. Twenty percent of the workforce laid off or on disability and still producing 100%! Hope you are not using that logic to get your brothers back to work.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

airbusfxr,
You make a good case for AMT's being overstaffed. Twenty percent of the workforce laid off or on disability and still producing 100%! Hope you are not using that logic to get your brothers back to work.

I think he was implying that they were going "above and beyond".

airbusfxr

What it means is that dmi's and MEL's are at an all time high, schelduled maintenance backlogged, gwc cannot get caught up and subcontracting over contractual guidelines. UPS has sued over arbitrator's ruling on this issue in federal court. Peak is coming up, remember last peak? Lots of delays, OOS, etc, etc.

oreana123

UPS's dividend has more than doubled since February 2003. The company has either increased or maintained its dividend every year for more than four decades