$500 Union Initiation Fee

$500 10 years ago. Keep in mind, once it is paid which took almost 6 months you will still see a deduction which is to pay the union dues you did not pay for those 6 months. At least in my area.
Im aware of the monthly Union dues yes, but the initiation fee is my main concern.

box_beeyotch

Wow. It's 100 here and it does stop once the full amount has been collected, but keep an eye on it and make sure to keep the union involved in your affairs. Grab a contract book and read up!!

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
By "not" stopping, you mean?
They do not take out the full amount at once. They may take $25 every check.

So by "not" stopping, means that once they got the $100, over 4 paychecks, they keep taking $25 every check.

So make sure the deductions stop once the full initiation fee is paid.

They do not take out the full amount at once. They may take $25 every check.

So by "not" stopping, means that once they got the $100, over 4 paychecks, they keep taking $25 every check.

So make sure the deductions stop once the full initiation fee is paid.
My initiation fee is $500

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
My initiation fee is $500
So what are they taking out each week? $50.

That would mean your initiation fee will be paid for in 10 weeks.

After the 10 weeks, just make sure they are not still withholding that $50.

By "not" stopping, you mean?

By "not" stopping, means that they continue to withhold or deduct that $50 per week even though your initiation fee is paid and the deductions should have been stopped.

working up a sweat

Joined in 1997. It was 400 for PT. UPS gave me a 100 bonus for lasting 6 months.

Turnover then was high.

Today in my local the newbies pay 400 for PT. You make the 6 months and go to the Sunday morning monthly union meeting. The local gives you a 100 bonus for getting into the union. They swear you in. You only get the bonus if you show up for the meeting.

MassWineGuy

I also was paying into a $500 initiation fee for the local in Lynnfield, MA. Obscene, blatant thievery by the local. And people wonder why some folks dislike unions.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Does the union still give out withdrawal cards ?
In case you want to rejoin the union in the future without repaying the initiation fee .