$550 +commission?

GROUNDIsAHugeSCAM

bbsam is becoming more human. Volunteer work is good for the soul. You seem like a decent guy, and I worried that being immersed in the Ground corporate culture would eat away at you. You seem able to deflect it and justify it all somehow, but it eats away at even the strongest person. Eventually the abyss stares back at you. Volunteer work is a good way to remove the corporate toxins from your blood. I'd say Bravo Zulu to you, but that would be more insulting than complimentary.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Volunteering is a "get to", not a "got to".

Maybe you should go on IamFedEx.com and whore yourself out. They are always looking to take the credit when employees volunteer. Oops, you're a vendor. Oh, maybe they'll allow it. You know, slap a t-shirt on you that says "FedEx Cares" and then have you get into a group hug and shout "FEDEX CARES!!! Then, they'll terminate your contract.

bbsam

Staff member
Maybe you should go on IamFedEx.com and whore yourself out. They are always looking to take the credit when employees volunteer. Oops, you're a vendor. Oh, maybe they'll allow it. You know, slap a t-shirt on you that says "FedEx Cares" and then have you get into a group hug and shout "FEDEX CARES!!! Then, they'll terminate your contract.
What do you get for whoring yourself out to Hoffa and his Teamster brethren?

purplesky

I am considering taking a petition wit a contractor. They are offering $550 + commission. But I'm not sure what the commission amount is. Anyone have any opinions?

how is it working for contractors? Can on expect to make $650-$70 a wee if you bust your hump?

​thanks

This past week I ran into a guy at a pickup that use to drive for UPS about 10 years ago making $23.05hr.(HE GOT FIRED FROM UPS). He now works for FDX ground and makes $500week and his bonus is $4.00 for every 200 extra pieces he picks up. Thats a joke.
HE HATES FDX GROUND AND IS STUCK IN A DEAD END JOB! DO NOT DO IT.

YOU WILL HAVE NO FUTURE AT FDX GROUND. YOUR KNEES AND BACK ARE WORTH MORE THAN $13.75hr. You will never make more than 30k per year at FDX ground. just run away.

Cheeseman

So to think 650-700 a week is a stretch? I tried to get them to go over hours, and commission an they said they do that after all the paper work.

be nice to know what it pays before wasting my time with all the hoops only to fun out its 10c a package. That will not be worth it

GROUNDIsAHugeSCAM

Bro, I told you the contractors blow smoke. 700 is not a stretch in California. In my area, and in other low cost of living areas, you're looking at 500-650 max. Talk to the drivers to find out the actual hours. My guess is, it's as close to the 60 hour DOT limit as possible. Find out if you have to load your own trucks as well. Also, find out about pickups. That's a large part of your day. You may finish early and have to wait around for hours for late afternoon PUPS. Lots of variables. Ask the drivers. The "paperwork" is probably just tax forms. They are blowing smoke up your backside. Why wouldn't they answer your question on hours per week? Because you wouldn't like the answer.

HomeDelivery

My guess is, it's as close to the 60 hour DOT limit as possible. Find out if you have to load your own trucks as well.

with fedex, it's a 70 hour limit...

Also, find out about pickups. That's a large part of your day. You may finish early and have to wait around for hours for late afternoon PUPS. Lots of variables. Ask the drivers. The "paperwork" is probably just tax forms. They are blowing smoke up your backside. Why wouldn't they answer your question on hours per week? Because you wouldn't like the answer.

the OP didn't say if he's w/ ground or HD... at HD, we have rare pickups with the time window of 8AM to 8PM

as peak season is coming, you will be on the road up to the 14 hour daily limit on a few days (depending on which opco/service area/ etc...) don't be out there too late or your next day will be after 10 hours upon your off duty time (DOT rules). Or you can start falsifying them & be more productive:surprised:

HomeDelivery

what region of the continental us?

so, like i said, HD is the easiest of all the opcos... do a search for home delivery

or refer to my post #13 on the second page

start that way (through the temp agency) & see how many stops per hour you can successfully deliver. with that contractor, it doesn't seem he'll be paying you to load/sort your parcels in the mornings since you're being paid a salary day of $110... how many stops would that be?

Cheeseman

I'm i Midwest.

He he won't give me any information. He wants me to pay for my drug test. Then he wants to verify my driving. I want tools some info on pay before paying $75 for a drug test and him contacting my current employer

MAKAVELI

I'm i Midwest.

He he won't give me any information. He wants me to pay for my drug test. Then he wants to verify my driving. I want tools some info on pay before paying $75 for a drug test and him contacting my current employer
They want you to pay for a drug test ? That is ared flag right there.

CJinx

It isn't a red flag in and of itself; some employers out there do require their prospective employees to cover the cost of the drug screen although it is customary to reimburse them for it if they pass and accept a job offer. Couple the cost of the drug screening with the fact that he will not divulge any information about his business and the job before the prospect invests in the opportunity seems shady to me.

STFXG

Run from this guy. It will only lead to bad things. Even the fact that he is paying a "commission" shows he doesn't know what he is doing.

ImWaitingForTheDay

Annoy a conservative....Think for yourself
It isn't a red flag in and of itself; some employers out there do require their prospective employees to cover the cost of the drug screen although it is customary to reimburse them for it if they pass and accept a job offer. Couple the cost of the drug screening with the fact that he will not divulge any information about his business and the job before the prospect invests in the opportunity seems shady to me.
Shady is to kind in the description of the Ground/Home contractor,SCUM is a better term..Liar is also appropriate..Just remember get it in writing!!!

MAKAVELI

I worked a lot of different jobs in my life and not one that I had to pay for a drug test including FedEx Express. I have never even heard of somebody having to pay for it.

Cheeseman

I'm running! Lol. But I will keep my eyes open. Had I not found fissure and others alike. I would have quit a decent job. I am looking for a position with consistent hours and some one time

i deliver now OTR. It is 2-3 days out a week. They give me a $150 per diem per day for hotel and food. But I want to sleep in m own bed at night and work consistently 5-6 days a week