5th Union Petition Filed at Fedex Freight

chrisgumm

We are pleased to announce that a fifth location has petitioned the NLRB for an election. Congratulations to Richmond VA (RCH) in joining the campaign with Cinnaminson, East Philadelphia, South Brunswick and Newark. Richmond is the first Hub to petition as well as the first terminal outside the northeast to join in our effort in 'Bringing the Teamsters to FedEx Freight'.

See facebook - FXFEteamsters portal

No surprise -FedEx has hired high dollar union busting lawyers to bust the Freight campaigns!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
We are pleased to announce that a fifth location has petitioned the NLRB for an election. Congratulations to Richmond VA (RCH) in joining the campaign with Cinnaminson, East Philadelphia, South Brunswick and Newark. Richmond is the first Hub to petition as well as the first terminal outside the northeast to join in our effort in 'Bringing the Teamsters to FedEx Freight'.

See facebook - FXFEteamsters portal

No surprise -FedEx has hired high dollar union busting lawyers to bust the Freight campaigns!

Eventually, FedEx Freight will be unionized...Fred can't fight the tidal wave that is rising against him. Let me know when the Barbecue Squad arrives to tell you how wonderful FedEx is. Tell them to shove their hot dogs straight up their asses.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
MFE, what have you done to help organize the freight terminal near you??

You'd be surprised what I do. My main thing is talking about the benefits of being in a union when I see Freight people at docks etc. UPS drivers also need to "sell" the union.

barnyard

KTM rider
What you done to promote the union outside of UPS Barnyard?

When I was PT, I worked a campaign to unionize a regional delivery service. I spoke to their drivers, on my own time, answered their questions and sincerely tried to help unionize their facility. In the end, the owner of the company gave everyone a 25 cent an hour raise and told them if they voted to unionize, he would shut the company down.

I have also written letters to the editor of our local paper and sent hand written letters to the leaders of campaigns. I have also gone door knocking for union endorsed political candidates. When I do that, it is solely in support of the union and hoping to talk to people about the benefits of working for a unionized employer.

I go out of my way, when I am off the clock, to speak to others that work in industries that have been represented in the past and are not now. I have a good idea of how much it costs a local to run an organization campaign.

During 1 campaign, 2 employees were fired from the regional. The union hired attorneys to fight the firings and 3 years later, the courts agreed and reinstated them, with back pay. Even though they received back pay, that did not cover their costs while they were not working. Those 2 paid a hell of a price for an effort that was voted down by their peers.

In my community it is very, very easy to compare union vs non union, as I can compare my wage and benefit package to that of FE, FE Ground and a regional delivery service that pays about 1/2 what I am paid.

From what MFE posts, he/she talks a lot, as long as it is on company time, but does very little when the rubber actually meets the road.

barnyard

KTM rider
Eventually, the FE freight terminal near me will have an organizing campaign. When it does, I will take time off, attend informational meetings and will help to answer questions that they may have from a person that works in an organized facility that will hopefully help them more than answers from a union organizer.

Organizing is expensive.

overflowed

So if these freight terminals are successful in organizing my intuition tells me that soon all will. The aircraft mechanics are trying to do the same. What will happen then? Will Express couriers finally have the balls to do the same? What say you?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
So if these freight terminals are successful in organizing my intuition tells me that soon all will. The aircraft mechanics are trying to do the same. What will happen then? Will Express couriers finally have the balls to do the same? What say you?

Freight is NLRA, mechanics are a small, more easily organized workgroup than couriers. It is less about having balls, than being up against the RLA, and Teamster leadership that isn't interested in working with us.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Freight is NLRA, mechanics are a small, more easily organized workgroup than couriers. It is less about having balls, than being up against the RLA, and Teamster leadership that isn't interested in working with us.
Excellent points. You can have all the balls you want but with the RLA roadblock all you're gonna get is a target on your back. Couple that with no legal protection from The Teamsters it becomes quicksand real fast.

Cactus

That is complete BS. The Teamsters tried it FEE drivers rejected it.
No THAT'S complete BS. The Teamsters tried it with FedEx Express in the 90's. It looked somewhat promising until Fred got his precious RLA "Special Deal" and then The Teamsters ran.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
That is complete BS. The Teamsters tried it FEE drivers rejected it.

So sorry, but you are incorrect. The IBT won't even take phone calls from Express employees. The IBT organizing campaign in 1996-97 was weak, and when the FAA Reauthorization Act didn't go their way...they bailed big time. I know because I was working with them. They just ran away and left folks like me holding a flaming bag of :censored2:.

A lot has changed since then, but the Teamsters don't seem to understand that.

CJinx

I imagine they're not taking your phone calls because they don't think it's worth the effort. As the law stands, it would take a nationwide effort just to get the opportunity to vote; and even then, they don't want to lose.

So... Show them that you are worth it. Quit your job. Sell your home. Travel across the country talking to your former co-workers. Convince others to do the same. Show the unions that you and yours are willing to risk it all and maybe they'll be willing put some risk on the table too.

You don't expect them to do all the work and take all the risk for you, do you?

Cactus

I imagine they're not taking your phone calls because they don't think it's worth the effort. As the law stands, it would take a nationwide effort just to get the opportunity to vote; and even then, they don't want to lose.

So... Show them that you are worth it. Quit your job. Sell your home. Travel across the country talking to your former co-workers. Convince others to do the same. Show the unions that you and yours are willing to risk it all and maybe they'll be willing put some risk on the table too.

You don't expect them to do all the work and take all the risk for you, do you?
RONTFLMAO

Do you wanna pay his wages while he does this?

The Teamsters are a lot less ambitious than what you're giving them credit for. Hoffa Jr. is a joke and is probably in Smith's pocket too.