6% raise

DRAisawesome

So if someone has been with the company and is at the bottom. Do they get 6% or 3%?

Also next year say I'm a ten year employee. To automatically go to top of range or where do I go? What pay level? This of course is because of the 10 yr pay scale

SmithBarney

If you still have the same wage as a starting person(hired since last raise) you will only get 3%
if you have 10years in expect about 6 more to top out.(there is a chart floating around here somewhere)

So lets say you make A, and after this next raise you now make B, if B falls into step 4(of the 10step progression) you will have 6 steps left.

Keep in mind fedex didn't say(that I can find) that its a 10year program it's a 10step program, who knows how big those steps are...

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
If you still have the same wage as a starting person(hired since last raise) you will only get 3%
if you have 10years in expect about 6 more to top out.(there is a chart floating around here somewhere)

So lets say you make A, and after this next raise you now make B, if B falls into step 4(of the 10step progression) you will have 6 steps left.

Keep in mind fedex didn't say(that I can find) that its a 10year program it's a 10step program, who knows how big those steps are...

Whatever you get, you'll be losing it through takeaways. so this whole deal is pointless. I highly doubt that 10% of current employees will be here in 10 years. Fred wants you to be here 1-3 years...and gone.

overflowed

Whatever you get, you'll be losing it through takeaways. so this whole deal is pointless. I highly doubt that 10% of current employees will be here in 10 years. Fred wants you to be here 1-3 years...and gone.
If that's the plan I will agree this has been accomplished. Lay in the bed you make.

vantexan

Someone said on other thread that if you are at starting pay but have been with company more than a year you get 6% per his sr.mgr.

MAKAVELI

Someone said on other thread that if you are at starting pay but have been with company more than a year you get 6% per his sr.mgr.
The problem is nobody knows for sure what they are getting. A lot of mis information is being thrown out there by management to try and slow down turnover. If you haven't seen in writing what your raise will be, I would be skeptical.

vantexan

The problem is nobody knows for sure what they are getting. A lot of mis information is being thrown out there by management to try and slow down turnover. If you haven't seen in writing what your raise will be, I would be skeptical.
Waiting for an offer letter, will be dropping from A to B payscale, $1.11hr less. Sure hope I get 6%, will make up most of what I'm losing.

NonyaBiznes

Yanked Out My Purple-Blood I.V. In 2000!
I had to clue in, a few 6% folk. If topped off folk are getting 3%, you're getting the same ... 3%. They need to continue giving topped out folk, a raise each year, to stop us from bailing too soon.
Unless they give you ar least 20 to 25% each year, it will take forever to top out.
ex: say I make $28 ... you make $20
3% for me is 84 cents ... 6% for you is $1.20
So you are only gaining 36 cents.
We have a meeting tomorrow; I'll pass. Don't need the stress, before going on the road.

vantexan

I had to clue in, a few 6% folk. If topped off folk are getting 3%, you're getting the same ... 3%. They need to continue giving topped out folk, a raise each year, to stop us from bailing too soon.
Unless they give you ar least 20 to 25% each year, it will take forever to top out.
ex: say I make $28 ... you make $20
3% for me is 84 cents ... 6% for you is $1.20
So you are only gaining 36 cents.
We have a meeting tomorrow; I'll pass. Don't need the stress, before going on the road.
Might not be gaining that much on topped out couriers but I'd gladly take a $1.20 bump. Especially since at starting pay on lowest payscale I'll be getting I believe 90 cents, assuming they give me 6% for being here over a year.

vantexan

True, but we're only about 7 weeks from finding out. As much as we all want to believe they'll back out of the ten step plan, they'd be incredibly stupid to tell us then not follow through.

vantexan

Are you new? Is it your first week or something?
Next year makes 30 years since first hired. I know what you're saying, but I've never seen them literally bribe couriers to stay through Peak like last year. If they reneg on this 10 step plan in it's first year or two there will be a mass exodus. Since you aren't Express I'll let your ignorance of the situation slide. :villagewrong:

fdxsux

You sound like you're new. Remember when they told you you could keep your traditional pension if you wanted to and then two years later they took it away? It may be stupid but that doesn't mean they won't do it. They won't come right out and say they've just changed their mind. They'll blame it on the economy or say the feds have come out with some new accounting regulations that they can't possibly abide by. Or this or that or the other.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Are you new? Is it your first week or something?

Correct. Anyone who has been here for awhile knows how Express operates. That means that your 3% or 6% is irrelevant, because you will lose at least that much in the coming year. Fred has been spending big on airplanes and TNT, and he will pay the pilots more in the next contract, so where does that leave us? On the shad end of the stick...as usual.

All of the above are prime excuse fodder, and even if they don't renege, your net gain will be the same...zero.

This is too little, too late anyways. The company has completely lost the trust of most employees, and those left aren't going to put up with the working conditions even if pay appears to be higher. They lie, then lie some more, and then pile lies on top of the existing pile. I wouldn't trust Fred S on anything, and neither will most employees these days.

van still thinks he'll come out ahead, which is fine. They'll get it back from him, and everyone else. We left the building just before 10 today, and they were still playing the usual games. "Take your lunch now", and management called many couriers to try and convince them to start late.

There has been no meaningful change.

SmithBarney

If you've been with the company over a year(and less than 2), then you should be higher than starting pay correct? because you should have received a raise last year no?

El Morado Diablo

We left the building just before 10 today, and they were still playing the usual games. "Take your lunch now", and management called many couriers to try and convince them to start late.

There has been no meaningful change.

We are under the yearly "1 Hr lunch" mandate now to reduce overtime. Every time someone comes back to the reload and has to go back out for deliveries the manager asks, "Why didn't you call me to get permission for a short break?" The standard response is we aren't going to beg for short breaks or take our breaks outside of a normal lunchtime. If we have lates and the overtime hours go up it's on management. It's absolutely ridiculous to hear our DM is looking at the gap reports of everyone who takes a short break to see if they are hitting goal. Since when is it a good idea/use of time for someone that high up the management chain in any company to worry about what a few individual hourly employees are doing on a daily basis?

If you hit your goals more often than not management shouldn't care if you take a 30 minute break or an hour break.