60,000 Packages

vantexan

Mgr mentioned this morning that Amazon didn't ship for Saturday delivery the last two Saturdays. Said they average about 60,000 pkgs every Saturday. Said he didn't know the reason why but I'm betting either Sales convinced them to use Ground for weekday delivery or UPS is delivering them.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
We were told yesterday that Amazon won't be using us for Sat. shipments for the next 4 weeks and we're gonna run a smaller group b/c of this.

We have been taking out all Sat. pkgs. (whether Amzon or, not) on Fri. Talk about giving away the premium service, all those 2day pkgs. turned into overnight.

vantexan

We were told yesterday that Amazon won't be using us for Sat. shipments for the next 4 weeks and we're gonna run a smaller group b/c of this.We have been taking out all Sat. pkgs. (whether Amzon or, not) on Fri. Talk about giving away the premium service, all those 2day pkgs. turned into overnight.
I tried to leave a Saturday pkg at bldg on Friday a couple of months ago. Mgr insisted I take it out. And it was in my Saturday delivery area anyways. I wonder if Amazon will go Ground for all P-2?

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
I del'd an amazon box this AM that had SAT stickers all over it.
Funny thing is, it went to a box holder at a "UPS Store". Ha ha ha.

vantexan

And here at my station, I don't know and I don't care because I don't work Saturdays...lol

Sure, but it points towards the serious reduction in Express volume that's happening right under our noses. There isn't a "G-Day", there won't be Express freight trucked over to Ground facilities. There will just be alot less Express volume as major shippers find that Ground can do most of what they need for less. So much for inside contacts and secret documents...

Myort

They send alot 2-day. Amazon has some kind of special membership frequent buyers can join for a fee that gives them free 2-day shipping.

whenIgetthere

I had three Amazon P2 today, usually have 10 or so split 50/50 P1/P2, sometimes upwards of 20. The prescriptions and auto parts more than made up for the loss of amazon, today anyway!

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.

vantexan

What do you mean by that?

Just that there won't be some explosive news where Ground takes over delivering our P-2 that we pick up. It's happening right now, and they are completely handling large shippers and most likely there will be many more shippers using them instead. However it's been claimed there are internal documents that point to a dramatic changeover. Either way we're probably screwed.

bumped

I know on Tuesday of this past week the Fed-Ex ground guy be me was saying it was really heavy that day. It may come from those "lost" saturday deliveries.

Mom

Tuesdays are always bat***** in our terminal. We don't get an explanation as to why, but since peak that has been our highest volume day by far.