6000 posts

tieguy

Banned
Geez a surprise birthday party. Thanks I think.

To those who question my hours my operation runs 24/7. That means sometimes I work nights , occasionally i get some days in. Sometimes its saturdays and sometime its sundays. Sometimes i end up working a split shift to cover different issues going on. It is what it is and I generally ennjoy most days. I have a terrific group of drivers and management working with me that make my journey that much easier.

Thanks for the thread and the recognition. you guys are too much.:happy-very:

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Griff

My wife works a salaried position. She is on call 24/7. Her "wage" (which is close to $30 an hour) is based on an 8 hour day. Usually she works 60 plus hours a week. So that is more than 20 hours a week that she works without pay.

So if she takes a "half day off" during the afternoon to take care of personal business, she more than makes up for it with the phone calls at 1-3-5-7 AM many nights, or the many days she gets to work at 6AM and leaves at 9PM.

Your posts shows the very limited exposure you have to real life issues. Before you can change the world, you must understand it first.

d

If he's browsing the internet and making posts on company time, he is stealing time. His defense to this issue, since I've brought it up before, is that he's a salaried employee and therefore he cannot steal time. I find this logic offensive and downright idiotic considering I've been accused of stealing time for going to the bathroom.
By this logic Griff, anytime a management person is not working at something dealing with UPS they are stealing time. Even Tie gets to go home every once in a while.

brownIEman

Please explain to me how someone gains full discretion over their time spent during business hours simply because they have a fixed salary.

I would be happy to. They do not. No one has "full discretion" over their time spent during business hours, and if tieguy were to spend his entire business day browsing the internet, he would likely be fired. No steward to back him up, no union to get his job back, just fired. However, if during the course of a 12 or 13 hour shift he takes a couple 15 minute breaks ( or even six 5 minute breaks) to post information related to UPS on a forum, I see no reason to hassle him. Like I would see no reason for your center manager to hassle you about how you spend your breaks. I see no reason why someone posting over the course of 8 years would need "full discretion" over their business time to reach 6000 posts.

brownIEman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griff
If he's browsing the internet and making posts on company time, he is stealing time. His defense to this issue, since I've brought it up before, is that he's a salaried employee and therefore he cannot steal time. I find this logic offensive and downright idiotic considering I've been accused of stealing time for going to the bathroom.

By this logic Griff, anytime a management person is not working at something dealing with UPS they are stealing time. Even Tie gets to go home every once in a while.

This logic does bring on a bit of a conundrum. Last week I started perusing this site, and I will admit, I did spend some time while at the office reading this site. Here is my dilemma. Last week I was on vacation and came into the office to complete work on an audit. So, when I was in the office reading this site, was I stealing from the company? But the company time I was stealing was actually my time I was stealing from myself to give to the company. So if I am stealing time from myself, donating it to the company, then stealing some of it back, am I still stealing?

somehow I am thinking Griff doesn't get it...

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Depends, if he gets it on with some poor schmuck, it might be much sooner.

Then again, its been quite a while since he and I had a heated discussion.

d

tieguy

Banned
There is another side to this discussion. Management has actually been encouraged to read sites like the brown cafe to stay informed.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
I heard that for 7000 posts, Tie is going to charter a cruise ship for a 7 day carribean run. He has his company card at the ready. Each UPSer can invite their significant other to go as well. But no kids. On board meals are paid, alcohol is on your own.

Way to go Tie!!!! Thats a really cool way to bridge the gap between hourly and management here on BC!!!

d