651 question

this year local 651 decided not to extend peak season. probably because of all the trouble passing the master agreement. take for instance this hypothetical situation: i sign up and start working as a seasonal driver during peak. and work all through peak.after december 31st (remember peak wasnt exended) i continue working a few more days. does that mean i acquired my full time seniority date?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
this year local 651 decided not to extend peak season. probably because of all the trouble passing the master agreement. take for instance this hypothetical situation: i sign up and start working as a seasonal driver during peak. and work all through peak.after december 31st (remember peak wasnt exended) i continue working a few more days. does that mean i acquired my full time seniority date?
Are you in the Central Region?

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
No, but the days do count towards seniority. You have to work 30 days in a 90 day period. All days in November and December do not count towards the 30. Any time you worked prior to November and after December do count and you act as if those two months do not exist when counting the 90

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Never mind, I see you are from the Central.
You do not acquire seniority under these circumstances.
Check the seasonal language in Art 1 of the Central Region Supplement?
I think you're confusing that language with that of the vacation replacement language.