68 -19 = 49

Shiftless

It was 19 years ago today I retired at 49 years of age.

Now I'm 68.

I gotta tell you it has gone bye fast! Just having a blast in retirement. Today my Family took me out for a quick 9 holes and Pizza!

In retrospect? It was worth very minute being a Teamster/UPS Driver!

Still reaping dividends for 30 years of service! So it is 19+ and counting!

AMAZING!

Hope everyone reading this can share MANY good retirement years as I have so far!

Ya, I know some of you guys got me beat, but I'm chasing you till the end!

Red Headed Stranger

Now I'm 68.

I gotta tell you it has gone bye fast! Just having a blast in retirement. Today my Family took me out for a quick 9 holes and Pizza!

AMAZING!

Hope everyone reading this can share MANY good retirement years as I have so far!

Congratulations! A long and healthy retirement is the best revenge.

ski or die

Ski or Die
I started at 19 also and retired at 49 years old. Never regretted it. I feel it has added years to my life by not dealing with the physical and emotional stress. It gave me more time to enjoy my family and spend time with grandchildren while still young enough. Just need 4 more years to get my 30 years of life back. Enjoy it Shiftless, best move you could make.

rod

Retired 22 years
I started at 19 also and retired at 49 years old. Never regretted it. I feel it has added years to my life by not dealing with the physical and emotional stress. It gave me more time to enjoy my family and spend time with grandchildren while still young enough. Just need 4 more years to get my 30 years of life back. Enjoy it Shiftless, best move you could make.
When did you go full time? I assume you were part time at 19.

ski or die

Ski or Die
When did you go full time? I assume you were part time at 19.
Was back in 1968. Hub was full time. By seniority it took about one year to move to the option of delivery or union clerical work. Our hub didn't go part time until a later date.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge

Now I'm 68.

AMAZING!

@IVE GOTTA PACKAGE 4U will kick you

rod

Retired 22 years
Was back in 1968. Hub was full time. By seniority it took about one year to move to the option of delivery or union clerical work. Our hub didn't go part time until a later date.
I didn't even think UPS hired 19 year olds in 1968 because of their possibly being drafted. They told me in 1971 Nobody was hired who hadn't fulfilled their military obligations.

Shiftless

Interesting? Until abut 30 plus years ago, I never knew this, I found out my Brother after High School while going to a local community college after graduating HS in 67 came in and applied at UPS, but wasn't offered a job. His draft number was pretty low so he joined the Navy a few months later! Maybe he was on the "NO HIRE" list? Say's he never heard back??? Go Figure!

I did the same thing, same Jr. college, same UPS building, but they had stopped the draft lottery. Fools HIRED ME!

The last draft call was on December 7, 1972, and the authority to induct expired on June 30, 1973. The date of the last drawing for the lottery was on March 12, 1975.