-7 in Anchorage...operations affected?

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
This past week, we had overnight lows in the -25 range and daytime highs in the -10 range.

It wasn't too bad.

I normally wear 200g thinsulate boots, bought a pair of 1000 gr on Sunday (they did not arrive till Wednesday, though.) I wore some of the new style base layer stuff, browns, motorcycle overpants (Firstgear), a non UPS knit top overy my UPS shirt, then, my vest and jacket. On my head, I had a knit hat and one of those balaclava things that turns into a hood.

I was very comfortable doing resis and kept the door open all day (not while traveling to and from the route). While I was doing businesses, I was over-dressed and took off the overpants and alternated between the liner jacket and the lighter raincoat. Refrigiwear gloves worked perfect, but will not last very long. I wear mechanics gloves with knit liners when it is above 0. I doubt the Refrigiwear gloves would last more than a month of daily wear, but they are warm and kept my hands dry (sometimes, really warm gloves will not let the seat evaporate fast enough, making your hands wet, yuck.)

I lost about 10 lbs last week. I did not have the energy to eat big meals and am not very big on snacking.

Temps were below zero from Monday eve till Friday at about 3p.

TB
Geez TB I thought you were in the states, not the Arctic!!!!:surprised: BTW where are you? LOL

Big Babooba

We were -16 this morning and managed to get to 13. It's 12 now and expected to head below zero again. Tomorrow will definitely be warmer, it's going to snow!

QKRSTKR

It was -16 degrees when i hit the road fri morning. Coldest day I have ever worked. It warmed to a balmy 0. Wind chill was -20 to -30 below. Never got warm in truck but the worst was the no power steering. Wheel was so hard to turn I felt like popeye by the end of the day. Man how I love my 1986 GMC.:sick:

705red

Browncafe Steward
The weather here in chicago has been horrible! We got hammered with a foot of snow last friday through saturday, and than temps at -10 below with wind chills between -25 and -40 below and some more snow.

Wednesday night with the snow hitting you square in the face and the below freezing wind chills has made for some of the worst delivery experiences for us, EVER!

It got up to 22 degrees here today and i went out without a jacket, what a heat wave!

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Anyone wearing shorts in this weather?
All week long. Got down to 4 and that was really a bit too low.
Wear shorts, t-shirt and vest down to about 20 comfortably.
My boss is a Cheesehead and he wears short sleeve all year long.
We both hear "Aren't you cold?" a lot but he can handle it better than me and he doe not have near the amount of blubber I do.
I am the Walrus. Coo, Coo, Ca, Choo.

Originally Posted by stevetheupsguy
Anyone wearing shorts in this weather?
NOT me, when it gets below 40 degrees it's big boy britches for me. I we were allowed to wear shorts for 2 years before I started wearing them. In truth, I feel the "professional" look they always say they want is lost in wearing shorts.

barnyard

KTM rider
They're saying here in Mn, after last week, 20 is the new 70.

It was in the 20's and really nice out today. Ditched the heavy jacket and went with the vest and light jacket.

My kind of day.

TB

DS

Fenderbender
You are mean steve....heres what we get
CITY OF TORONTO.
TONIGHT..FLURRIES ENDING EARLY THIS EVENING THEN CLOUDY WITH 30
PERCENT CHANCE OF FLURRIES. LOW MINUS 13.
TUESDAY..CLEARING. WIND NORTH 20 KM/H BECOMING LIGHT IN THE MORNING.
HIGH MINUS 10.
TUESDAY NIGHT..CLEAR. LOW MINUS 18.

remember this is celcius...I hope your oranges freeze

Catatonic

Nine Lives
You are mean steve....heres what we get
CITY OF TORONTO.
TONIGHT..FLURRIES ENDING EARLY THIS EVENING THEN CLOUDY WITH 30
PERCENT CHANCE OF FLURRIES. LOW MINUS 13.
TUESDAY..CLEARING. WIND NORTH 20 KM/H BECOMING LIGHT IN THE MORNING.
HIGH MINUS 10.
TUESDAY NIGHT..CLEAR. LOW MINUS 18.

remember this is celcius...I hope your oranges freeze

And his banana too!