705 and 710 working together!

705red

Browncafe Steward
Red,

I've seen these things enough over the years to have the script memorized. Samd BS different time. You can't fault the company on it because they aren't putting anything out. they are sticking to the agreed code of silence they committed to.

They could put out the same BS on how the union is BS'ing around but to their credit they have done so.

So far everything i've predicted has come true thus my comments on how your side is following the script.

How many of your 12000 members do you think will show up this weekend?
Honestly i hope for a great turnout, its about an hour drive each way for most people, some will travel farther which amount to 2 hours of their sunday for the next 5 years of their life. Well over a thousand will show guaranteed but we have over 10,000 ballots in case the ptimers come out in droves which they should.

brownman15

Honestly i hope for a great turnout, its about an hour drive each way for most people, some will travel farther which amount to 2 hours of their sunday for the next 5 years of their life. Well over a thousand will show quaranteed but we have over 10,000 ballots in case the ptimers come out in droves which they should.

setting up car pools with drivers 2 save gas expecting a big turnout

tieguy

Banned
Honestly i hope for a great turnout, its about an hour drive each way for most people, some will travel farther which amount to 2 hours of their sunday for the next 5 years of their life. Well over a thousand will show guaranteed but we have over 10,000 ballots in case the ptimers come out in droves which they should.

I hope you get 12000 to show rather then 150 deciding the fate of everyone else.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
what happened to "once you go into management you can not go back to hourly" ???

I was able to use the same loophole as off-the-street hires do. 1 off-street hire for every 6 or 7 union. I paid my back dues 'cause I was lazy to get a withdrawal card when I went into management.
I went driving with the full intention of staying. Some hardcore union drivers didn't welcome me too much because they figured I would just leave for full-time management. 8 years later, and still here.

I have seen the battles from both sides and understand BOTH points of views. I hope that 705 and 710 get fair contracts, no less than the one we had signed. But it sounds like they will not even sign that.
There are still 2 weeks left to hammer it out, so don't waste time.

sx2700

Banned
I hope you get 12000 to show rather then 150 deciding the fate of everyone else.

What's the difference. There won't be a strike. Most people work paycheck to paycheck and are in debt up to their eyeballs. Who's going to make the mortgage, car, boat, motorcycle, etc.......payments?

705red

Browncafe Steward
If thats your argument then there is no reason to hold the strike vote. just let the BA's make the call.

Tie in this neck of the woods the members have a voice. The union and contract committee have done all they can to this point. Now the members have a decision to make, either show up and vot yes in droves to force ups to get serious and settle this contract. Or show up and vote no or not to be bothered at all and then except this contract that ups has proposed.

Im hoping that all 13,000 show and if they do i dont care how the vote goes. At this point we will have gotten ups's attention and it will show that the members are watching.

705red

Browncafe Steward
What's the difference. There won't be a strike. Most people work paycheck to paycheck and are in debt up to their eyeballs. Who's going to make the mortgage, car, boat, motorcycle, etc.......payments?

I sure hope your right about there not being a strike. Im usually the glass is half full kind of guy. I always try to look at the positive things in life and live through alot of humor. But i have a real bad feeling about this contract.

I have not meet a driver that after i explained the companys proposal to that said he would not come down.

Ups has now removed a citation under article 18 for serious accidents. So now if you are in an accident and someone goes to the hospital or gets towed your fired. Even if this accident is not your fault. Who would know better if you caused this accident our ups safety committee or the state trooper at the scene?

This is what we are up against here, what should the union do? What should the members do? Im open for ideas!

sx2700

Banned
I would love to see you guys get a really good contract, and without striking. Companies don't have any respect for unions anymore. I read somewhere last summer that only 8% of the workforce belongs to a union, what a disgusting number. It's no wonder employees are getting screwed every time they turn around. My full time work is for a utility company and it is illegal for us to strike since we provide a public service, therefore the only option we have is to go to arbitration which is non-binding and the company can do whatever they want anyway. So be glad you guys have the option to strike if it comes down to it. Our only option is to find a new employer if we don't like a contract.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Companies don't have any respect for unions anymore.

I hear you on that! They agree to a contract and then violate it at will. Whats the sense to agree to something and then not honor it?

Well it looks like we will have to take our respect from this company. In my book respect is earned and not just given, and we all feel that we have earned respect from this company for all the hard work we do, yet they disrespect us like they are now. This is not how you treat the face of a company!

This company has lost touch with reality! Someone needs to open their eyes before they cause damage that cannot be undone.

Dutch Dawg

Tie...you need to get away this weekend and hit some golf balls or something....let go of all that tension.

Lately, the theme to your argument(s) seems composed only of disparaging sarcastic comment directed at the character of those you disagree with.

You seem to have lost the ability to debate a topic based on the topic's merits.

If you have any enlightening information regarding the specifics of the proposals put forth for either 705 or 710 member's negotiations, by all means share it.

For you to continue on your current path only causes many to question if you manage in the same ineffective alienating style.

tieguy

Banned
Tie...you need to get away this weekend and hit some golf balls or something....let go of all that tension.

Lately, the theme to your argument(s) seems composed only of disparaging sarcastic comment directed at the character of those you disagree with.

You seem to have lost the ability to debate a topic based on the topic's merits.

If you have any enlightening information regarding the specifics of the proposals put forth for either 705 or 710 member's negotiations, by all means share it.

For you to continue on your current path only causes many to question if you manage in the same ineffective alienating style.

Dawg ,

I appreciate the concern but you're reading way too much into this debates. This is a labor board its for debating labor issues. Feel free to rebut anything being debated by stay away from the personal analysis.
As much as Red and I will go toe to toe on this issues we still laugh about it on the sidelines. Take your gut out of it.

Dutch Dawg

Dawg ,

I appreciate the concern but you're reading way too much into this debates. This is a labor board its for debating labor issues. Feel free to rebut anything being debated by stay away from the personal analysis.
As much as Red and I will go toe to toe on this issues we still laugh about it on the sidelines. Take your gut out of it.

What did you just say? Could I have an interpretation on this one, please?

Dawg ,

But Tie,you haven`t debated anything yet. You just typed "propaganda" ,"koolaid", "bs", and tried to talk me into wearing high heels. What are your specific feelings on specific topics and why you think the companies proposal on that matter is the right one. That I could respect,otherwise we`re just sitting around with our thumbs up our behinds working on snappy comebacks.

705red

Browncafe Steward
What are some of the specific issues that they are debating?

1) We have an economic proposal on the table which the company is not interested in discussing.

2) Seniority will now be measured by continous service with the employer. Article 44

3) on call feeder for 705. Article 48

4) If you now have an accident that involves medical treatment or a tow truck you could be fired, even if your not at fault. Article 18

5) Fmla, ups will guarantee you a job, not your job when you return to work.Article 16

6) Trying to restrict what steward can be used by an employee. Article 4

7) Ups and an employee can agree its ok for them to work for free before their start time. Article 17

8) Ups is not interested in our combo language. Article 22.3

9) any new ptime will not get paid holidays for 1 year. Article 22.16

10) language that could cost ups's work being diverted. Article 26.2

11) Same sex benefits. Article 36

12) The worst layoff language you will ever see. Article 44.1

13) Work week now any 5 days in a 7 day week. Article 46

14) Protection of bid start time language. Article 46

The list goes on and on aqnd we have 4 dates left to settle.