705 Results

This is an easy fix, one of the I.E. guys at CACH should take care of it.

I can speak from experience that the I.E. at the Cach can`t wipe there behinds with out a computer program. The list of things they have messed up and we have had to correct is longer than War and Peace.

Bloodybrown

I can speak from experience that the I.E. at the Cach can`t wipe there behinds with out a computer program. The list of things they have messed up and we have had to correct is longer than War and Peace.
That's probably why they can't fix this simple problem.......I do recall some very brutal days at CACH when it opened......I am getting flash backs ! ......but it wasn't I.E. back than it was P.E. ...... could be nightmare's tonight. ........oh boy!!

The Mook

To all in Chicago, good luck. I sincerely hope that it does not come to a strike, but as a fellow Teamster in the mid west, I and most every Teamster I talk with, support you. I do love the company I work for, as well as the entity that represents me. Its a tough place to be in and our thoughts and prayers are with you. And that goes for both "sides". Keep fighting the good fight for all of us. Thank you.

tieguy

Banned
To all in Chicago, good luck. I sincerely hope that it does not come to a strike, but as a fellow Teamster in the mid west, I and most every Teamster I talk with, support you. I do love the company I work for, as well as the entity that represents me. Its a tough place to be in and our thoughts and prayers are with you. And that goes for both "sides". Keep fighting the good fight for all of us. Thank you.

Might as well direct it towards local 705 instead of chicago. 710 is quietly getting it done without the personality conflicts and without all the grandstanding.

Well, I for one would like to thank those individuals that voted to strike. Without them, all their "brothers" in the hubs and centers that surround Chicago wouldn't have all this extra work they are going to get towards the end of the week when UPS diverts the volume. We really appreciate it guys. We didn't have anything better to do, than our own work and then yours. You stand around, scratching your bellies, eating sausage, talking about how bad you have it where you are...pass around the kleenex...the rest of the TEAMsters will process all the volume you guys decided you were too good to handle. Thanks a million...glad you're on board...There's no "I" in TEAMsters, but there is in Chicago!

sx2700

Banned
Well, I for one would like to thank those individuals that voted to strike. Without them, all their "brothers" in the hubs and centers that surround Chicago wouldn't have all this extra work they are going to get towards the end of the week when UPS diverts the volume. We really appreciate it guys. We didn't have anything better to do, than our own work and then yours. You stand around, scratching your bellies, eating sausage, talking about how bad you have it where you are...pass around the kleenex...the rest of the TEAMsters will process all the volume you guys decided you were too good to handle. Thanks a million...glad you're on board...There's no "I" in TEAMsters, but there is in Chicago!

HAHAHA!!....Nice.

U(s)PS Guy

The previous poster had sad he hasnt been around long, but he has all of august off. In order to be of for those 5 weeks and get summer vacation he would have to have 15 years of service to get 5 weeks.

you know I thought I was wrong for a moment, then I backread a bit...maybe you should have read the actual quote :)

I'll even provide it here for you so you don't have to search for it.

OK, I wasn't with UPS in 1997 and never experienced a strike, so I have a few questions if they do go on strike.

1. How much does the union pay per week in the event of a strike?

2. Are the checks handed out at the UPS site I work at, mailed out or what?

3. I am also on vacation during August, so would I get my full vacation check as usual?

4. Where/How would I pick up my last regular UPS payroll check?

the guy didn't say he was on vacation for the entire month of august. hell I was on vacation in july, it was one week, but it was still in july. now I see why there is so much arguing going on in here, people don't read an entire thought before posting whatever pops into their head

loserupser

Two minute Therapist
dur·ing (dʊr':censored2:ng, dyʊr'-)
pron.gif

prep. Throughout the course or duration of:

hondo

promoted to mediocrity

You're welcome, my brother or sister. There'll be a little something extra in your check for this pay period.

U(s)PS Guy

dur·ing (dʊr':censored2:ng, dyʊr'-)
pron.gif

prep. Throughout the course or duration of:

glad to see you left out the second definition.

dur·ing
thinsp.png
Audio Help /ˈdʊər
thinsp.png
ɪŋ, ˈdyʊər-/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[doo
thinsp.png
r
-ing, dyoo
thinsp.png
r
-] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation –preposition
1.throughout the duration, continuance, or existence of
2.at some time or point in the course of

so to put it that way "at some point in august I will be on vacation"

B

BD Gal

Do your job!

Just so you know, you 705 people are making it harder to do our jobs... For every minute you spend "negotiating" I have to do 10 minutes explaining to a customer why they should continue to use us.

BD is hard enough as it is...quit making it harder and do the job you were hired for!

bellesotico

BOXstar
Re: Do your job!

Just so you know, you 705 people are making it harder to do our jobs... For every minute you spend "negotiating" I have to do 10 minutes explaining to a customer why they should continue to use us.

BD is hard enough as it is...quit making it harder and do the job you were hired for!

Oh cry me a river...If you are so concerned about time and customer service, then what are you doing posting here?
How would UPS feel about you posting here on company time...wouldn't that be theft???

Be gone TROLL.

loserupser

Two minute Therapist
The problem is the guy put information, and we interpreted differently! Thats the problem, we NEED CLEAR language so we can all interpret it the same! We can go on forever and bicker about it but it does not change the facts. And each side focuses on their interpretation.
you know I thought I was wrong for a moment, then I backread a bit...maybe you should have read the actual quote :)

I'll even provide it here for you so you don't have to search for it.

the guy didn't say he was on vacation for the entire month of august. hell I was on vacation in july, it was one week, but it was still in july. now I see why there is so much arguing going on in here, people don't read an entire thought before posting whatever pops into their head

B

BD Gal

FYI

Oh cry me a river...If you are so concerned about time and customer service, then what are you doing posting here?
How would UPS feel about you posting here on company time...wouldn't that be theft???

Be gone TROLL.

I have the day off so I can do what I want; I've been with the company over 5 yrs and am paying YOUR WAGE with the work I DO...try showing some respect!

You really don't get it, do you? You have no idea how much BD dislikes you guys for stuff like this... YOU need US, get it? Without us GETTING THE BUSINESS, you have NOTHING to move.

Call me a troll, I don't care. What I DO care about is that you are affecting UPS and my paycheck which is nowhere near what you get paid. Do your job and quit whining about 10 sick days a year!

tieguy

Banned
The problem is the guy put information, and we interpreted differently! Thats the problem, we NEED CLEAR language so we can all interpret it the same! We can go on forever and bicker about it but it does not change the facts. And each side focuses on their interpretation.

I hope you're not telling us your going to walk friday for fuzzy language?

tieguy

Banned
Re: Do your job!

Be gone TROLL.

you make a lot of assumptions here. people do work different hours and take days off.

UPS Lifer

Re: FYI

I have the day off so I can do what I want; I've been with the company over 5 yrs and am paying YOUR WAGE with the work I DO...try showing some respect!

You really don't get it, do you? You have no idea how much BD dislikes you guys for stuff like this... YOU need US, get it? Without us GETTING THE BUSINESS, you have NOTHING to move.

Call me a troll, I don't care. What I DO care about is that you are affecting UPS and my paycheck which is nowhere near what you get paid. Do your job and quit whining about 10 sick days a year!

BD Gal - You need to get off your soap box... Please stop talking down to these folks. Unless your signature is on the check, you don't pay anybody's wage. This is not us vs. them. This is not a war between BD and the drivers.

Is it frustrating for you? Of course it is but you can't be effective if you harbor hate and discontent. Stay the course and do your job.... right now that job is damage control and sticking to the talking points your department has given you. Everything will work out.

B

BD Gal

BD Gal - You need to get off your soap box... Please stop talking down to these folks. Unless your signature is on the check, you don't pay anybody's wage. This is not us vs. them. This is not a war between BD and the drivers.

Is it frustrating for you? Of course it is but you can't be effective if you harbor hate and discontent. Stay the course and do your job.... right now that job is damage control and sticking to the talking points your department has given you. Everything will work out.

I am not on a soap box, I am making you aware of a position you not have otherwise heard. As for talking down to people, I didn't think I was doing that either and, with respect, the work I do pays everyone's wage. How much more clear can I be? If I don't bring on business, then drivers/handlers have NOTHING, NADA, ZIP to move.

The talking points are BS; they told us not to say anything to customers and I have already lost three customers because of this issue - 1) they are wizzed off that nobody from UPS gave them a heads up (FedEx did!) and 2) they don't have to deal with this since FedEx is killing us on service and transit across the country. One guy even told me "you're lucky FedEx wasn't in the position in '97 that they are today...you guys would have never touched a package in 11 years"....now their business is gone.

If my displeasure seems misplaced then perhaps the union needs to look at the BIG PICTURE rather than petty demands...

BTW, BD management is every bit as big of @#$holes as they are in the center so don't tell me I don't know what it's like.

IDoLessWorkThanMost

I am not on a soap box, I am making you aware of a position you not have otherwise heard. As for talking down to people, I didn't think I was doing that either and, with respect, the work I do pays everyone's wage. How much more clear can I be? If I don't bring on business, then drivers/handlers have NOTHING, NADA, ZIP to move.

The talking points are BS; they told us not to say anything to customers and I have already lost three customers because of this issue - 1) they are wizzed off that nobody from UPS gave them a heads up (FedEx did!) and 2) they don't have to deal with this since FedEx is killing us on service and transit across the country. One guy even told me "you're lucky FedEx wasn't in the position in '97 that they are today...you guys would have never touched a package in 11 years"....now their business is gone.

If my displeasure seems misplaced then perhaps the union needs to look at the BIG PICTURE rather than petty demands...

BTW, BD management is every bit as big of @# as they are in the center so don't tell me I don't know what it's like.

You aren't on a soap box? Could have fooled me and probably everyone else. Your posts are very selfish with a side of arrogance, and then condencending for dessert.

Hey, you call yourself a "gal"...I bet none of your co-workers see you as that - with your potty mouth..

You are dime a dozen in this industry, so let's call a spade a spade here... and furthermore, your rant indicates that you are completely blind to rational thinking (from all sides) and probably hate your job more than most drivers or inside workers.

Petty demands? You're speaking as though anyone blue collar and union are petty for demanding, rather than what they're demanding is petty.

I could care less how difficult your job is. You accepted it, knowing full well labor negotiations are not always cut and dry and that this industry is constantly evolving. I doubt anyone feels bad for you, that's for sure!

bellesotico

BOXstar

Lets get something real clear...the type of work you do contributes to driver/handlers wages. I don't OWE you anything and I certainly am not going to hand over respect on that piece alone. Respect is something that is earned. Register your account and we'll see.

Do I get it? Yes I do. #1. As much as anyone needs BD, without drivers/handlers what were you planning on doing with all that work once you got it? Just letting it sit there? It doesn't move on it's own.

#2. I am insignificant...as I'm not in Chicago..but I support my union brothers and sisters. That is my right. Does it make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside to know that I'm not making a paycheck nearly as big as yours? Well believe me, I don't. Newsflash: I'm not a driver.

#3. There is no whining in UPS.

Oh and I do my job. EVERY DAY. By the way..have a nice day off.