705 Results

UPS Lifer

Re: Sorry to confuse you

I have found that BD folks - (the type with an attitude) usually don't even get into the center to talk with the drivers and see what is going on.

By no means am I putting BD down, we have some good folks who really dig in and work with drivers and customers to build the business...... and then you have the other type who think they pay the drivers wages!

tieguy

Banned
Re: Sorry to confuse you

Maybe if you walk into a warehouse and introduce yourself and then talk to the customer with some business sense you might find a new customer and your paycheck might grow a little.

If you were able to read then you would see we were concerned with job protection and language not wages. If ups could teach us the rates then we could talk to thecustomers and there would be no need for you.

We turn in a sales lead than someone from pakistan that just learned how to speak english through one of those rosseta stone language videos screws it up or passes it on to a bd rep who then screws it up because they go out there without talking to the driver to see what the issues are.

Enjoy your latte today and try and get in to see some of your customers every now and then!

red that was a waste she has already been held accountable by her peers. Something you would never do to a "brother"

Dig around. You`ll find that Red is not afraid to hold a union member accountable.
Whens the last time you guys held the fire to one of your own?

Bloodybrown

Dig around. You`ll find that Red is not afraid to hold a union member accountable.
I doubt it.....he seems to be the type that feels the union member is always right!...big bad UPS is always wrong!!

All the time, and you know it!!

All the time, and you know it!!
Oh please. I deal with all forms of management daily from pt load sups all the way to division mgrs and they all follow the same operating procedure. 1) When some one fs up you b.s. and cover for them. 2) When someone fs up up stab them in the back and throw them under a bus.

I don`t know if you alternate odd-even days or spin a wheel but those are the two situations I always see. Never "theres a situation,lets correct so we can do business" It`s always "I didn`t do it,go find the guy that did,etc" or " He would never do that,go fix it yourself its your problem"

Bloodybrown

Oh please. I deal with all forms of management daily from pt load sups all the way to division mgrs and they all follow the same operating procedure. 1) When some one fs up you b.s. and cover for them. 2) When someone fs up up stab them in the back and throw them under a bus.

I don`t know if you alternate odd-even days or spin a wheel but those are the two situations I always see. Never "theres a situation,lets correct so we can do business" It`s always "I didn`t do it,go find the guy that did,etc" or " He would never do that,go fix it yourself its your
problem"

If that's how things are where you work, I'm glad I'm not there!!!! It is not like that where I'm at!!! I will say that sometimes when a management person screws up there are consequences that the hourly people may not see, like no raise or no stock for a year, the only time you may see discipline is when they get fired or demoted!!.....which does happen!!

I wont go into details but just this week there was an incident that ended with two mgrs arguing in front of me about who should take care of the problem. I just turned around and walked out,took the trailer around to my side of the building and had my group fix it. I dont even think they noticed I left. One of the biggest problems around here is the backstabbing between hub,feeder,labor,tsg,tofc,yard control, etc on and on in a circle.

Bloodybrown

I wont go into details but just this week there was an incident that ended with two mgrs arguing in front of me about who should take care of the problem. I just turned around and walked out,took the trailer around to my side of the building and had my group fix it. I dont even think they noticed I left. One of the biggest problems around here is the backstabbing between hub,feeder,labor,tsg,tofc,yard control, etc on and on in a circle.

That's not good..........CACH sucked when I was there to!!

tieguy

Banned

Are you serious. thats all your side talks about is how we eat our own. Not to mention if you had read this thread you would had your question answered.

UPS Lifer

I don`t know if you alternate odd-even days or spin a wheel but those are the two situations I always see. Never "theres a situation,lets correct so we can do business" It`s always "I didn`t do it,go find the guy that did,etc" or " He would never do that,go fix it yourself its your problem"

I am sorry but you are showing a lot of ignorance about management and how they are held accountable in this post you made.

First of all - if what you believe is true than someone must be real worried about being held accountable! Why would you worry about throwing someone under the bus, stabbing them in the back or covering up something unless you were going to be held accountable???? Doesn't make much sense to do those things if there is not going to be a consequence for your actions.

What you really don't see is what happens in the office during planning meetings when you are not there. What is being done to fix areas of concern and the training that the management team goes through to make your job easier.

Any idea what your job was like 30 years ago?

Just the fact that CACH exists shows how management has improved the transportation network for your job security and the benefit of all our customers nationwide!!!!

It didn't happen by stabbing each other in the back or covering up something.

I remember back in 1978 when I was promoted. All my fellow drivers told me there was a special little book that upper management kept hidden with all the secrets of "controlling" the "hourlies". Mind you, they were very serious about this. In the 29 years following my promotion I never did find that book of secret management tricks!

So.... don't draw wide conclusions based on what you think you see from isolated incidents.

I am sorry but you are showing a lot of ignorance about management and how they are held accountable in this post you made.

First of all - if what you believe is true than someone must be real worried about being held accountable! Why would you worry about throwing someone under the bus, stabbing them in the back or covering up something unless you were going to be held accountable???? Doesn't make much sense to do those things if there is not going to be a consequence for your actions.

What you really don't see is what happens in the office during planning meetings when you are not there. What is being done to fix areas of concern and the training that the management team goes through to make your job easier.

Any idea what your job was like 30 years ago?

Just the fact that CACH exists shows how management has improved the transportation network for your job security and the benefit of all our customers nationwide!!!!

It didn't happen by stabbing each other in the back or covering up something.

I remember back in 1978 when I was promoted. All my fellow drivers told me there was a special little book that upper management kept hidden with all the secrets of "controlling" the "hourlies". Mind you, they were very serious about this. In the 29 years following my promotion I never did find that book of secret management tricks!

So.... don't draw wide conclusions based on what you think you see from isolated incidents.
I`m not drawing wide conclusions,I`m talking about the CACH. I won`t assume or make allegations what goes on behind closed doors but when something happens right in front of me,on more than one occasion,for the last 12 years or so then I can confidently say that different divisions stab each other and their own.