705?

IDoLessWorkThanMost

Thank you for sharing your view point, i now see how you are thinking, so let me explain how we were thinking.

I agrre with your typing reference, but at the same time the employee has to be given a fair trial period to make it to ups guideline standards.

Now to your loss of production, whats happens to a 28 year driver who can no longer do his/her dot job? Will they be as fast as an 18 year old? NO
But doesnt that 28 years of service account for something? How much production did he/she give the company over the last 28 years? Probably more than their share.

I believe if you are qualified to drive a package car and deliver and pick up packages, you probably are qualified to load or unload since it is part of your current job description.

Now if you are 22.3 with a standard license and a package car driver with a (at least here) c non cdl, you both have to be trained in feeder school for 1 week on your time in order to make it to your firat productive day, same training same expense. Now a package driver might have the upper hand in dealing with customers, but when it comes to drining a semi for the first time its a level playing field.

Its better to discuss issues so all involved can learn from it rather than just slamming each other.

It's expensive for UPS, and it's beneficial for the full-timers ( to be open bid season and a free-for-all like here in Local 25)

One thing I noticed here in the past 2 months since I joined a hub - the bids sheets are only up for 48 hours and the jobs that are not new are ONLY available to full-timers.

Part-timers cannot bid on existing jobs? Is that in your contract, too? IMO that is by far more excruciating than what you're fighting for (bidding up/down)

I believe a part-timer of 15 years should be able to bid on existing jobs, such as driving or 22.3. That is enough years of service to display you are dedicated to your job, ay?

705red

Browncafe Steward
It's expensive for UPS, and it's beneficial for the full-timers ( to be open bid season and a free-for-all like here in Local 25)

One thing I noticed here in the past 2 months since I joined a hub - the bids sheets are only up for 48 hours and the jobs that are not new are ONLY available to full-timers.

Part-timers cannot bid on existing jobs? Is that in your contract, too? IMO that is by far more excruciating than what you're fighting for (bidding up/down)

I believe a part-timer of 15 years should be able to bid on existing jobs, such as driving or 22.3. That is enough years of service to display you are dedicated to your job, ay?

Thats what were asking for. Curerent 22.3 jobs get bid by 22.3 employees when vacated, now if no one takes that postion it gets bid to the p timers. The ptimers still need to have a chance at going fulltime into these jobs that is why 22.3s were created. I believe that we are asking for any ftimer to bb allowed to bid on any current 22.3 job when it becomes open.

Your in local 25, what do you think off sean obrien? Hearing alot of good things on him.

Mike hawk as it is now ftimers can bid lateral not down.

IDoLessWorkThanMost

Thats what were asking for. Curerent 22.3 jobs get bid by 22.3 employees when vacated, now if no one takes that postion it gets bid to the p timers. The ptimers still need to have a chance at going fulltime into these jobs that is why 22.3s were created. I believe that we are asking for any ftimer to bb allowed to bid on any current 22.3 job when it becomes open.

Your in local 25, what do you think off sean obrien? Hearing alot of good things on him.

Mike hawk as it is now ftimers can bid lateral not down.

I haven't see an existing 22.3 or any friend/T job here posted be available to a part-timer. there have been re-postings of jobs too.

I like Sean O personally. Although there's some grumbling about him and the BA's. It's pretty ugly up here, no one is held accountable for anything. Infact the stewards are generally on better terms with management than it's own brothers and sisters and more helpful to them.

705red

Browncafe Steward
I haven't see an existing 22.3 or any friend/T job here posted be available to a part-timer. there have been re-postings of jobs too.

I like Sean O personally. Although there's some grumbling about him and the BA's. It's pretty ugly up here, no one is held accountable for anything. Infact the stewards are generally on better terms with management than it's own brothers and sisters and more helpful to them.

Sorry to hear that about your agents, i have meet sean twice and seemed like a stand up guy, but people must be held accountable.