710 feeder

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by mikeups1978, Feb 12, 2011.

1. mikeups1978

mikeups1978 Member

Well since I have to have 3 years of on-road experience to be a 710 driver I wonder how I'm going to get the experience if I'm a 22.3 combo full-timer.

2. hondo

hondo promoted to mediocrity

That's kind of how I thought it would be when I posted this:
    #9 back in this thread: http://www.browncafe.com/forum/f6/feeder-driver-336714/
    So are there actually any L710 feeder openings? From several sources, there don't seem to be any new or replacement L705 feeder jobs right now. Have you talked to the 705 & 710 business agents? Or is it that you would really prefer the 710 work over 705's?

3. Mike57

Mike57 Member

I heard of several openings in Louisville Ky.
    I ran with a Louisville driver the other day, he said that needed several!

4. rushfan

rushfan Well-Known Member

Better a 710 feeder than a 420 feeder!

5. brett636

brett636 Well-Known Member

Indy is currently in the process of bringing in 20 more feeder drivers, with another 20 possibly by mid to late summer. Only time will tell if that comes to pass though.

Oh, and in response to the OP if 710 is anything like here they will train you to get your CDL when you go into feeders. Although it makes no difference if there are no openings.

6. mikeups1978

mikeups1978 Member

I would prefer 710 but if I have to go to 705 for a while so be it!

7. mikeups1978

mikeups1978 Member

What's a 420 feeder? Where are U from if U don't mind me asking?

8. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

420, 705, and 710 are Union local numbers.

9. cachsux

cachsux Wah

For a while? You don`t get to jump from one to the other at will. Even if you could there would be a long line ahead of you seniority wise.

10. cachsux

cachsux Wah

Gee, you`re getting soft in your old age. Someone tosses up a softball and you didn`t even swing. You were supposed to say that is the average weight of a veteran feeder driver.

11. Covemastah

Covemastah Suspension Ovah !!! Tom is free FU Goodell !!

Thats only if your a Providence feeder driver!! You have to be 250 to get in ,they max at 420 !!

12. Sleeve_meet_Heart

Sleeve_meet_Heart making the unreadable unreadabler

lol