710 in Trusteeship

Hawfuh Sux

Old Guard Assassin!
You know Hoffa is gonna appoint a corporate friendly officer as your trustee. What you guys need to do is organize and run a reform slate against the new puppet.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
International better not pull another Louisville and jam a bad contract down member's throats.

Sent using BrownCafe App
What's going to stop them from doing just that?
They re-wrote the rules to give Hoffa and his board almost unlimited power.
Face the facts ladies and gentlemen, you can vote down UPS's offer as many times as you like. Hoffa doesn't have to negotiate anymore. He will impose this contract for the same reason he did it last time. A dump truck full of cash from UPS being dumped in Hoffa's drive way.

babboo25

Banned
International better not pull another Louisville and jam a bad contract down member's throats.

Sent using BrownCafe App
Why should 710 and 705 get a better contract than the rest of the country? I'm a 710 member and I'm sick of the arrogance in our union. Starting with our BA's and especially the "Harvard of 710" feeder drivers. If IBT enforces this bad contract are you going to quit your gravy 100k yr job? If we vote again and it fails again then what? Strike? What would you put on the picket signs? 710 needs change, Flynn is an embarrassment and a crook. Why were gift cards purchased with our Dues anyway? Flynn makes 450k and could afford to pay for them himself, or maybe sell one of the loaded Tahoe's our BA's drive. Not to mention the new multi million dollar union hall. Please IBT implement the contract, Please

Avalon

Avalon
Why should 710 and 705 get a better contract than the rest of the country? I'm a 710 member and I'm sick of the arrogance in our union. Starting with our BA's and especially the "Harvard of 710" feeder drivers. If IBT enforces this bad contract are you going to quit your gravy 100k yr job? If we vote again and it fails again then what? Strike? What would you put on the picket signs? 710 needs change, Flynn is an embarrassment and a crook. Why were gift cards purchased with our Dues anyway? Flynn makes 450k and could afford to pay for them himself, or maybe sell one of the loaded Tahoe's our BA's drive. Not to mention the new multi million dollar union hall. Please IBT implement the contract, Please

I always thought of us as more of the Brown U types. 705 is the Harvard!

Sent using BrownCafe App

Why shouldn't 710/705 get a better contract? Haven't you enjoyed the benefits of better contracts up till now or are you going to give back anything over what the national gets?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
What's going to stop them from doing just that?
They re-wrote the rules to give Hoffa and his board almost unlimited power.
Face the facts ladies and gentlemen, you can vote down UPS's offer as many times as you like. Hoffa doesn't have to negotiate anymore. He will impose this contract for the same reason he did it last time. A dump truck full of cash from UPS being dumped in Hoffa's drive way.
At this point I wouldn't be even remotely surprised if we eventually find out Hoffa got fat stacks from ups.

slantnosechevy

Holy smokes, Jim "Chicago Outfit" Coli has been appointed trustee of 710 by Hogffa Jr. That's a huge loss for the memebers of 710.

Like letting the fox in the hen house. 710 members who wanted change got it. Those who thought the pension didn't pay enough.....just wait and see what happens now.
The Exec. board and trustees were removed for 18 months. Barring unforeseen circumstances, the Sect/Tres and Pres. are gone and can't run again if they can't find jobs within 710 to keep from having a break in membership. The rest can go back to their respective companies and are eligible to run again. Once in trusteeship Coli doesn't have to conduct monthly union meetings. The door is open to all kinds of changes. That pension isn't safe now and neither is the jurisdiction of 710. UPSers in Indiana could get thrown in LU135 without any say in the matter. Hoffa knows UPSers don't like him or Hall.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Like letting the fox in the hen house. 710 members who wanted change got it. Those who thought the pension didn't pay enough.....just wait and see what happens now.
The Exec. board and trustees were removed for 18 months. Barring unforeseen circumstances, the Sect/Tres and Pres. are gone and can't run again if they can't find jobs within 710 to keep from having a break in membership. The rest can go back to their respective companies and are eligible to run again. Once in trusteeship Coli doesn't have to conduct monthly union meetings. The door is open to all kinds of changes. That pension isn't safe now and neither is the jurisdiction of 710. UPSers in Indiana could get thrown in LU135 without any say in the matter. Hoffa knows UPSers don't like him or Hall.

Says who ??

Sounds like trucker BS.

-Bug-

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
From the front page of 710's website:

Please be advised that on July 18, 2014, the Independent Review Board (IRB)
issued a report recommending that Teamsters Local 710 be placed into
trusteeship. Based on that report, Teamsters General President James P. Hoffa has placed Local 710 into International Trusteeship, effective July 30, 2014.