710 vote results?

Atomic_Smurf

Your worthless chart only proves my point. A steady decline in union membership since the Reagan years (RTW inception). You are a buffoon. Thank you for proving my point. No state info at all. By the way, in the few states that "might" have shown a slight improvement, which you haven't even shown. Remember that most were RTW when these companies moved in for the lower wages and benies, then unionized when they saw how bad they were being treated. Friggin scab.
Also it wasn't the chart that shows the data. It is the info on that page of the Bureau of Labor .gov website compared to their same numbers from 2006. Information can be broken down to individual states for comparison as well.

standtall

You can't hurt my feelings, I left them at home.
Friendly reminder @standtall :

Discussion can be animated, which is fine, but we do not welcome personal attacks, on- or off-board. Derogatory, insulting, or belittling statements, directed at other members as well as direct or indirect personal attacks are not permitted on our forum.

It is fine to disagree with a different viewpoint, but please limit this to challenging the idea and not make your comments a personal challenge or make derogatory personal comments about individuals or their choices or circumstances, which disparage their ideas, opinions, their occupation or their personal situation. These examples are not exhaustive. Insulting or disparaging another member is a personal attack regardless of the manner in which it is done. These offensive comments are contrary to the spirit of legitimate, reasoned debate and damaging to the purpose of our community.

Read more: http://www.browncafe.com/community/help/terms
Cheryl, you are absolutely correct. I was out of line. My passion for "real" workers rights sometimes gets the better of me. I will refrain from verbalizing his obvious character and intelligence deprivation. And no, I'm not old school, quite the opposite. We need a new movement. Out with the old ( including TDU), in with a fresh employee minded group. I suppose I could take the term Old School to be derogatory also. Careful.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

That sir, is a ridiculous lie. Spewing out nonsensical garbage like that is the hallmark of the right-wingers. I challenge you to post a link backing that bull sh#% up. That's what I thought. There is no such statistical data. You just outed yourself scab!
If you have to resort to a reply like that you've already lost the debate.

standtall

Friendly reminder @standtall :

Discussion can be animated, which is fine, but we do not welcome personal attacks, on- or off-board. Derogatory, insulting, or belittling statements, directed at other members as well as direct or indirect personal attacks are not permitted on our forum.

It is fine to disagree with a different viewpoint, but please limit this to challenging the idea and not make your comments a personal challenge or make derogatory personal comments about individuals or their choices or circumstances, which disparage their ideas, opinions, their occupation or their personal situation. These examples are not exhaustive. Insulting or disparaging another member is a personal attack regardless of the manner in which it is done. These offensive comments are contrary to the spirit of legitimate, reasoned debate and damaging to the purpose of our community.

Read more: http://www.browncafe.com/community/help/terms
If you have to resort to a reply like that you've already lost the debate.
As stated before, I was wrong to point out another's obvious flaws, Lord knows I have my own also. Simply stated, if you want your union leadership to be held accountable, vote in a group that will listen to you. If you don't want to pay dues, simply work for a non union company. Holding back dues does nothing but allow freeloaders to collect hard fought benefits.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Union accountability makes our union & all unions stronger. Being RTW didn't prevent organizing in those states either as union leadership & Democrats often claim.
I don't understand why a proper RTW law can't be written.

Give people the choice to join the union. I totally believe in that choice. However they should not be treated exactly the same as dues paying members.

standtall

Also it wasn't the chart that shows the data. It is the info on that page of the Bureau of Labor .gov website compared to their same numbers from 2006. Information can be broken down to individual states for comparison as well.
Please, just for a moment indulge me and tell me why you wouldn't include said information in your link? It seems that that would prove your point yet it is conveniently absent. Interesting isn't it.

standtall

It is because they are not written to give someone a choice. They are written to undermine collective bargaining. It all cases, RTW is written to stipulate that even if you don't pay dues, the union is legally obligated to represent you. If that isn't free loading, what is?

Atomic_Smurf

I don't understand why a proper RTW law can't be written.

Give people the choice to join the union. I totally believe in that choice. However they should not be treated exactly the same as dues paying members.

It would be like you paying for your steak dinner and I get the same one for free.

I see your point but am certain a non-dues paying member will never receive the same representation as someone who does. Only the same pay & benefits which are earned... day by day, hour by hour, box by box, not handed out to those that kiss the ring of the emperor.

We've seen paid union representatives sit silently at a panel hearing while a member losses their job for lesser reasons. I'm not advocating people not pay dues. I'm instead saying union leaders are accountable to their members when employees have the choice.

oldngray

nowhere special
I see your point but am certain a non-dues paying member will never receive the same representation as someone who does. Only the same pay & benefits which are earned... day by day, hour by hour, box by box, not handed out to those that kiss the ring of the emperor.

We've seen paid union representatives sit silently at a panel hearing while a member losses their job for lesser reasons. I'm not advocating people not pay dues. I'm instead saying union leaders are accountable to their members when employees have the choice.

It would be like expecting a free public defender to do as well as a paid defense attorney in a trial. You get representation but you also pretty much get what you pay for.

I agree. The people who represent us are complete sell outs. I was just referring to the non paying employees getting the same pay and benefits as we do.