8/15/13 PCM

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Our Center Manager did mention the crash yesterday in our PCM and told us that the crew didn't make it. She also told us to be respectful with our comments about the crash while dealing with customers. I had two people walk up to me while I was on my route today that expressed their condolences about it. I work near the airport and my delivery area is heavily populated by airline employees, so I expect that I will continue to hear a lot about it. I used to have a couple of UPS pilots on my area, I talk to Delta pilots all the time.

Buck Fifty

Serious question:

People die on the job at UPS all the time. Should every death be mentioned at PCMs countrywide for all of them?

Seriously?

They mention every damn fender bender that we have in the district bar none, yet dont mention the death of 2 of our own in a plane crash. Inconsistant as usual. Thats the company we work for. Sucks, but we need to understand it and move on.

Our PCM this morning made no mention of yesterdays tragic plane crash and the loss of our 2 pilots. Nothing. No moment of silence. Nothing. We reviewed the 8 Keys to Lifting and Lowering.
​Was it the same all over? Lets pretend it didn't happen? Its disgraceful if you ask me.
Yea how this is being handled is reprehensible. I asked about a moment of silence and was told that it wasent going to happen. It makes me want to puke that two human beings and our brothers could be treated this way. Shame shame shame on ups.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
A bunch of consignees mentioned it today, however one guy pissed me off. He was like,"What a horrible tragedy. That's millions in claims that will kill your stock."

I said "Sir, I could not care less about the packages. They can be replaced and UPS has plenty of money. I care about the families of the pilots who were killed" and walked back to my truck.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
As I read through this thread I found it ironic that some here was complaining about Trolls.
When my wife gets in one of her moods like this, I roll my eyes and leave the room and house if needed.
Really pretty amusing if you don't take it seriously which I rarely do on BC.
​Vent on! LOL

Coldworld

60 months and counting
As I read through this thread I found it ironic that some here was complaining about Trolls.
When my wife gets in one of her moods like this, I roll my eyes and leave the room and house if needed.
​Vent on! LOL

​huh??

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
A bunch of consignees mentioned it today, however one guy pissed me off. He was like,"What a horrible tragedy. That's millions in claims that will kill your stock."

I said "Sir, I could not care less about the packages. They can be replaced and UPS has plenty of money. I care about the families of the pilots who were killed" and walked back to my truck.

Sounds like it could be TOS's cousin.

​Vent on! LOL
What are you smoking??

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Had one residential consignee in very rural Wisconsin say to me as I handed her a ground package "Thank God I got my package today as I was concerned it was on the plane that crashed."

​Clueless.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Had one residential consignee in very rural Wisconsin say to me as I handed her a ground package "Thank God I got my package today as I was concerned it was on the plane that crashed."

​Clueless.
Lol typical, two people died but god forbid your victoria secret bras didn't make it to you!! I'll alert the media.

Buck Fifty

When my wife gets in one of her moods like this, I roll my eyes and leave the

room and house if needed.
​Vent on! LOL

Room ?, house ?, hell I skip the eye roll and leave town. Just sayin.

Agreed. Not only did we not talk about it, but we were given a warning in our PCM to NOT talk about it .
and incidentally, this just happened today at our hub: I am so amazed at the total apathy in my workplace today over someone leaving their car lights on. It was poring down rain today. After spending my before-work time trying the doors, which were locked, and then trying to find whoever's car it was, I had to give up the search to go to work. Then after being given a lay-off for the day, I continued the search, reporting it to no less than 4 supervisors. who could have easily anounced that over their walkie-talkies, being that we have no PA system there. And what makes it even worse, is the fact that IF the car belongs to either of the two employees that folks gave me leads on as to who might own it, well THEY are kind people that are forever selflessly giving rides to less fortunate folks without transportation. Unfortunately, I could not find ANY of those folks. All I can say is Karma can be a real bitch. It is high time we start caring about people. This was VERY disappointing today.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
We were told on Thursday " there was a ups cargo plane crash...that's all we know right now. Go to work". We were told on Friday " an update on the plane crash Both pilots were killed that's all we know right now. Go to work".