8 and 5 key discipline

705red

Browncafe Steward
Your name wont be on it. OSHA keeps it confidential.
My name was not on the posted OSHA notice that was posted in the building today. I have no problem with UPS knowing that it was me this wasy the next time I address a safety concern it will be taken care of immediately.

705red

Browncafe Steward
I filed an OSHA complaint for the egress being blocked last night and for them continuously on a nightly basis stacking on the floor grading blocking the sorters from existing the work area safely in case of an emergency. I also included that the belts are moving to fast for the loaders to keep up which causes the packages to fall off of the belt and stack up at the entrance of the trailers.

An OSHA rep just called me back and I explained how UPS has been having all the employees sign this egress form saying that they maintain at least 18 inches of clearance yet the sups force them to stack out nightly. I explained that the proper way to handle this would be to turn the belts off for a few minutes until it was SAFE to continue working.

OSHA is now sending UPS a letter of complaint with my name attached to it to UPS and Ups has 5 business days to address it.

Now if the manager last night would have addressed it when i approached him on it immediately this would not have had to happen. I do not play with the employees safety and I expect UPS managers not to either.
Dragon are you able to read? You negative rep me because I did not give management time to fix it. But if you able to read you would see that this has been addressed many time before. And on Tuesday night the manager brushed me off saying he would look in to it. He walked passed it and never even stopped. So I told him I was going back over to check to see if it was still a problem and he told me to have fun.

This is not a game and I can see why some managers never move up to work with full time union employees, because they can intimidate part timers in to doing what ever they say. Well I did have fun talking to the OSHA rep, and I did have fun reading the OSHA posting and I will have fun as I walk through the building knowing that the employees are working safely.

Its pretty obvious dragon that you were somehow effected by this call to OSHA now take some notes here, clean it up or there will be more calls to OSHA! I also had fun typing this!

705red

Browncafe Steward
Dragon please explain to me that even after UPS was contacted by OSHA this week about this violation, why would they do it again last night?

In your opinion what is enough time to fix a safety concern? A day, 2 days a week or wehn someone gets hurt or even worse?

tieguy

Banned
Dragon are you able to read? You negative rep me because I did not give management time to fix it. But if you able to read you would see that this has been addressed many time before. And on Tuesday night the manager brushed me off saying he would look in to it. He walked passed it and never even stopped. So I told him I was going back over to check to see if it was still a problem and he told me to have fun.

This is not a game and I can see why some managers never move up to work with full time union employees, because they can intimidate part timers in to doing what ever they say. Well I did have fun talking to the OSHA rep, and I did have fun reading the OSHA posting and I will have fun as I walk through the building knowing that the employees are working safely.

Its pretty obvious dragon that you were somehow effected by this call to OSHA now take some notes here, clean it up or there will be more calls to OSHA! I also had fun typing this!

you're not worried about safety. You're on a power trip plain and simple.

705red

Browncafe Steward
you're not worried about safety. You're on a power trip plain and simple.
Power trip? What do I gain out of this? Besides knowing that the employees safety comes first!

I'm a little old school and I still believe that people come before packages.

The truth is people like yourself insist that we sign all of the training papers to show that you have trained us properly, yet its our fault when you force people to work unsafe and violate these same safety procedures.