8 hour day?????

gostillerz

We start at 800 and I usually punch out at 1900. Last 2 years, my route was 120 stops in a P500 for a 9hr day. Now, it's 150 (mostly businesses added), plus 5 more pickups in a P700 and somehow it's a 9.5hr day.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Funny, a few of us were punching out at 6:45, and saying "they wont let this happen again" We are so conditioned to the hours, that we now think punching out at almost 7 is good, LOL. Coz it is, been peak for 5 yrs now.

Indecisi0n

Funny, a few of us were punching out at 6:45, and saying "they wont let this happen again" We are so conditioned to the hours, that we now think punching out at almost 7 is good, LOL. Coz it is, been peak for 5 yrs now.

I agree and i haven't even been with UPS very long. Other day i punched out at 645 and i was happy as a pig in @#$$. The entire drive back to the shop i was waiting for my DIAD to go off and ask me to help others.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I agree and i haven't even been with UPS very long. Other day i punched out at 645 and i was happy as a pig in @#$$. The entire drive back to the shop i was waiting for my DIAD to go off and ask me to help others.
You should perhaps be driving, not looking at the DIAD?

BMWMC

B.C. boohoo buster.
I work on average 14 hours OT and my (cough) production doesn't fall a second. I wonder if this thread could be called "making more money for doing less work. Thank you UPS."

You see, that will get your 8 hour riff more attention from UPS. Expect 8 hours a day for everyone soon. :samvetesmiley:

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
The article states that after 8 hours productivity goes down. Goes way down if a person is working more than 50 hours a week.

I wish UPS would accept the fact that they can either have a great safety picture or lots of drivers over 50 hours.

Not both.

actually the Naval Research Institute found decades ago in a study that productivity tanks after 5 hours, no matter what the job or breaks-entailed

why do you think we have so many PTers?

expect to see more FT positions converted to PT, it's pretty much the future in business