8 hour days

fedupups

No such thing as a real 8 hr day anymore...a route that when I started was 95 stops back in the day so a request load with a couple of pick ups taken off was 75 or so...now that same load for a request load is 95 with no pick ups taken off (fyi not my route)...and in my center if u threaten to bring work back the words out of their mouth is...r u quitting...and the union says basically grieve it but that doesn't help your current day...the next contract needs a lot more stronger language on this

Xexys

Retired and Happy
Just called my supervisor to let him know this isn't an 8 hour day...trying to haggle with him...he said just file with it I don't care...gotta love that winning attitude!

Sent using BrownCafe App

Keep wasting time posting during working hours you time stealing whiner.

bumped

As long as u let them know you will not be able to make the 8 hours, you have to give them the chance to send help, if they don't ,notify them you will be bringing truck back at 8 hours

I end the message of what I need help with to get my 8 hour. If dispatch doesn't answer within an hour I send another message saying I'm sheeting the packages as missed. I always get help then.

ncupser82

I end the message of what I need help with to get my 8 hour. If dispatch doesn't answer within an hour I send another message saying I'm sheeting the packages as missed. I always get help then.
What about working as directed? Our local tells us to work then file! I have an important date coming up...my daughters daycare graduation (I know it's silly but she really wants me to be there because they're doing a performance and she's been working hard on it...I don't want to miss it!)...either way if they tell me to finish my day after i say I'm going to sheet everything missed, where do I stand on that?

Sent using BrownCafe App

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
Yep I think it's the central but may be just the local. I'm not sure.

No its the entire central. I have a copy of the ruling from the JAC. The company cannot discipline an employee for bringing work back on an 8hr day as long as they are maintaining the consistent level of performance.

We had a driver fired for bringing work back and was off 30 days. He won the case with full back pay!

What about working as directed? Our local tells us to work then file! I have an important date coming up...my daughters daycare graduation (I know it's silly but she really wants me to be there because they're doing a performance and she's been working hard on it...I don't want to miss it!)...either way if they tell me to finish my day after i say I'm going to sheet everything missed, where do I stand on that?

Sent using BrownCafe App
1800 SICK DAY.

10 point

im calling bull:censored2:. but i guess you can pull that kind of stuff if you dont mind having atarget on your back.
Stand up or shut up.
That panel decision is in stone and was upheld again in Ohio.
Some drivers have the backbone to enforce the contract.
We appreciate you.

Ron Carey lives on

If you are Article 37 " opt in list" you could lose an 8 hour a month, if your dispatchers have read it. Not saying thats the case in your situation. "Relieved of duty in 8 hours if put it winin 24 hours, if you have the seniority" bring it back, there is no discipline under contract

Sent using BrownCafe App