8 hour days

some1else

Banned
We havent even been gettinglip service of honoring them. It is 2 per month here BUT if they are not honored then that dosnt count as one of your two. Ive had 8 grieved in one month 2 per week all month none honored. Have a whole bunch stacked up and was offered 30c/1$ on them and said no id rather have 100c/1$ lol.

Really a win win. Go home at a reasonable time like a normal human or get 65$ im happy either way.

cheeks

I got paid for 17 of them,In one year. (You only get 20).....Finally that got tired of paying me. Now I get 7 and a half hour(8 hour days) done early, plus guarantee time!
I know this is an older thread, but today we were informed that there is no guaranteed 8 any more. If you come in under 8 and want your 8 you must request more work. Otherwise you are to take a paid actual. Management has been changing drivers codes to 5 without informing them.

cheeks

Another deal that we had come up is this. In the past if 2 drivers had 8 hour days, and center manager talked one into taking the day off, then someone who had been denied an 8 hr day would be bumped up. We have grieved that process and won it. Now if someone takes the day off, no other 8 hr days are being offered. PERIOD. Even though we had won this in the grievance process, now our union steward is saying they don't have to follow that process.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I know this is an older thread, but today we were informed that there is no guaranteed 8 any more. If you come in under 8 and want your 8 you must request more work. Otherwise you are to take a paid actual. Management has been changing drivers codes to 5 without informing them.

The contract clearly states that FT drivers are to receive their daily guarantee unless they agree to waive that guarantee.

We do not do the dispatch and have no control over what is on our cars.

This needs to be grieved.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Another deal that we had come up is this. In the past if 2 drivers had 8 hour days, and center manager talked one into taking the day off, then someone who had been denied an 8 hr day would be bumped up. We have grieved that process and won it. Now if someone takes the day off, no other 8 hr days are being offered. PERIOD. Even though we had won this in the grievance process, now our union steward is saying they don't have to follow that process.

To be fair it would be difficult to adjust the dispatch based on the result of a call-in or a driver being given the day off at the last minute.

1080Driver

We put in for the light load the day before you need it. If you have too much, you send a DIAD message before lunch. If they send the troops to help, thats great; if not you bring it in with whatever you have left, punch out and leave. Usually they'll find someone to take the work but I've brought work back to the building a few times; then someone goes back out with it and finishes it.

Indecisi0n

Remember if it's not granted than it doesn't count as a request. So if you get two a month and they don't honor the request then you still have two available.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Love it! This will be #2 for the year!

Sent using BrownCafe App

That's all well and good, but they still screwed someone over that played by the rules, needing a early day. This is why I never ask for an early day, I call in.

Boys and girls, if you really need the time off, CALL IN!

UPSmechanicinblue

No its the entire central. I have a copy of the ruling from the JAC. The company cannot discipline an employee for bringing work back on an 8hr day as long as they are maintaining the consistent level of performance.

We had a driver fired for bringing work back and was off 30 days. He won the case with full back pay!

Can you post a copy of this?

Takeback251

Here we can file for a two hour penalty if denied the 8 hour, or file if its granted then on the day of your told "sorry, couldn't do it for ya". Problem is my BA is a pusillanimous and keeps negotiating the grievance payouts down to crap. If the penalty doesn't hurt them much, they're likely to keep abusing the language.

edd_tv

Cardboard picker upper
If the 2 hour penalty is clearly spelled out in the contract why in the world would the BA agree to a lesser payment?

That part about his BA sitting down to pee.

They tried that here, a sup told me it was cheaper to pay the grievances than it was to send help. It didn't work for them.

undies

I was told we can no longer get delivery help due to Orion, but they will cover pick ups to try and help with an 8 or 9.5 day. Sometimes, that's just not enough and I still go over and have to file.