8 hour days

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
You are right----Orion 1.0 will no longer be mentioned as soon as they implement Orion 2.0, which will provide real time updating and turn by turn navigation.

Do you have some kind of inside information? You don't even have ORION in your center, you have no idea what it will do to your route, and yet, you are predicting the second generation already.

Un-freaking-believable Dave.

Last edited:

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Do you have some kind of inside information? You don't even have ORION in your center, you have no idea what it will do to your route, and yet, you are predicting the second generation already.

Un-freaking-believable Dave.
Yeah just like our teired wage scale that was coming with this last contract. Then when it didn't he said just wait til the next one.

The BOG. Where you're predictions are never wrong. They just haven't come true yet.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Unknown.png

Overpaid Union Thug

You are right----Orion 1.0 will no longer be mentioned as soon as they implement Orion 2.0, which will provide real time updating and turn by turn navigation.

Another poster said that they were the first center in the country to get ORION five years ago and they no longer use it. But one of the ORION "Team" told me that real time updating and turn by turn navigation is in the works but there is a concern about the DIAD becoming an in cab distraction.

Dr.Brownz

Another poster said that they were the first center in the country to get ORION five years ago and they no longer use it. But one of the ORION "Team" told me that real time updating and turn by turn navigation is in the works but there is a concern about the DIAD becoming an in cab distraction.

I'm predicting they drop Orion when they find out that a driver who knows the area can do it faster than a one size fits all computer program.

Either that or you will get a 5 second time allowance to memorize the route orion wants you to take.

UPSmechanicinblue

I'm predicting they drop Orion when they find out that a driver who knows the area can do it faster than a one size fits all computer program.

Either that or you will get a 5 second time allowance to memorize the route orion wants you to take.

We where the first center in Michigan to get Orion. It started out very very bad. It is improving, drivers have to stay 80% in trace at least as long as they are staying under the miles Orion says it takes to run. Sheets where up for drivers to beat the computer on miles it takes to run a route. Drivers did this, routes have gotten cut completely and more get cut on low volume days than before orion. They explained Orion will start like the old game we played ATARI the old video game and improve to be like Xbox is today. When all centers all implemented the time will be spent modifying all the routes. Drivers showing them how to run the route faster is very helpful for them. They have info from the GPS in the cars now that will be used readjusting how Orion dispatches the routes daily.

UPSmechanicinblue

So bottom line is if you continue showing them how you can run the route better and faster, this will be a base line to use and they will use that to even improve on more in the future.

cheeks

So bottom line is if you continue showing them how you can run the route better and faster, this will be a base line to use and they will use that to even improve on more in the future.
Ok, I've been on Orion 8 days now, I've seen and heard the "beat the computer" spiel. . .BS, I can't stay under miles, I'm running over more that ever, and I'm wearing out the soles of my boots faster than ever. I could beat the computer, but why, so I can get more work, more hours? I had 2 9.5's last week, and had to be told to leave work for others to get off before 9.5 two other days. I had a smooth delivery routine before, now I'm all over the place. I could curbside my deliveries before, now it seems I'm crossing the street 90% of the time. . . .