8 hour days

Brown_Star

Methods Man
im calling bull:censored2:. but i guess you can pull that kind of stuff if you dont mind having atarget on your back.

I do this everything time! They play games then I demonstrate my contractual agreement!

Also , forget about the target nonsense if you do the job by ups methods and report to work every day they can't do jack. They harass you file a grievance and document the harassment. Call the hotline but don't buy into the target bs!

Whargoul

I put in for an 8 hour and they said they couldn't honor it after they gave other drivers the day off. So I said "okay see you tomorrow" and left.

Whargoul

Sorry, I embellished a little. I was told they couldn't honor it and that they didn't have route for me to run. I didn't just walk out even though that's what I made it seem like.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
The people we work under are illiterate to the contract they agreed to.
I put in for an 8 hour today, for tomorrow. I was told the day was taken, and no, I had to let them know 6 days in advance. He handed me back my written notice. I pulled out my book and called a friend.

24 hr notice, and by seniority. I can bump, I know my rights. In my barn Article 19, section 3. he said he would get back to me, he did not. I sent msgs all day, for an answer.

They want to baffle with bs, the young and old and uninformed, uneducated on the contract members, and only we can be held to doing our jobs, and never making an error. When they do it, its oh well fix it next time.

W all need to start using the tools of the contract we have never used because of fear of being targeted. You are targeted anyway. Come to work, work safe, know your rights and send them into a spin, its fun.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I put in for an 8 hour today, for tomorrow. I was told the day was taken, and no, I had to let them know 6 days in advance. He handed me back my written notice. I pulled out my book and called a friend.

24 hr notice, and by seniority. I can bump, I know my rights. In my barn Article 19, section 3. he said he would get back to me, he did not. I sent msgs all day, for an answer.

They want to baffle with bs, the young and old and uninformed, uneducated on the contract members, and only we can be held to doing our jobs, and never making an error. When they do it, its oh well fix it next time.

W all need to start using the tools of the contract we have never used because of fear of being targeted. You are targeted anyway. Come to work, work safe, know your rights and send them into a spin, its fun.

So you think it would be fair for you to bump someone who had the foresight to properly submit a day off request just because you waited until the last minute to put in your 8 hour request?

oldngray

nowhere special
So you think it would be fair for you to bump someone who had the foresight to properly submit a day off request just because you waited until the last minute to put in your 8 hour request?

By contract she only needs to request 24 hours in advance. If someone else requested it days earlier it doesn't matter. UPS should not have told the other person their request was granted.

Brown_Star

Methods Man

Well said!

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I properly did it. Option days require foresight. I didnt need to bump, and probaly wouldnt to guys i know and like.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
.it means unless urgent, i probaly wouldnt bump. I like all the people i work with. For an 8 hour day. And what difference
Does it make what i add to a post? Quit nit picking. You are annoying when you do it.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
24 hours? My dispatchers head would be spinning if he only had 24 hours...they have to give us a yay or nay in 24 hours (written copy), but it never happens...one day I'm going to file on that when I don't get my 8 hour request!

Sent using BrownCafe App
24 hours is plenty of time... Hell they can cut out a route in 15 minutes before start time...it's only an excuse

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You are annoying when you whine.

If I had a day off that I had scheduled weeks in advance and you tried to bump me with your last minute 8 hour request you and I would have a very one-sided discussion.

oldngray

nowhere special
Scheduled day off is not the same as an 8 hour request. You have to formally request the day off farther in advance (8 days?) and once it is granted you can't be bumped if someone more senior later wants the day. 8 hour requests are 24 hours notice and are not related to scheduled days off.

Overpaid Union Thug

Scheduled day off is not the same as an 8 hour request. You have to formally request the day off farther in advance (8 days?) and once it is granted you can't be bumped if someone more senior later wants the day. 8 hour requests are 24 hours notice and are not related to scheduled days off.

There are a few in my center that think otherwise. I was once in a wedding and had requested off in advance and one of them waited until the morning of and raised hell about it. Oh well. I like getting the best of higher seniority drivers that suffer from a God complex. I look at it like this......yeah you can take all the vacation weeks that I want, the routes I want, the holidays that pay double time, and whatever else you can but when you think your God complex is going to triumph over the contract I will come out ahead every time. LOL!