8 hour guarantee?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Brownslave688, Dec 23, 2011.

1. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

So I have just over and hour of DOT time left for the week and was told I am needed tomorrow. Can I file for my 8 hour gaurentee or do I have to have hours left to work to file?
  2. tourists24

tourists24 Well-Known Member

did they tell you exactly why you were needed with only one hour left? I would absolutely demand my 8. They will have to find some car wash work or something
  3. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

I was under the impression once I was out of hours I couldn't do any work or is it just that I can't drive anymore?
  4. tourists24

tourists24 Well-Known Member

Im not sure sure of the DOT laws in this case,,, but I do know that if they are requiring you to come in then they are obligated to pay you 8 hours per contract
  5. hondo

hondo promoted to mediocrity

You just can't drive (off the property/on the public roads). (And are you including your unpaid lunch breaks? I'm fairly certain that time doesn't count towards the 60 hour/7 day limit, only the 14 hour daily limit.)
  6. over9five

over9five Senior Member Staff Member

I remember one Saturday Christmas Eve they forced everyone in. Those with hours left drove, and those with no hours left were driver helpers.

You're guaranteed 8 if you want it.
  7. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

If you choose to leave, you forfeit that guarantee.
  8. cachsux

cachsux Wah

One hour of DOT left? You`re too fatigued to drive to work, a possible danger to yourself and others. It`d be a call in.