8 Hrs

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
good point. there are many 9.5 out in my area, but seems nobody is paying much attention to them until they start cutting triple time checks. Managment cannot run the amount of cars that they need period, they are told the car number by bean counters and that is that!

When the beans become triple pay, they get counted with a little more weight!!!!

Dustyroads

Depends where you are working.
If you are on an extended route,-(per union contractual agreement)-, in my part of Texas, you have no grounds to file a 9.5 grievence and the "union" supports that stance.
So under these conditions, my average day is 10.5hrs and has been for years.
I have been pulling 11 and 12hrs days over the last two weeks.
-(gotta love the cost cutting metric)-
It sucks, but at least I am banking my bucks in preparation for my Central States Pension meltdown.
Sorry to hear about the "agreement" that rural areas in your part of the country don't get 8 hour days. It's not that way up here in Kansas, in fact, for the most part, it's the rural cars that are in first every day, and there's never a problem honoring an 8 hour request. I will be the first to say that we have the best management team around in our building, however, I don't think they are superhuman. I mean, I think they could honor 8 hour days for rural areas in any part of the country, if they chose to do so.

satellitedriver

Sorry to hear about the "agreement" that rural areas in your part of the country don't get 8 hour days. It's not that way up here in Kansas, in fact, for the most part, it's the rural cars that are in first every day, and there's never a problem honoring an 8 hour request. I will be the first to say that we have the best management team around in our building, however, I don't think they are superhuman. I mean, I think they could honor 8 hour days for rural areas in any part of the country, if they chose to do so.
I might get an 8hr request approved if I made a request, but I would have to convince my center manager that I really needed it.
9.5 complaints/grievances are useless.
I pulled 13hrs OT last week and 15hrs this week.
10hrs is my norm.
My center team is not a team.
As Hoax says,
it is what it is.
I still have that foolish notion that I will be the last man standing.
Helluva way to run a railroad, IMHO.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
We have 2 rtes that are considered rural. Our 9.5's and 8 hr requests are honored for both rtes. As I understand it, the language was set up so that the determination is whether or not add/cuts can be put on the neighboring rtes. In our case the answer to that is YES! Add/cuts can be put on other rtes. So they have to honor 9.5's and 8 hrs.