80 more mechanic layoffs

The fact is you can't compete with a communist country that pays its workers pennies on the dollar using children in factories. Why don't you explain to me why you think UPS should be allowed to farm my job out to this country, a country that does not have to have FAA inspections, drug tests, or an A&P license.

I'd rather not hear another speech. You made a comment on post #54..now back it up. By the way are you using a teleprompter?

unionman

I'd rather not hear another speech. You made a comment on post #54..now back it up. By the way are you using a teleprompter?
I have over 25 years of experience on just about every aspect of aviation maintenance. The small number of mechanics at UPS have the same. We can out wrench any chop shop that uses one experienced mechanic that over looks 20.
Time is money, especially with aircraft down time. We might make more money but by getting the work done faster with higher quality, ups saves money with less out of service aircraft and better reliability.

unionman

What teleprompter?
By the way, the biggest problem I see with this airline is that its run by people who know nothing about an airline. Just like you.

sdf6hr2

What about the 727 that lost all three engines and glided into chicago just missing the tops of buildings. Pure luck that it did not crash into something.

it was asked when this happened... to the best of my memory, about 1998. (maybe '97 or '99). correct me if i am wrong, but i recall it was RFD bound and had a "triple engine flame-out due to bad fuel suction feed (or something like that)" over chicago. something akin to a "mayday" was declared and o'hare had to scramble to clear air space and runways for the world's heaviest glider. all did end well, no life or property lost, to the best of my recollection......

dragracer66

Hey chucky cheese, why are you ratting out your fellow union brothers? Do you not get what we are saying? They are farming out all of our work to CHINA! They don't want us working on there aircraft like an airline. They want just enough mechanics to satisfy the FAA, who forced them into the airline business.
Well this is about to blow up in there face, they can't just run a virtual airline with mechanics that are there just to hold the pilots hand when the plane leaves. Especially when you have planes coming out of these chop shops with work done by some illegal immigrant that forgot to put all the bolts back in the part that made that Airbus almost run off the runway.
Let me guess by the way you leave these long winded answers to questions that you are not answering you must be the weight lifter nut I see on the ramp. Only somebody on roids would react like that!!! Oh by the way they aren't my union brothers.

ups767mech

Let me guess by the way you leave these long winded answers to questions that you are not answering you must be the weight lifter nut I see on the ramp. Only somebody on roids would react like that!!! Oh by the way they aren't my union brothers.

Why wont YOU answer the question ...... What gateway do you work in?

drewed

Shankman
Wow I leave for awhile and its still business as usual.
Im not going to take sides both have valid points, but I will say you guys are mixing issues, theres the issue of outsourcing to foreign repair stations, and the outsourcing of union jobs domestically, two different problems in my mind still job losses for UPS but still retained domestically. And heres what the FAA says about foreign repair stations
https://web.archive.org/web/2008102...v/news/fact_sheets/news_story.cfm?newsId=6252

What teleprompter?
By the way, the biggest problem I see with this airline is that its run by people who know nothing about an airline. Just like you.

One thing I do know is if it was run like a regular airline it would have gone bankrupt years ago. Lets see an L-9 goes in position 18 on a DC-8. Oh, but we put them out of service recently. Guess I'll just have to go on a FOD walk....want to come along...maybe you can answer those questions.:bigsmile2:

unionman

Hey, a Rat is a rat no matter if he is in a union or not Chucky.

unionman

Wow I leave for awhile and its still business as usual.
Im not going to take sides both have valid points, but I will say you guys are mixing issues, theres the issue of outsourcing to foreign repair stations, and the outsourcing of union jobs domestically, two different problems in my mind still job losses for UPS but still retained domestically. And heres what the FAA says about foreign repair stations
https://web.archive.org/web/2008102...v/news/fact_sheets/news_story.cfm?newsId=6252

Welcome back, at least you know a little about the airline business. The FAA is a joke in my book. I have absolutely no respect for them because they have two jobs that contradict. One job is the publics safety and the other is to promote aviation. Most FAA inspectors no nothing about aircraft, they only care about keeping the paper work in order. I worked in one of these outsource vendor places that had serious issues with the quality of maintenance being done and the FAA inspector told us that he wasn't going to lose his 90k a year job because we couldn't fill out parts tags properly. Right under his nose there were serious issues that came very close to causing a crash a few months later.

dragracer66

Hey, a Rat is a rat no matter if he is in a union or not Chucky.
Sounds like you know from experience what a rat is. You call yourself "unionman" but I bet you don't have a clue what the union means or represents. You are probably one of those guys who goes and tells the boss what everybody is doing wrong so you can look good.

unionman

Sounds like you know from experience what a rat is. You call yourself "unionman" but I bet you don't have a clue what the union means or represents. You are probably one of those guys who goes and tells the boss what everybody is doing wrong so you can look good.
Ok Chucky lets just drop it. You can assume all you want about me but we all know who's side your on.

dragracer66

Ok Chucky lets just drop it. You can assume all you want about me but we all know who's side your on.
No you have no idea who's side I'm on. I haven't been a steward for 22 1/2 years because of my good looks!!! So I'm going to give you a little background. In these 22 plus years, I have created more than 11 fulltime jobs by getting outside vendors tossed out and partimers who working more than 30 days fulltime, I win 98% of my grievances, only had 2 people who were fired not get there jobs back (both were stealing time) thats always hard to win anyway. And I have run unapposed every reelection. And also got some of the overnite terminals to join the union. So yea who's side do you think I'm on!!!!

unionman

No you have no idea who's side I'm on. I haven't been a steward for 22 1/2 years because of my good looks!!! So I'm going to give you a little background. In these 22 plus years, I have created more than 11 fulltime jobs by getting outside vendors tossed out and partimers who working more than 30 days fulltime, I win 98% of my grievances, only had 2 people who were fired not get there jobs back (both were stealing time) thats always hard to win anyway. And I have run unapposed every reelection. And also got some of the overnite terminals to join the union. So yea who's side do you think I'm on!!!!
Glad to here it. Sorry for thinkin you were that rat guy Chucky

mrv

Wow!!! Yet your so plesed with the misfortune of other Teamsters?

dragracer66

Wow!!! Yet your so plesed with the misfortune of other Teamsters?
Hey *********... At which point did I say anything about teamsters. I don't want to see any union person loose there job for any reason. Unfortunately we have no control with what the so called experts in Atlanta decide to do. All we can do as a group is come on here and voice our displeasure and file grievences about it and try to change them through that channel. Next time before you type something make sure you know what your are talking about. I'm not a teamster I am in the machinist union by the way!!!

Last edited by a moderator: