804 2015 Election 1 year away

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by 804 member, Jan 5, 2015.

1. 804 member

804 member Active Member

Rumors are flying of a 3 slate race again. Wtf? We can afford another 3 years of the current board bending over for the company and making deals under the table.
    When are we going to learn to run just 1 slate against them and beat them?
    They didn't even get half of the votes last time but the other 2 slates blocked each others votes.
    Get smart 804 run one slate

2. 804 member

804 member Active Member

Still looks like 3 slates

3. wide load

wide load Well-Known Member

Which slates are running?

4. Inthegame

Inthegame Well-Known Member

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly...

5. Lead Belly

Lead Belly BANNED

Blondie or Puco couldn't save him now. image.jpg

6. wide load

Apparently "skimming" is only legal for TDU?

7. 804brown

804brown Well-Known Member

The same two losing slates that were rejected last time. But I hear Hoffa has contacted both slates to merge and take on Tim's EB. It doesn't make a difference- the members of this local are not going back to the bad old days of bloated salaries and reps that dont show up and sell out contracts. They had their chance 3 years ago before the contract. With that contract they have fulfilled their original 10 point platform. They made promises and kept them. The other two slates campaigned on the belief that Tim could not increase the pension. Well...

8. wide load

So I guess that's it then? The other slates have no shot? You do know Tim was lucky in his last election.

9. 804brown

804brown Well-Known Member

Not sure he was lucky. His slate won 49%. Even if they combined slates no one wanted the old former Redmond guys back in charge again. But since then the contract was done and we all got a huge pension increase we haven't had since Carey was there. Their best shot was 3 yrs ago before the contract. Now, forget it.

10. wide load

How did you get 49% based upon the numbers on the site? The VP got the most and his numbers were 44%.

11. Lead Belly

Lead Belly BANNED

In your opinion do you think that the African American at the table that Tim spoke of in that audio will vote for him?

12. Lead Belly

Lead Belly BANNED

13. Lead Belly

Lead Belly BANNED

This member thinks 804 leadership is weak. This is the guy the struck over. Is he voting for Sylvester @804brown???image.jpg

14. Lead Belly

Lead Belly BANNED

15. wide load

Didn't that guy say how weak Sylvester is?

16. Lead Belly

Lead Belly BANNED

Yea. He talks about him like a red headed step child. I bet that guy votes for Hoffa & hall. I know I am.

17. Lead Belly

Lead Belly BANNED

If he doesn't not like Sylvester that's bad PR for Tim.

18. Lead Belly

Lead Belly BANNED

19. bigd

bigd Active Member

Wail you talking about $300 pension increase?! Why you don't mention the $300 increase on healthcare for retirees under Tim and co. And that increase happen the same year he took office.

20. bigd

bigd Active Member

ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1434508914.793952.jpg

That is how much per year what Tim has given TDU! That's why TDU defend tim s. so much and why TDU picked Tim s. Instead of Fred Z.

Very curious on why the number jumped like that right before the elections of 2012 on local 804!

*Info was taking from local804 lm2.