804 election

CRASH501

I will truly miss the soon to be former executive board !!!.
Howie and all the rest of the gents along with their wonderfull office staff have always been there for me and anyone i know who needed represtentation.
I am not to optimistic on the new executive board.
In my eyes 1-1-10 shall be like 1-20-09.
A day to be remembered a downhill day in our political / union lives.
R.i.p. To the executive board that has been there for my 8 + years of service to this horrid company !!! You guys will be missed .

agitator

To the brother who will miss the 804 Ex Board: where have they been the past 12 years since Ron Carey' s been gone....members from every building in our local stated outright that the only time our board showed up in force was every 3 yrs WHEN THEY WERE UP FOR RE ELECTION.....Brother, these guys had lost the fire in their bellies...everyday we as package car drivers , feeders, parttimers, etc, have had our backs up against the wall by brown and the board has been OUT TO LUNCH...laughing off management working RIGHT IN FRONT OF THEM AT TIMES.....

Im not gonna even get into the unanimous endorsement of that last contract or the pension fiasco we have experienced or their huge salaries, etc

Brother it was time for a change , a positive change with a group of guys right off the line, right off the trucks who DO have the fire in their bellies to fight EVERY DAY for the rank and file...24 hours a day ...not just 8am to 430 pm like the Lo 804 union office answering machine states (go to the 804members united website and hear a recording...)..

The days of reacting to brown are over for ups will have to be reacting to what WE do....

So brother have faith....the members have spoken big time .... ROW B has been given a MANDATE ....a lot has been promised....a lot has to be done...on january a new era for local 804 begins!!!

In solidarity

CRASH501

ROW B has been given a MANDATE ....a lot has been promised....a lot has to be done...on january a new era for local 804 begins!!!

YA KNOW WHAT THEY SAY ABOUT CHANGE ? IM SORRY BUT I AM NOT FEELING THIS IS FOR THE BETTER !
YOU HAVE 2 AS YOU GUYS HAVE STATED FORMER CAREY UNDERLINGS , GREAT THEY WERE TAUGHT WELL ! BUT WHERE DO WE GO FROM HERE ?
2 WELL TRAINED REPS DO NOT AND CAN NOT MAKE THE CHANGES YOU ARE EXPECTING ON THEIR OWN , UPS MANAGEMENT AS A WHOLE WILL WALK ALL OVER THESE GUYS , DEALS WILL BE CUT FAST , NEW STEWARDS , NEW RULES AND LOTS OF DRAMA !!! I WISH THE BOARD THE BEST OF LUCK BUT IM SORRY BUT THEY WILL NOT BE GETTING ANY RESPECT FROM ME UNTIL IT IS EARNRD !!!
WHATEVER YOUR BEEFS WERE WITH REDMOND THERE IS NO WAY YOU PEOPLE PUT ANY THOUGHT INTO YOUR ACTUAL CHANGE . THERE ARE MEMBERS OF THAT EXECUTIVE BOARD THAT DESERVED A FIGHTING CHANCE BUT UNFORTUNATELY TO ALL OF YOU THEY WERE REDMOND CRONIES AS YOU PUT IT , SO YOU WOULDNT GIVE ANYONE A CHANCE IT WAS ALL OR NOTHING FOR YOU GUYS , ITS AMAZING THERE IS NO REASON TO VOTE AN ENTIRE SLATE IN AND OR OUT IT COULD HAVE BEEN INDIVIDUAL VOTES !!! NOW YOU ARE GOING TO WALK A NEW , FRESH , GREEN , EXECUTIVE BOARD INTO WHAT ? EXACTLY THEY HAVENT A CLUE HOW TO RUN A UNION .
AND AS PER THE 24 HOUR UNION HALL GREAT IDEA , BUT SHOW ME A LOCAL HERE IN NY WHERE THAT CAN AND WILL BE A FINANCIALLY WISE DECISION . IT JUST WONT PAN OUT.
IN MY 8 + YEARS I HAVE ONLY KNOWN THE REDMOND SLATE AND I AM OKAY WITH THAT BUT HOW ABOUT IN YOUR NEXT CONTRACT LOOKING INTO FUTURE MONEY NOT JUST UP FRONT HOURLY $$$ , HOW ABOUT AN ANNUITY NOT JUST THE MEASLY .20 AN HOUR WE GET NOW

prsman12059

Look the whole board didn`t deserve to loose their jobs. The members were just pissed off about the pension and the contract and reacted to it. I will truly miss a few of those guys mainly Angelo who is one of the most intelligent caring people I have ever met in my life and Anthony Magrene you can`t count the amount of asses this man has saved over his career. The first words out of Anthonys mouth was always hows your family. I thank them for their leadership and advice over my long career as a steward may God bless them both. My career at UPS may be coming to an end soon but the lifes lessons these men have taught me I will carry with me for the rest of my life. I also wish the new board luck the future of our union depends on their success.

Last edited:

705red

Browncafe Steward
Crash, the membership has voted and overwhelming I may add. For whatever reason the members voted them in and your guy out, it happened. Now to sit back and say you will not assist or respect them until they have earned it is fair. However if these guys go in to your building and have to fight management and you the member it will make their job a little harder to do.

How about you attempt to assist them and if they screw you or your fellow members than show them no respect.

nhguy

For a minute I thought I was on a management site! All this talk and analysis about opening the Hall 24 hrs a day, the cost to hire new employees, the cost to operate the building 24 hrs. WOW, maybe you guys do know a little bit about running a business.

Glad to hear there is a cahnge taking place. Your recent leader has always been an ass!!

REMEMBER THE BIG FISH ALWAYS EATS THE LITTLE ONES

local804

All that sounds great, and I hope it happens for you all. One queastion though, I understand the pay cuts will save money, but if your going to have a 24hr hall I would guess there will be some new employees. Will there actually be a savings once you figure in wages and benefits for the round the clock operation. Not to mention the increased overhead costs for having a building in use 24hrs a day(Gas, Electric,Water, Etc...)??

The Union Hall is in the middle of an industrial area in Queens NY.I dont know if you guys think this is a 20 story building in Manhattan cause it is not. The building is very small and I really doubt they will have to hire new employees to make this a success. The business agents dont work 9-5 and they will be the ones to answer the questions. They reduced the salaries by close to a half a million dollars a year. I really doubt a few lightbulbs, some water to piss and a landline phone will cost an arm and a leg. They are there for the members and that should be all that matters. UPS is a 24 hour operation, we should have representation 24 hours.

local804

The 24 hour representation was first implemented by Carey many years ago. He made atleast 1 member available 24 hours a day to the members. Where this has went over the years, no one knows.The new president elect comes from the same school as Ron.Its a good thing.

CRASH501

I WLL BELIEVE IN IT WHEN I SEE YOUR MAGIC CHANGES !!! i personally feel management is going to walk all over these guys . the bonds and relationships of the past are just that HISTORY ! lets see what happens

prsman12059

I agree crash..There was a lot of experience there. Experience these guys don`t have.. There`s only a couple of them that have more experience then me.. Ive been a steward since 1992 Im very active been to negotiations so Im pretty well informed and I`m still learning..It`s not an easy job it`s a stewards job multiplied by 100..If this company senses weakness they will walk all over them..Myself I don`t need a business agent I pretty much can handle anything and everything but how many stewards have that kind of experience..If you have a week steward and a week B.A the members won`t be too happy.They will wind up revolting just like they did on these guys and in 3 years these guys will be gone also...