804 election

Cezanne

I hate to play the devil's advocate, considering I believe in the need for union representation, but our local is in a election year and for the most part we flip them every three years. The mindset from the ones who know anything is to vote the bums out, depends on campaigning from the current slate in power (concentrating mostly on the lower seniority part-timer's vote). They might get renewed, who knows or even cares anymore. Would love to see some fresh blood in there, you always have that positive fleeting feeling that things are going to change, of course we find the new boss is the same as the old boss. Let us face it the members who run for these positions are basically "Mr. Know-it-alls", promises are broken and they face the business as usual political power structures in place on these grievance panels. They quickly learn their places. :whiteflag:

deleted9

If anyone can remember back that far Howie and a good part of the executive board were on Ron Careys slate from the beginning. I believe Howie has been around for about 42 years, at least 37 in 804 office. A few others have retired or left - Pat Pagnanella, Tommy O"Connor, etc

prsman12059

If anyone can remember back that far Howie and a good part of the executive board were on Ron Careys slate from the beginning. I believe Howie has been around for about 42 years, at least 37 in 804 office. A few others have retired or left - Pat Pagnanella, Tommy O"Connor, etc

prsman12059

That`s Timmy O*..Yes and Howie used to be the recording secretary before that I believe he was a trusty..But let me just say something else everybody talks about the problems we have today..I believe if I`m not mistaken the wonderful air language we have today was negotiated by Timmy..Sense the sarcasim that language has changed very little in almost 30 years.. UPS cried for flexibility back then they claim they needed it to start up the new operation the union should have never given into their request..Look how it has turned around to bite us in the ass..You just can`t work with this company..My point being these things were all negoiated under Careys watch..Part time loaders under Careys watch..we used to have full time loaders when I was hired..Christmas helpers, our free period negotiated under Carey..Now Ronnie did a lot of good things for us also but to say things were perfect while he was President is misleading..Us old timers know these things the new guys don`t..

CRASH501

i see you havent found a clue yet so i guess i am done with you. If my "god" ( never said he was anything close to a god) does not do his job or breaks his promises, my ass will be ahead of you to vote them out in 3 years. put the members first is the bottom line. maybe since everyone goes to you for advice, if tim ever needs some, i could give him you email, agree? Lol
.once again i have never stated that i could do the job !!! Nor would i want the headaches !

island1fox

That`s Timmy O*..Yes and Howie used to be the recording secretary before that I believe he was a trusty..But let me just say something else everybody talks about the problems we have today..I believe if I`m not mistaken the wonderful air language we have today was negotiated by Timmy..Sense the sarcasim that language has changed very little in almost 30 years.. UPS cried for flexibility back then they claim they needed it to start up the new operation the union should have never given into their request..Look how it has turned around to bite us in the ass..You just can`t work with this company..My point being these things were all negoiated under Careys watch..Part time loaders under Careys watch..we used to have full time loaders when I was hired..Christmas helpers, our free period negotiated under Carey..Now Ronnie did a lot of good things for us also but to say things were perfect while he was President is misleading..Us old timers know these things the new guys don`t..

Timmy o was a business agent in 43rd --Tom O --was a business agent for man north and starr ave---two different people !!!

Last edited:

local804

Once again, no one is saying one is perfect but for you to not see this local is in shambles is beyond me. For an "old timer" not to see a difference walking into a building now and 20 years ago is absurd. I said in a previous post about more people being fired in the last year than in my career speaks volumes. People fired in August still have not gotten an arbitration date and are given the same BS answers when the union office is called. Where is innocent until proven guilty on all 20 cases?????You can only fool people for so long and then they see the light.

How about some awesome new languague added to our contract AFTER Ron left. I like under suits working how now they have many loopholes including bathroom breaks lol. No employee shall be discharged on a first time offense upon information recieved from gps LOL. Ron and Tony were on the national team so please dont go there....

Ron also messed up putting Howie incharge of the feeder depart. There is another mistake Ron made, see I play fair. Talk to some of these guys and listen to what they have to say. I doubt you went to some of the Row B meeting in the summer, but boy they had some good ones.

CRASH501

once again, no one is saying one is perfect but for you to not see this local is in shambles is beyond me. . i said in a previous post about more people being fired in the last year than in my career speaks volumes. people fired in august still have not gotten an arbitration date and are for an "old timer" not to see a difference walking into a building now and 20 years ago is absurdgiven the same bs answers when the union office is called. Where is innocent until proven guilty on all 20 cases?????you can only fool people for so long and then they see the light.

How about some awesome new languague added to our contract after ron left. I like under suits working how now they have many loopholes including bathroom breaks lol. No employee shall be discharged on a first time offense upon information recieved from gps lol. Ron and tony were on the national team so please dont go there....

Ron also messed up putting howie incharge of the feeder depart. There is another mistake ron made, see i play fair. Talk to some of these guys and listen to what they have to say. I doubt you went to some of the row b meeting in the summer, but boy they had some good ones.
.1 this is not the same company i worked for 8 years ago , or even 1 year ago
2. If drivers would stand their ground and stop giving suits work , deliveries & pickups and maybe grow a pair to follow procedure by doing their jobs correctly maybe just maybe you could grieve these suits working .
3. These 20 people that were fired im just curious why were they terminated ?[evil][/evil]

JonFrum

I was just wondering who was the arbitrator that fired him. Was It ******??
Yes. *******. In a thirty-three page decision that is filled with faulty reasoning and pro-Company assumptions.

How could any union official select this person to be an arbitrator???

The Union's presentation of the case appeared to be botched. But I don't know for sure as I wasn't there. I'm only going by what I read in the Decision.

Last edited by a moderator:

local804

3. These 20 people that were fired im just curious why were they terminated ?

Overall record (lateness,production,failure to follow directions), extending lunch are the main ones. I dont want to post the other two because I think it might have an affect on the case when it hits arbitration. I dont know all 20 I just know a few from this bunch. Some might have deserved the termination but I am 100% positive 2 did not. I really cant go too much into details of the case but progressive discipline was not use in either. The funny part is it seems like most drivers have more than 20 years and no 2 drivers are fired from the same center. It seems like lets make an example of one and the others will fall into place theory, which big brown is known for.

local804

One of them was a steward in my building who got fired for production. I'm sure you know who he is.

A lot of good Howard's executive board did for him.

Very good shop steward, Imo this was the last guy the executive wanted in around election time.

deleted9

One of them was a steward in my building who got fired for production. I'm sure you know who he is.

A lot of good Howard's executive board did for him.

I'm sure the steward was given ample reviews and numerous talk with's and plenty of opportunity to improve. If you elect not to conform and think that arbitration is the cure all you are sadly mistaken. An arbitration can go either way and you are rolling the dice, no matter how good or how strong you think you case is. And if you lose an arbitration now there is language that affects all that you work with, so in theory you not only hurt yourself but everybody else, all because you thought you could beat the system and you possibly thought you were untouchable.

prsman12059

Yes. *******. In a thirty-three page decision that is filled with faulty reasoning and pro-Company assumptions.

How could any union official select this person to be an arbitrator???

The Union's presentation of the case appeared to be botched. But I don't know for sure as I wasn't there. I'm only going by what I read in the Decision.

Last edited by a moderator: