804 election

CRASH501

Because you still have the grievance procedure to go through. Correct?

If your termination was finalized you would receive the vacation you accrued. But keep in mind if you were off alot during 09 you might not qualify for your full vacation, and if you are not an employee I'm not sure if you would qualify for the once in a lifetime to receive all of your vacation time.
.red I was told i have qualified but i believe the vacation is coming as scheduled , and the time wont come until after 5-1-10

JonFrum

Because you [CRASH501] still have the grievance procedure to go through. Correct?

If your termination was finalized you would receive the vacation you accrued. . .
I'm assuming Crash was fired for a "cardinal sin" and therefore his termination is "final," at least from UPS' perspective. This isn't a "working termination" pending the outcome of a grievance hearing.

UPS wouldn't even know officially that Crash intended to fight the termination until after they issued him all his money on the next business day, if they followed proper proceedure.

Maybe this failure to follow proceedures indicates that UPS expects Crash to get his job back. If not, maybe Crash's BA could use UPS' failure to follow proper proceedure as an argument to further weaken UPS' case.

CRASH501

SADLY i hear the new heads of 804 dress like bums and are hiding the use of TDU funds i just heard from a good source that the TDU have furnished the 804 board with some untraceable credit cards to help pay for their expenses .....
also while its great that the new board tok paycuts its also been said that they have retained high price lawyers to assist with the transition , how is that saving money . also amazing enough the 24 hour representation is nothing more than an answering service that delivers off hour messages the next buisness day.
ALL I CAN SAY IS SHAME ON YOU

local804

SADLY i hear the new heads of 804 dress like bums and are hiding the use of TDU funds i just heard from a good source that the TDU have furnished the 804 board with some untraceable credit cards to help pay for their expenses .....
also while its great that the new board tok paycuts its also been said that they have retained high price lawyers to assist with the transition , how is that saving money . also amazing enough the 24 hour representation is nothing more than an answering service that delivers off hour messages the next buisness day.

actually "SHAME ON YOU!!!"
You were the one caught working while on workers comp!
You are the reason our premiums are so high!!!
Now my union dues have to go towards your fraud activities!
Do not throw stones if you live in a glass house. They dress like bums? lol look like pretty good suits to me but I only drive a truck so what do I know. You no longer work here, how do you know? lol
Untraceable credit cards, WOW....thats amazing. What expenses are we talking about?
Leave a message with the service and the union(BA) will call you back usually within the hour. They have rotating shifts so someone can be working at all hours of the night.
Your a funny guy, Thank God I logged on my computer tonight. lol

CRASH501

actually "shame on you!!!"
you were the one caught working while on workers comp!
You are the reason our premiums are so high!!!
Now my union dues have to go towards your fraud activities!
Do not throw stones if you live in a glass house. They dress like bums? Lol look like pretty good suits to me but i only drive a truck so what do i know. You no longer work here, how do you know? Lol
untraceable credit cards, wow....thats amazing. What expenses are we talking about?
Leave a message with the service and the union(ba) will call you back usually within the hour. They have rotating shifts so someone can be working at all hours of the night.
Your a funny guy, thank god i logged on my computer tonight. Lol
Again i made statements from speaking to other drivers .... Last i checked this forum was a decent place to get answers some good , some not so good.......as far as
caught working get your facts straight.
And now that you mention it i hear copays are also going up..
I personally have gotten a callback within a day everytime i call the local .
Again this is a forum good or bad we obtain info and advice here .
.relax

local804

SADLY i hear the new heads of 804 dress like bums

804..jpg
804..jpg

outlaw

Word is co-pay is going to 20.00 and drugs to 15.00. ALSO I hear retiree payment is going to double, its going to 550.00 a month. WOW I WONDER IF ROW A DID THAT WHAT ROW B WOULD OF SAID. Fact is Row A would never screw over the retiree on a fixed income. WOW when row A raised the co-pay from 5.00 to 10.00 row B said look what they are doing how could they raise the co-pay UPS SHOULD PAY BLA BLA BAL. O well brothers I guess we are getting what we asked for.
PS- My shop steward told me today that row A had the company in arbitration over the welfare fund. I wonder what happend to that?

705red

Browncafe Steward
How about calling your hall and asking?!

Or you could just hop from forums on the internet and type this and hope maybe the local agent that is handling that answers you???!!!

Which one sounds like a better choice?

outlaw

Hey Big Red I'm just letting the membership know what my shop steward learned at the new Teamster School row B started. O by the way, I heard alot of the membership was truant. LOL

local804

Word is co-pay is going to 20.00 and drugs to 15.00. ALSO I hear retiree payment is going to double, its going to 550.00 a month. WOW I WONDER IF ROW A DID THAT WHAT ROW B WOULD OF SAID. Fact is Row A would never screw over the retiree on a fixed income. WOW when row A raised the co-pay from 5.00 to 10.00 row B said look what they are doing how could they raise the co-pay UPS SHOULD PAY BLA BLA BAL. O well brothers I guess we are getting what we asked for.
PS- My shop steward told me today that row A had the company in arbitration over the welfare fund. I wonder what happend to that?

I find it amazing how people are still on this row A row B bullsit almost 4months after the election. The longer you stay divided, the harder it will be for all of us. I think you better check again about going to arbitration over the welfare fund with your row A pals. I remember very well the past 9 cases we had before the transition and we lost ALL 9!!!!!!! Yup ALL 9!!!!!!!
Ask your shop steward buddy about that one!

local804

. Fact is Row A would never screw over the retiree on a fixed income.

Do you think the fund just turned to crap overnight? Remember what the old board didwith the contribuations to the pension fund and the welfare fund. They put a band aid on a gunshot wound and the wound has not healed.

local804

In 2005 the board diverted contributions from the health fund to bandage pension fund problems. In 2003 the health fund had 32 million in it, in 2008 it dropped to 12 million. Call the hall to see the documents from the dept of Labor if you like. The old boards trickery and deception tactics still shouldnt be able to trick you.

outlaw

Thanks for the info 804. I was asking around and some of the old timers told me RC did the same thing for 4 years straight in the 90's to help pay for that big pension bump we received back then. I guess we can ask the hall about that to.

local804

There is a big difference between the local when Ron left and now Outlaw. We really dont need to get into them, I am sure we can agree on them.

tellthetruth

Not always true.. Not only was the president of the local telling him not to worry because you didn't do anything wrong.. But the B.A. let him get fired because he was a threat to his position.. I hear the guys in Maspeth loved Liam.....

tellthetruth

Will Row B stand up to the bogus decisions of joint councils or rubberstamp any contracts with the international to stay in their good graces. Will Row B candidates work for the members who pay their salaries and not play politics to preserve their positions. Yeah, sure thing I will consider voting for them.

Good one!! Which one do you think the membership is ready for?