Union Politics - 804 members coming soon agitator 2

local804

The basic relationship of the employer and employee relationship dictates that you work for a boss who expects certain things from you. Now I will grant you that we have overzealous bosses. We also have overzealous shop stewards. When they now think they have a right to disrupt the operation and dictate their own performance standards then they should be reminded that they still have a job to do. You can make excuses for him all you want but his belief that a steward was untouchable and that the company could not demand a demonstrated level of performance from him is what put the target on his back. You guys masturbating to Ron Carey posters need a reminder every now and then that you still have a boss with expectations.

I just as much as the next guy wants the company to make money so lets just stop right there. Why is a shop steward called overzealous when he enforces the contract that your company signed with the union? If the said guy was not a steward and didnt hand in over 100 grievances over a few months, he would still have a job for the company.

outlaw

I just as much as the next guy wants the company to make money so lets just stop right there. Why is a shop steward called overzealous when he enforces the contract that your company signed with the union? If the said guy was not a steward and didnt hand in over 100 grievances over a few months, he would still have a job for the company.

His only problem was he listened to the wrong people.

local804

And 804 still no answer about what RC did with the pension , health and welfare contributions. I stand by what I said.
By doing what he did he front loaded the contributions to the pension fund to raise the amount of our pension, without putting money into the health fund I think it was for 4 years.
If we had a boatload of money WHY did RC take money from our annuity contribution .10 per hour and put it into out health fund during the same time period.

I answered your post, maybe you should go back and re read it a few times. Are you are trying to tell me that there wasnt a huge difference in the funds twenty years ago till December 2009?
Is that cool aid good and is this outlaw from Maspeth?

tellthetruth

I answered your post, maybe you should go back and re read it a few times. Are you are trying to tell me that there wasnt a huge difference in the funds twenty years ago till December 2009?
Is that cool aid good and is this outlaw from Maspeth?

So it sounds like Lonewolf and Outlaw are the same person.. LOL! First of all.....When the dues were first rasied by the old board it was under orders from Hoffa... When Row b complained it was because Ron C didn't rasie them because we were well off. Remember Ron C was the local and international president.. And you are right about BA giving shots.... But your friend the DM of 43rd st proved that they had a number of shots. So! He walked them and he voliated Article 7... Get your facts together.. Local804 !! I think that is the feeder driver from Maspeth!! Row A supporter! HA! Get over it!!:happy-very:

outlaw

You dont get it 804. If we had enough money in the fund why did RC redirect money from our annuity fund into the health and welfare fund , and take whatever money was negotiated into the H&W and but it into the pension. If that had not been done we would have more money in the fund today.

tellthetruth

You dont get it 804. If we had enough money in the fund why did RC redirect money from our annuity fund into the health and welfare fund , and take whatever money was negotiated into the H&W and but it into the pension. If that had not been done we would have more money in the fund today.

Wait a minute GOOD BUDDY Outlaw.. Wasn't that voted on my the members?:smart:

tellthetruth

Truth maybe YOU should start TELLING THE TRUTH. How come for the new e-board the dues raise is AUTOMATIC and when the old board raised the dues row b cried like a bunch of babies. And any BA who knows what they are doing is always able to get a shot to save a member with bad attendance, I don't care how bad it is. What happened here is DF tried to act like a tough guy (haha) and the DM stuck it in his ass. And my sources tell me trouble is brewing on the other side of the Hudson. I'm told some of the new Sec. Tres. biggest supporters are not talking to him. And Truth what about the building raides in my building sups working is worst than ever and they are filing grievances.
And 804 still no answer about what RC did with the pension , health and welfare contributions. I stand by what I said.
By doing what he did he front loaded the contributions to the pension fund to raise the amount of our pension, without putting money into the health fund I think it was for 4 years.
If we had a boatload of money WHY did RC take money from our annuity contribution .10 per hour and put it into out health fund during the same time period.

I hear that they are raiding buildings and Management hates it.. I hear that supervisors don't work when they are in the buildings.. But as we all know.... They can't be everywhere all the time.. And the grievances.... The company probably denies them like they do in our building.. So now they are put on the dockets for arbitration.. Now if everyone was proactive... Maybe it wouldn't be so bad!! By thye way.. When was the last time you filed a grievance??

outlaw

Many moons ago. But do you see what you said "The company probably denies them like they do in our building.. So now they are put on the dockets for arbitration" thats what the old board did. and WON many sup working arbitrations. But all row b said was they were not doing their job BS. Go back to the row b web site look at the video about sups working and building raids and what the new pres. said he is going to do. What a joke AND WE DID NOT VOTE ON THE .10

tellthetruth

Many moons ago. But do you see what you said "The company probably denies them like they do in our building.. So now they are put on the dockets for arbitration" thats what the old board did. and WON many sup working arbitrations. But all row b said was they were not doing their job BS. Go back to the row b web site look at the video about sups working and building raids and what the new pres. said he is going to do. What a joke AND WE DID NOT VOTE ON THE .10

Outlaw were do you get your facts from.. I spoke to someone who went down to Union Hall and saw the arbitration dockets.. And out of the 300 or so left without a date.. None were for sups working, and no one was on the dockets for attendance.. And lets use common sense.. Obvious the new board is doing what the members voted for. That is why the company is resisting so hard.. Anyone with brains can see this.. Many moons ago the old board was in bed with the company... And stop yelling!!! LOL!:greedy:

retired brother

the new board said no raise in dues without the memberships vote . that didn't happen
The new E board has no experence or a clue. the new E Board is just a bunch of koolaid
TDU cronies

JonFrum

************was at Island City one night on the preload shift. Two stewards grabbed him telling him to go into the office. A preloader was caught with pot. The preloader was told to go for a drug test and ******* told the company "NO" The stewards took ****** out of the office and told him are you crazy. DO YOU WANT THIS GUY TO LOOSE HIS JOB!!!!? Everyone knows he has to take a test...How could this new E-Board not know such a important article in the contract...Pretty scarey... You members have a better chance defending yourselves.......
You and the stewards seem supremely confident that a preloader caught in possession of pot must be drug tested. Did the preloader appear unfit for duty? Where in the Contract does it say UPS has the right to order this preloader to be drug tested if he was not observably high???
ARTICLE 35. EMPLOYEE’S BAIL, LICENSE, SUBSTANCE AND ALCOHOL TESTING
Section 3.1 Employees Who Must Be Tested
. . .Employees covered by this Collective Bargaining Agreement who are not subject to DOT mandated drug testing are only subject to reasonable cause testing as provided herein.

Section 3.8 Reasonable Cause Testing
Upon reasonable cause, UPS will require an employee to be tested for the use of controlled substances.

Reasonable cause is defined as an employee’s observable action, appearance, or conduct that clearly indicate the need for a fitness-for-duty medical evaluation.

The employee’s conduct must be witnessed by at least two (2) supervisors, if available. The witnesses must have received training in observing a person’s behavior to determine if a medical evaluation is required. When the supervisor(s) confronts an employee, a Union representative should be made available pursuant to Article 4 of the National Master UPS Agreement as interpreted. If no steward is present, the employee may select another hourly paid employee to represent him. . .

JonFrum

the new board said no raise in dues without the memberships vote . that didn't happen
The new E board has no experence or a clue. the new E Board is just a bunch of koolaid
TDU cronies
If a dues increase is mandated by the IBT Constitution, the Local Executive Board can't refuse, unless they want to be charged and convicted of violating their oath and the IBT Constitution.

tellthetruth

TDU cronies

And they still are loved by the membership LOL!.... Retired Brother... reasons why the Health and Welfare is messed up.. You pay $250.00 into it and the Plan pays close to $2000.00 a month for each retiree... Do the math!!

Last edited:

JonFrum

No it was not TRUTH. .10 PER HOUR was taken from the annuity fund and put into the H&W without any vote
Could you post the language from the old Supplement that requires a new membership vote?

It may be the members vote on the total contribution to the benefit funds at contract ratification time, and the union negotiating committee decides how it will be split between the funds. The committee may also retain the right to change the split in mid-contract as financial circumstances warrant.

tellthetruth

TDU cronies

And you and your Row A supporters are just sore losers....:happy2: There are more Row B supporters than Row A.. So you keep up the good work.. The membership knows and understand what is going on.. And what do you mean Koolaid?

local804

Many moons ago. But do you see what you said "The company probably denies them like they do in our building.. So now they are put on the dockets for arbitration" thats what the old board did. and WON many sup working arbitrations.

The old board really didnt win many arbitrations my brother.