804 Members Uniting

bellesotico

BOXstar
I don't know what picture you all were looking at..they didn't look so mean to me...

TDUshirts-1.jpg

:)

drewed

Shankman
Didnt your mother tell you not to judge a book by its cover Tie? What would give you the thug impression? shirt not tucked in? necklace? blacks and puerto ricans? please tell

wow someones eager to play the race card...

i think we need a poll for this one
first impression of picture
thugs in prison
tdu

i guarantee 90% go for thugs in prison

bellesotico

BOXstar
wow someones eager to play the race card...

I'm curious drewed..if it was a picture of three soldiers wearing swastikas, combat boots and shaved heads..what card would local804 be playing if he questioned generalizations made about the men in the pics looking like nazi's?

drewed

Shankman
I'm curious drewed..if it was a picture of three soldiers wearing swastikas, combat boots and shaved heads..what card would local804 be playing if he questioned generalizations made about the men in the pics looking like nazi's?

Youre missing the point....no one said a thing about race; 804 assumed because everyone in the photo was a minority, everyone thought it was a prison photo. It was meant in fun because although we all knew the truth it was TDUers the first perception was jail photo

You can make that generalization, because everyones perception of a picture like that would be theyre nazis. It wouldnt be a card of any sort.

local804

Youre missing the point....no one said a thing about race; 804 assumed because everyone in the photo was a minority, everyone thought it was a prison photo.

What post did 804 assume it was a prison photo because everyone was a minority??????????? I asked a series of questions without making any assumptions and just pointed out the obvious things that biggots might percieve.Stop putting words in my mouth and please dont misquote what I am saying.

drewed

Shankman
What post did 804 assume it was a prison photo because everyone was a minority??????????? I asked a series of questions without making any assumptions and just pointed out the obvious things that biggots might percieve.Stop putting words in my mouth and please dont misquote what I am saying.

Most everyones first impression to the photo was it looked like a prison photo, to which you responded to tie

Didnt your mother tell you not to judge a book by its cover Tie? What would give you the thug impression? shirt not tucked in? necklace? blacks and puerto ricans? please tell

You bringing race into this at all was an assumption to what people were basing their opinion off of. If it would have been 5 white guys in the photo, the reaction would have been the same, it looks like a prison photo.

bellesotico

BOXstar

Youre missing the point....no one said a thing about race;

Oh really? Did you not say "
wow someones eager to play the race card..." That statement was the basis for my question yet unanswered.

804 assumed because everyone in the photo was a minority, everyone thought it was a prison photo.

I don't recall local804 making any assumptions, I do recall him asking several questions as to why one would come to the conclusion that photo was a "prison photo"

It was meant in fun because although we all knew the truth it was TDUers the first perception was jail photo

Is that ALL of us? Or just 90%? Did you want to create a poll?

You can make that generalization, because everyones perception of a picture like that would be theyre nazis. It wouldnt be a card of any sort.

And the logic in this is.......????

dillweed

TDUshirts.jpg

Don't fool with us or your going down!:angry:

Totally prison like and they meant it to look that way
! Jmho..

I don't know, that guy in the front looks unhappy, his hands are in front of him in a "cuffed" position and he has a mean, bald-looking head.

I still don't know who they are but they have nice, matching shirts and all but baldy look happy.

Last edited by a moderator:

bellesotico

BOXstar
You bringing race into this at all was an assumption to what people were basing their opinion off of. If it would have been 5 white guys in the photo, the reaction would have been the same, it looks like a prison photo.

But drewed...you said..and I quote.."Youre missing the point....no one said a thing about race".

drewed

Shankman

per 804

bellesotico

BOXstar

per 804

Well then maybe you should replied to yourself. Next time do a little fact check? Kthx :happy-very:

tieguy

Banned

look at the photo again. All wearing the same blue sweatshirts. the white lettering looks like a sewn in name tag.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
look at the photo again. All wearing the same blue sweatshirts. the white lettering looks like a sewn in name tag.

My first thought was they looked like they worked with the Teutal' s at OCC or one of those Ratbike shops on the West coast.[SIZE=-1][/SIZE]

bellesotico

BOXstar

lol..

well no one can say tie isn't color blind and he definitely is fashion challenged
:wink2:

First of all those would be T SHIRTS they are wearing..not sweatshirts :happy2:
and they are BLACK. :happy-very:

Stereotypes are stereotypes for a reason. They're usually true. The reason it looks like a prison photo is the "layout" of where they are all standing and lack of ....everything but a table in the room. People should stop trying to be "politically correct". Tired of one race getting offended for another race. If I say a black joke, don't be offended if you're asian, please.

atatbl

Stereotypes are stereotypes for a reason. They're usually true. The reason it looks like a prison photo is the "layout" of where they are all standing and lack of ....everything but a table in the room. People should stop trying to be "politically correct". Tired of one race getting offended for another race. If I say a black joke, don't be offended if you're asian, please.

Oh, and that garbage is supposed to fly with me if my wife/girlfriend is black. ************

Last edited by a moderator:

tieguy

Banned
lol..

well no one can say tie isn't color blind and he definitely is fashion challenged
:wink2:

First of all those would be T SHIRTS they are wearing..not sweatshirts :happy2:
and they are BLACK. :happy-very:

We call any kind of heavy cotton T-shirt a sweatshirt but you may have me on the color though I still think it could possibly be a dark blue.:happy-very: