804 shop steward

upsers22.3

i thought the stewards were the back bone of our union,but all i here is row b is clueless ,why dont the stewards help row b and get over row a losing.t

This is not about any slate ups is at war with us their trying to eliminate anyone they
can, i see them going after every one nomatter who you are.

KingofBrown

Yes they do. It seems it's the same situation al over the US. We're gonna' get out of it by voicing out our opinion. And only a few stewards do their job correctly.

T Princess Local 866

Actually the rank and file members are the backbone of the Union.

I always say to people who complain about this and that. Do you want to put it on paper? "Oh well no I just want to tell you" A steward's hands are tied when you go to tell management about a problem but you can't say who told you or who saw it. I always say a Union is only as strong as it's rank and file. I see people work side by side with sups and say nothing. What do they want? You can't walk around the building all day yourself to find violations. Your name can't be the only one on the grievances. It's hard for a steward to do there job when the rank and file are scared to help or just don't care. A "war" is not won by just one person! Even the executive board can't do anything unless the rank and file brings it to their attention and put's there name on it. They can't read minds!

tellthetruth

I always say to people who complain about this and that. Do you want to put it on paper? "Oh well no I just want to tell you" A steward's hands are tied when you go to tell management about a problem but you can't say who told you or who saw it. I always say a Union is only as strong as it's rank and file. I see people work side by side with sups and say nothing. What do they want? You can't walk around the building all day yourself to find violations. Your name can't be the only one on the grievances. It's hard for a steward to do there job when the rank and file are scared to help or just don't care. A "war" is not won by just one person! Even the executive board can't do anything unless the rank and file brings it to their attention and put's there name on it. They can't read minds!
I agree with everything you just said. This is what exactly is happening with Local 804 in NY.

CRASH501

Until the membership of any local union grows a pair off ba..s and learns to speak whats on their minds and stop fearing BIG BROWN in this case , the locals will continue to get weaker and weaker ! Unions today dont have 25% of the strength that the unions did even 10 -15 years ago . This is why guys like myself are at arbitration , comp hearings , unemployment hearings , ect...... I AM NOT AFRAID TO SPEAK MY MIND , UPS FEARS SOMEONE WHO IS LIE ME and will do anything in their power to get rid of us ! IMAGINE IF EVEN 1 LARGE CENTER WORKED 100% BY THE BOOK , CONTRACT , METHODS ECT ...... NO SHORTCUTS ! WOW TALK ABOUT A LARGE PAID DAY AND OVERAGES !

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

"Their" you have it.
I completely agree!!

LittleBilly19

the problem is not everyone is the type of person that says to ups. :censored2: i will not be disresected or walked all over. the members no longer have any faith in the union.. there are really good union memebers out there , but not enough. the union needs to take a stand and get the membership back. if the union keeps letting ups walk people out and fire people, the members will not stand up to ups. that is a fact! so.. the answer is the union needs to draw a line in the sand and back ups up a little. I mean only up to about 3 years ago ups never got away with walking people out so easy. the union has lost its balls and that is sad

Dragon

Package Center Manager
This is why guys like myself are at arbitration , comp hearings , unemployment hearings , ect......

Go ahead, do not be afraid to speak your mind, you make a perfect example....of what not to do.

LittleBilly19

Yeah hows that ? I love people that think they know everything and yet know absolutely nothing

so.. do u think it is much worse today then it was say.. ten years ago? or even 5 years ago? u know nothing.... if u think being part of a union and always losing ground is good then u really are shot

CRASH501

so.. do u think it is much worse today then it was say.. ten years ago? or even 5 years ago? u know nothing.... if u think being part of a union and always losing ground is good then u really are shot
ARE YOU DELIRIOUS ? WHAT UNION MAN WANTS TO SEE HIS UNION GET SOFT?
I have been a union guy for most of my life.

its not just us unions nationwide are getting soft , but its the membership that allows it , keep violating contracts , like the shoppies on carpentry jobs in the city that trade a 50/50 company man : local hire for a no show job . its everywhere , DRAGON's coment was directed at me and you seem to have no clue what your talking about .
yeah when i was a driver I was mostly a no overtime guy , I CUT NO DEALS. I worked my a.. off to get my route the way it needed to be , from 100+ stops and 20 pickups I brought that route down to 60-70 stops .
it seems all you effing know it alls seem to know more about my case from day 1 than i know , WRONG ......... I HAVE WON BOTH CASES AGAINST ME ( unemployment fraud , comp fraud ) , YES ups IS APPEALING THE judges decision but .......lol it's a process ! .
their own lawyers are telling them to walk away and settle ...................
AS I HAVE SAID FROM DAY 1 ................I DID NO WRONG , MY TERMINATION WAS UNJUSTIFIED !

Dragon

Package Center Manager

Did the UPS lawyers tell you that?? Or are we guessing again....

CRASH501

Did the UPS lawyers tell you that?? Or are we guessing again....

To be honest with you I cant reveal that source until my case is 100% Done , but it couldnt get much more reliable.
When you win a case of alleged comp fraud , and win a case of alleged unemployment fraud ....Thats 2 administrative law judges ruling on your behalf .....it kinda makes a statement that speaks for itself !
Now when UPS wrongfully terminates you on the above 2 charges and NEVER proves said fraud , THAT SPEAKS EVEN LOUDER , I honestly cant wait until the Arbitrator makes his decision , win loose or draw I know I did no wrong to justify this termination.

UPSSOCKS

Until the membership of any local union grows a pair off ba..s and learns to speak whats on their minds and stop fearing BIG BROWN in this case , the locals will continue to get weaker and weaker ! Unions today dont have 25% of the strength that the unions did even 10 -15 years ago . This is why guys like myself are at arbitration , comp hearings , unemployment hearings , ect...... I AM NOT AFRAID TO SPEAK MY MIND , UPS FEARS SOMEONE WHO IS LIE ME and will do anything in their power to get rid of us ! IMAGINE IF EVEN 1 LARGE CENTER WORKED 100% BY THE BOOK , CONTRACT , METHODS ECT ...... NO SHORTCUTS ! WOW TALK ABOUT A LARGE PAID DAY AND OVERAGES !

Yes you are correct UPS is frightened by guys like you who lie about injuries...