E

embarrassed

Gordon goes three laps down than comes back to win the race.
Was his car three times faster than Jarretts? Maybe his crew chief is three times smarter than Jarretts! What is going on with this team? Oh, does anyone remember where the Fed Ex car finished?
I'm losing faith.

F

fedxsux

Gordon dosen't let Busch in and knocks him out of the race to win the race!!! I would like to see Jarrett do that just once!!!!

P

proups

ok2bclever: "I don't mean to offend (but it probably will), but I have to say that saying
"life is too short to complain about UPS"
has to be one of the most stupid suck up sayings I have ever heard on this board."

You don't offend me. I feel sorry for people like you that think people like me are "suck-ups" as you called me. I don't have to call people names or whine about Dale Jarrett or whine about UPS. This company has been very good to me financially and it has been to you too.

Life IS too short to complain about UPS.

(Message edited by proups on April 16, 2005)

O

ok2bclever

There is a difference between a suck up saying and a suck up person.

I believe you are retired if I remember right, so that would make you a cheerleader, not a suckup if I was going into personality descriptions, which I was not and am not.

However, the saying "life is too short to complain about UPS" on every single post on a board for UPS discussion sounds much like something what the Chinese government would say to college students complaining in Tiananmen Square or it's aftemath.

U

upsermom

#88 fans order your employee exclusive die-cast model racing flames package car with #88 car at upsers.com

P

proups

OK2: "I believe you are retired if I remember right, so that would make you a cheerleader, not a suckup if I was going into personality descriptions, which I was not and am not."

If you aren't describing me, what are you doing?

By the way, I'm not retired.....still going to work every day like I have for the last 26 years. The "Life is too short" is a signature line, like many others use on this board, that will appear on all of my posts.....like this one.

O

ok2bclever

Well, I thought you were retired.

Ok, so you are not a cheerleader.

I know what a signature line is, it's just that it's such as stupid saying.

T

trickpony1

I guess I am really stupid. I don't even know how to do the signature line thing. I'm just a truck driver.

O

ok2bclever

Go into Edit Profile, the link to that is towards the top left of the page and scroll down to the Signature box and then you can add some profound words of wisdom.

T

trickpony1

ok2bc,
Thanks for the info.
I'm a simple person who can probably do without a signature line.
I'm all out of profound wisdom.

P

parttimejon

isn't this a thread for the 88 car? Which by the way finished today in the 14th position. Hey look i made me a signature too.

U

upsdude

trickpony1,

"I'm all out of profound wisdom"

There's your signature!

I kinda like it!

P

parttimejon

if we all remained silent there'd be no arguing over dumb things. although i wouldn't have anything to laugh at either

M

moreluck

parttimejohn.......just a little trivia.....Who sang the song titled, You Talk Too Much ?? Since it's your signature line, you should know this.

P

parttimejon

i'm alittle young for this question but your answer is george thurgood. FYI RUN DMC also sang a song called you talk too much.

M

moreluck

Talk Too Much / California Sun Roulette, #3 (24. 10.1960)
You talk too much, you worry me to death,
You talk too much, you even worry my pet,
You just talk, you talk too much.

You talk about people that you don't know,
You talk about people wherever you go,
You just talk, talk too much.

You talk about people that you've never seen,
You talk about people, you can make me scream,
You just talk, talk too much.

Words and Music by Joe Jones & Reginald Hall

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Coverversion von Frankie Ford
His first release for Imperial was You Talk Too Much. Joe Jones had cut the song for Roulette Records in New York and they put it on the shelf. They cut it exactly like Joe Jones' version. After the session, they took it to Los Angeles on a Monday night. It was mastered on Tuesday, and by Wednesday and Thursday it was pressed and being sent out. The public couldn't buy the Joe Jones version, so everyone was buying up the Frankie Ford 45. Imperial sold close to a million copies on Frankie's cover record.

S

swingdriver

Something tells me "moreluck" can answer any question you throw at her.

...If a train leaves San Francisco at 98.7 mph and another train leaves New York City at 58.4 mph...