8am start Monday 11/26. Peaks here officially tomorrow! let's go

top dollar

Some of us at our building have a 7:45 am start time:) I love it just means more money, I have a 6 pm pick-up so I will get in at the time as usual!!

if you were bumping up close to 180 miles or more it would be meaningful

Not really trying to have a pissing contest here...I am just curious if the miles driven really matter to a driver. BTW those 180 start at about noontime after I get out of the university which is a solid 1 1/2 to 2 hours and only counts as 3 stops.

Indecisi0n

Good to hear you guys still do Christmas , I gave it up after a few years working at this place

They will never break me!

dancing-santa-reindeer.gif

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
I'd help. I love Christmas. Outside lights up & on last weekend. Christmas music on surround sound too .
Did I mention, I love Christmas??!!
I like setting up the lights and stuff, but maybe not till it's December.
And I don't like Christmas music till half way thru December!
Got the music on because the wife hates it. I do have a station on pandora though.

Nickfury7

I'll prolly drive 60-70 miles. Because ill have a split trip. I did 200 on Wednesday. They already told me atleast 240 on Monday and then go and help someone after that. Smh. Got my brand new flashlight ready.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
At your pace, you won't be helping other drivers for long, because the direction you're heading, you'll be doing 300++ stops the rest of peak. The one way management learns their lesson, is by putting the screws to naive drivers. You'll come into work and find all of those extra stops on your truck instead of someone else's.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
At your pace, you won't be helping other drivers for long, because the direction you're heading, you'll be doing 300++ stops the rest of peak. The one way management learns their lesson, is by putting the screws to naive drivers. You'll come into work and find all of those extra stops on your truck instead of someone else's.

I find it amusing that you look down disdainfully on over-achievers ... I guess you hate the 53% too?

Nickfury7

Most I have ever done was 330. If my truck isn't a mess I can do it. But odds of that are slim. Packages will be thrown everywhere. And ill be sorting every 30 mins. Smh

bl04a

8am start tomorrow. Peaks here officially tomorrow! let's go

Most I've ever done was 357. I have a great loader and I deliver in south Philadelphia where I can park my truck, load a hand truck and do 15 stops on one block.

BrownArmy

Hopefully I'll have the same helper I had for the majority of last peak...older guy, doesn't chatter, hard worker, this will be his 5th peak.

I think he does it for fun (it sure can't be for the money).

Fingers crossed! With a good helper, I don't care how many stops they load the truck up with, I dress for the weather, have a good flashlight, and get paid by the hour.

center manager reiterated the DOT rules about hours of service and said that quite a few of us would be bumping the ceiling...lol.

Dispatch super-hero (I mean that, this guy rocks) told me we're forecast at 1 gabillion packages for Monday, something like 130% of last year this time.

I say bring it on. More stops in a tighter area, I love it!

Peak is fun, at least I try to make it that way, turn it into a game and just go with it.

Brown Santa's, charge!

(Hopefully it won't turn into The Charge of the Light Brigade....)

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Most I have ever done was 330. If my truck isn't a mess I can do it. But odds of that are slim. Packages will be thrown everywhere. And ill be sorting every 30 mins. Smh

Most I've ever done was 357. I have a great loader and I deliver in south Philadelphia where I can park my truck, load a hand truck and do 15 stops on one block.

Old slow pokes like me love you guys, don't pay attention to Dracula :happy-very: